Two QB League Value Question

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Two QB League Value Question

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I have Cam and Luck in a two QB league. League is also IDP. Guy offered Rivers and a 2nd rounder for Cam. This is not enough, right? What is Cam worth in this format?
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Re: Two QB League Value Question

Postby Seventy5 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Not even remotely close. Cam is a top 2-6 overall player in this format and I don't think anybody who plays in 2QB leagues will disagree.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:25 pm

No way man, QB's are gold in superflex leagues. Don't do the deal.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't even like Cam and this is nowhere close for me.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Seventy5 wrote:Not even remotely close. Cam is a top 2-6 overall player in this format and I don't think anybody who plays in 2QB leagues will disagree.
X2. Rivers plus a second should land him someone like Cutler. Newton would take something like Rivers and two firsts if you love to roll the dice on prospects.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:21 am

Cam should attract multiple first round picks in a 2QB league.

To give an idea of value, I traded Carson Palmer for a 2nd in a 2QB league recently.
Superflex, PPR. Start 1-2QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR & 1-2TE

QB: Watson, Herbert, Lance, Bridgewater, Minshew
RB: McCaffrey, Ekeler, Hines, Fournette, Hyde, J Williams,
WR: Diggs, Lamb, Hilton, Mims, Crowder, Reynolds, G Davis, Washington, Watkins
TE: Kittle, Hooper

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:04 am

its kind of funny how we owners disreguard the value of qb's when it comes to only needing to start 1, but then put a huge value on them when it comes to starting 2. in my opinion, whether its a must start 2 or you play superflex comes into play with your question. either way though, the offer is light. if you must start 2, i think a guy like rivers and two 1sts is not bad value for cam. (dont know that i would take it, as i would be able to own cam for so long and like the thought of that) if its a superflex league, i think his value rises quite a bit. and would not even really consider trading him unless your getting rivers and a stud in return.

i play in both kinds of leagues, and think it is huge to your overall roster if you can have several options to flex in a super flex league. where in a must start 2 qb's you know you have a top option with cam, but the drop from cam to lets say the #20 qb is only a 3pt per game average. where the 3 pts comes from has something to do with my opinion of this. you lesser qb is scoring between 15-20 every week while cam is going between 30-10 each week. our games are played on a weekly basis, not an overall yearly avg, so i think this does have to be taken into account. for example i will use tannehill and cam to show what im getting at. tanny is putting up pretty much 15 each week, and cam has done so aswell with the exception of 3 big games, which is where the pt avg difference has came into play. its not as if cam is the only qb to do this (example would have been dalton the last few weeks) what im getting at is that qb scoring can carry you or bury you and that if you can find someone that consistently scores you 17 or so a game and add a couple first to him, he may be better than a cam who is going to be explosive at times but inconsistent on a weekly basis in a must start 2 league. cam's value does not come from consistency like brees and rodgers who are always around 20 even on a bad week. he goes for 10-30 to end up with the higher avg. if its a superflex league, i would be happy to get a qb who is putting up 17 consistently and a stud to go along with him who is also putting up 17 consistently.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks guys. Knew the offer was light, but wasn't sure how to value Cam in this format. It is not superflex, just start 2. I actually did counter with Rivers/Dez/2nd & it was rejected immediately.

WRs are pretty devalued individually in this scoring. Top IDPs (LBs/S) score in the mid-to-high 20s. Top WRs score in the mid-to-high teens.

Obviously, Cam has age and upside on his side, even though Rivers and Cam are producing the same amount of points this year. Maybe the owner was just trying to get one over on me with that offer.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:45 am

he was trying to get one over on you. your counter was very respectable and if he truly did want cam for a fair price. he would have accepted. wr's are much easier to replace through draft or free agency than a qb in a start 2 qb league.

Gulbech
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gulbech » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:57 am

In 2QB leagues, QBs have insane value. In my 2QB league top QB are almost untouchables.
To get Luck, i had to pay Dalton, 2nd round pick, Demarco murray (when he was healthy) and a top IDP LB.

When we drafts, even late prospects QB (Like Geno smith)are often drafted early 1st round, sometimes top picks.
Sharks and bandits (IDP)

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Gabbert, Tannahill
RB: Rice, Mathews, Ingram, Pierce, Vereen, Rayney
WR: AJ green, Crabtree, Desean, Kerley, Floyd, Floyd, Breaston, Nate Washington, Toon
TE: F. Davis, Lewis, Orson
DL: Pierre-Paul, Johnson, Dunlap
LB: Tulloch, Timmons, Harris, Foster, Lavonte
DB: Bethea, Griffon, Stewart

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah, thanks. This is my 1st 2QB league. Happens to be my 1st IDP as well. So, still learning how to value players in this format.
Team1

Stafford, Eli, Rivers

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

Brees, Big Ben