Timeline problem

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
NateNFL
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Timeline problem

Postby NateNFL » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:05 am

Should the timeline ever go into the future? I didn't think it was possible. Somehow the system skipped the 2nd half of March and now I'm on 4/25/11. However, I'm not actually in 2011 it's 2012. I'm the Panthers and already have Cam etc... Any help would be appreciated.
Nate Hodges @NateNFL
Pro Football Focus Fantasy IDP Writer
Top Tier Football.com
Projection Podcast

iGM Chris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Timeline problem

Postby iGM Chris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:20 am

Really? Never heard of that before. Sit tight; I'll take a look a little later this morning. Thanks for reporting this.

NateNFL
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NateNFL » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 am

No problem. Thanks for the quick response.
Nate Hodges @NateNFL
Pro Football Focus Fantasy IDP Writer
Top Tier Football.com
Projection Podcast

iGM Chris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby iGM Chris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks for catching this. You should see an email from me explaining what happened, cut/paste here in case anyone else is interested:

Hey. Chris Barry here; PowerHouse is my baby. You’re receiving this email because you’re one of a handful of people who suffered from a bug in our software that we caught (and fixed) today.

Because of when you started your iGM team, you were put in the timeline starting 2/24/11. We do that on purpose so you can go back and enjoy doing the 2011 season. You’re supposed to see the NFL rosters as they were on that date.

Sometime soon, we’ll turn the page, and have new members start in 2012. We were planning to do that already, but decided to put it off a bit longer. When we made that change, we successfully changed when you start, but missed what year’s rosters you start with.

So, you’re strangely in a world where you have rosters from one week after 2012’s Super Bowl, but your calendar says 2011. You have my apologies. We are still very actively developing our site, as I’m sure you can see. Stuff like this doesn’t happen very often anymore, but it does happen. The question is, what can we do for you?

I see two options. First, I can reset your team and you can start over. You’ll lose anything you’ve done already, but as you may have noticed, it’s pretty quick to go through. That’s what I’d recommend. If you want us to reset your team to square one, just reply to this email, and be clear that you want us to do that.

Second, you can keep your team as is. It’s going to be weird, since you already have your team’s current players, and you’re going to go through 2011, including the draft, and add even more players. Frankly, I’ve not seen anything like this before, so I’m not sure exactly how weird this will be.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate all of the enthusiastic support, and look forward to bringing you something really cool for years to come.

iGM Chris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby iGM Chris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Wow. In a case of internet weirdness, I just got an email notification from this forum post. More than a year after the fact.

It did remind me of you guys here at DLF, though, and how long it's been since we've been in touch. I hope everything is going great for you and that you're enjoying the NFL season, which always seems to fly by. My sons (9 and 6) and I went to the Dolphins/Jets game yesterday, and I'm not going to take sides other than to say "YES!!"

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to the entire DLF community. I hope this post finds you in good health and good spirits.

Best regards,

Chris Barry from PowerHouseGM.com