In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sam Bradford bust?

Postby oppy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:Why are we calling a guy who is a top 8 QB so far a bust? I iz confused
He had 13 points last week, the horror! In a game where he had absolutely no blocking and was sacked 6 times and under pressure dozens more, he didn't throw an interception and only had 1 TD!

Luckily he'll be able to get back on track against the biggest bust in history and worst QB in the division Colin Kaepernick, whose last two games combined are only like 2/3rd of what Bradford scored this past week. Except no one is talking about that.

The Rams didn't draft any high pick RBs because they believe they can throw the ball with Bradford and spread the ball around. As a Rams fan I think last week was just one of those fluke games where everyone played bad (except for the QB - Bradford was the best player last week; his WRs like Givens dropped a number of easy catches, his line didn't block, and his defense completely crapped the bed... the coaching didn't have the team ready, which is rare with Fisher).

Thursday night against the 49ers isn't the best game for the team to bounce back, but I think they'll show a lot more this week and it'll be close.

The biggest problem with Bradford as a fantasy QB is that he has to play the 49ers defense and Seattle defense twice a season. Though right now, with their injuries and Aldon Smith, the 49ers defense may not be the juggernaut many think.

I'm not sure where Bradford will end up at seasons end but a top 10 season would hardly be a surprise at this point... so I wouldn't say bust. I still think as some have mentioned here the scheme is holding him back a little bit; more spread earlier in the game would definitely help.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah, he's been really good. It's just the QB fantasy world we live in now that there are so many great QBs.

I will say this though: he'll be really good year, but only next year will he be great.

And not because of HIM, but because he STILL has a bunch of very young receivers to throw to. They need seasoning. Cook's the closest thing to a vet and he's still very young himself. That whole WR corps? Still a bunch of kids finding their way.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Dude is running a 6.3 YPA, good for 27th in the league. Worse than Ponder, Locker, Smith (either one). Stafford has an 8.4, so that comparison is garbage.
His TD% is 4.3% which puts him at 16th.

Bradford is not improving, and is still mediocre at best. He is simply getting more attempts than ever before because the Rams run game isn't even mediocre at this point.

He is at peak value right now, because so few people look beyond the base stats. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

cool_zapp
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cool_zapp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 pm

I do admit that this year so far he looks like a breakout candidate. But he was supposed to breakout last year. Don't get me wrong I want him to breakout as much as the next guy but just curious if this is the season.
12 team .5 PPR RB/WR; 1 PPR TE; IDP
Start: QB RB WRWR TE RB/WR/TE RB/WR

QB: Ryan, Prescott
RB: Charles, Forte, Gio, Gurley, Hyde, Perine, Carson, Rodgers, Foreman
WR: AJG, DT, Evans, ARob, Matthews, Parker, P. Cooper, Davis, M. Williams
TE: Eifert, Rudolph, Julius, Cook
IDP

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 am

Half of Bradford's points came against Atlanta. Almost all of those came after Atlanta went into a soft coverage because of a big lead. While those points do count, if you're counting on him going against prevent defense all year he's not going to have a job much longer. Their first 8 drives consisted of 6 punts, an interception, and a field goal.

Drive chart vs Atlanta
08:34 - Punt
04:11 - Punt
01:19 - Interception
11:25 - Field Goal
04:53 - Punt
00:09 - End of Half
15:00 - Punt
11:39 - Punt
07:06 - Punt
03:20 - Touchdown
15:00 - Touchdown
06:12 - Touchdown

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 am

Lotto4Life wrote:Half of Bradford's points came against Atlanta. Almost all of those came after Atlanta went into a soft coverage because of a big lead. While those points do count, if you're counting on him going against prevent defense all year he's not going to have a job much longer. Their first 8 drives consisted of 6 punts, an interception, and a field goal.

Drive chart vs Atlanta
08:34 - Punt
04:11 - Punt
01:19 - Interception
11:25 - Field Goal
04:53 - Punt
00:09 - End of Half
15:00 - Punt
11:39 - Punt
07:06 - Punt
03:20 - Touchdown
15:00 - Touchdown
06:12 - Touchdown
This can be said about RG3 this year.

I hate negative threads about a player I am trying to shop.

Bradford against the Cardinals
15:00 1 03:34 STL 24 6 27 Punt
05:46 1 03:16 STL 12 6 80 Fumble
14:11 2 02:51 STL 21 7 61 Field Goal
05:23 2 04:57 STL 20 12 80 Touchdown
14:47 3 00:50 ARI 4 4 -3 Field Goal
11:35 3 01:01 STL 7 2 0 Intercepted Pass
10:34 3 03:31 STL 19 6 21 Punt
01:47 3 03:51 STL 20 8 80 Touchdown
10:38 4 01:34 ARI 22 4 2 Field Goal
05:15 4 02:05 STL 5 3 8 Punt
01:45 4 01:05 STL 20 8 50 Field Goal

Right now Cardinals are 26th against the pass and Atlanta is 25th.

