Getting ridiculous

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Getting ridiculous

Postby KMA » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:39 pm

This SJAX injury is getting absolutely ridiculous. Do you even bother to bring this guy back next season? Or do you just draft his replacement next season and roll the dice since you're losing Gonzo and White/Julio are banged up. Is it mini-rebuild time in the ATL?
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Getting ridiculous

Postby failblazer » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:52 pm

I think that Atlanta will definitely look to start rebuilding in a few areas. Obviously nearly anywhere in the defensive front seven would be an asset. Like you said too, they need to replace Jackson. The backups are fine for their role but they could do with finding a young workhorse or at least someone who can catch it out of the backfield and be dynamic (a Gio type). They need a new TE, although with Finley, Keller, Pettigrew, Pitta, Garrett Graham and others being free agents they may look to fill that void with a veteran rather than wait for a rookie to develop. They could very well look to draft a receiver in round 2 or 3 too to take over the WR3 spot from Douglas and eventually replace White as Julio's wingman.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:58 pm

The Jackson signing was a bad idea at the time. He hasn't been healthy and effective in a while and was old. I actually wouldn't be shocked to see then sign Ben Tate since they has success with Turner coming from a similar situation. I don't know their cap situation though.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 pm

bobbytheo3 wrote:The Jackson signing was a bad idea at the time. He hasn't been healthy and effective in a while and was old. I actually wouldn't be shocked to see then sign Ben Tate since they has success with Turner coming from a similar situation. I don't know their cap situation though.

That signing was absolutely not a bad idea in any capacity. They had Jacquizz Rogers as their RB and as a team who was close to making the SB it was a huge need for them. Also, he missed a whopping total of 2 games over 4 years, so the "hasn't ben healthy and effective in awhile" comment I am not sure where you were going with, he's had over 1200 total yards the last 6 seasons. Maybe you had him confused with someone else.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Chris_R wrote:
bobbytheo3 wrote:The Jackson signing was a bad idea at the time. He hasn't been healthy and effective in a while and was old. I actually wouldn't be shocked to see then sign Ben Tate since they has success with Turner coming from a similar situation. I don't know their cap situation though.

That signing was absolutely not a bad idea in any capacity. They had Jacquizz Rogers as their RB and as a team who was close to making the SB it was a huge need for them. Also, he missed a whopping total of 2 games over 4 years, so the "hasn't ben healthy and effective in awhile" comment I am not sure where you were going with, he's had over 1200 total yards the last 6 seasons. Maybe you had him confused with someone else.
Agreed. I did not understand the comment either. It was a necessary acquisition that unfortunately hasn't worked out. If they hadn't signed him they would be in the same boat they are now without him...which hasn't worked out to good. If he was healthy it may have been different.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 pm

He's out of football next year.