So I was trying to find some info on dropped passes and found this:
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Not sure how accurate or how up to date it is but it shows that T. Austin is leading with dropped passes.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 am

Not that I care too much, but there's been a lot of talk in STL that the Rams need to go up-tempo.

Yes, alot of their success against ATL came against a prevent defense, but it also coincided with the team moving to an uptempo, no-huddle attack. Now, they didn't show much of it the week after against Dallas, so who knows if they'll start implementing it full-time, or even part-time.

But with Austin in the slot, Cook as a matchup-TE, Given's speed on the outside, coupled with a poor rushing attack - and I think its time they start spreading teams out. If/when this does happen, I think Bradford could start becoming a weekly 8-15 ranked passer.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:14 am

I would like the up tempo but against teams that have players like Ware they need to complete more short passes. Almost like the old Rams team that went to the Super Bowl. Too bad they don't have a Marshall Faulk on their team.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:29 pm

general mills wrote:I would like the up tempo but against teams that have players like Ware they need to complete more short passes. Almost like the old Rams team that went to the Super Bowl. Too bad they don't have a Marshall Faulk on their team.
If only they'd given up their 1st for Richardson instead of the Colts.

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:07 pm

ericanadian wrote:Dude is running a 6.3 YPA, good for 27th in the league. Worse than Ponder, Locker, Smith (either one). Stafford has an 8.4, so that comparison is garbage.
His TD% is 4.3% which puts him at 16th.

Bradford is not improving, and is still mediocre at best. He is simply getting more attempts than ever before because the Rams run game isn't even mediocre at this point.

He is at peak value right now, because so few people look beyond the base stats. I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
Great post. I agree with all of this.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:16 pm

oppy wrote: Luckily he'll be able to get back on track against the biggest bust in history and worst QB in the division Colin Kaepernick, whose last two games combined are only like 2/3rd of what Bradford scored this past week. Except no one is talking about that.
Actually everyone is talking about that. And it wouldn't be a big deal for Bradford if he ever had 1 monster game like Kaepernick has had. But if you guys are perfectly fine with 3500 passing yards and 19 TD's as your ceiling then Bradford is your man! Have fun with that.

The Rams didn't draft any high pick RBs because they believe they can throw the ball with Bradford and spread the ball around. As a Rams fan I think last week was just one of those fluke games where everyone played bad (except for the QB - Bradford was the best player last week; his WRs like Givens dropped a number of easy catches, his line didn't block, and his defense completely crapped the bed... the coaching didn't have the team ready, which is rare with Fisher).

They drafted Pead in the 2nd round, that's about as high of a pick as you can get on a RB these days so not sure I understand what your point is. What RB went in the top 10, or 1st round last year to even give them something to think about? It had nothing to do with Bradford.

The biggest problem with Bradford as a fantasy QB is that he has to play the 49ers defense and Seattle defense twice a season. Though right now, with their injuries and Aldon Smith, the 49ers defense may not be the juggernaut many think.

I'm not sure where Bradford will end up at seasons end but a top 10 season would hardly be a surprise at this point... so I wouldn't say bust. I still think as some have mentioned here the scheme is holding him back a little bit; more spread earlier in the game would definitely help.

So I guess the Cowboys defense is now a juggarnaut defense with Seattle and SF, that's news to me. Or does he get more of his excuses that always come up for why last week he couldn't score any more points for this offense? I have never came away watching a game Bradford was in and said "man, that guy has got some talent, he can really play". I'm not even sure what people see anymore other then remembering he was still a #1 overall pick and his breakout will always be "next season" like it's always been.

He gets more excuses for a #1 pick then I've ever heard in my life. You guys will continue to do hand em out for him though until the Rams draft the NFC pro bowl roster, and still, the reason he didn't throw for 4k yards then is because they couldn't pull off a trade for AJ Green.
Last edited by Chris_R on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Rams against a depleted San Fran D.

Lol.
I don't expect anything from this offense after seeing them play an entire game. Can't run for bleep, can't get open/pass block. Yikes

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Lemme get this out of the way since it's always something. The only reason Sam Bradford completely sucked tonight is because Niners D, Jake Long was hurt, no running game, bad OC, and terrible play-calling. Amirite?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Chris_R wrote:Lemme get this out of the way since it's always something. The only reason Sam Bradford completely sucked tonight is because Niners D, Jake Long was hurt, no running game, bad OC, and terrible play-calling. Amirite?
Well... I am not defending one side or another, but I dont see how Brian Schottenheimer still has a job. He was a garbage OC in NY, and he has brought his same ole nonsense to STL. He needs to go... Sorry Marty, your son should have never quit his job as ball boy for the chiefs.