Bowman or Watt?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Bowman or Watt?

Postby bjorklunde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Pick a side.

A: Demarcus Ware & Navarro Bowman

or

B: JJ Watt & D'Qwell Jackson

D'Qwell can be swapped with either Jo-lonn Dunbar or Lawrence Timmons

Scoring- 4pts/SK, FF, FR, INT, BLK Kicks, 2pts/TK, 1pt/ATK, 6pt/TD

Cheers

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Re: Bowman or Watt?

Postby whatadai » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:15 pm

JJ Watt and DQwell Jackson.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Watt and Jackson

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Im going to say Ware and Bowman

Ware will be a much better DL scorer than he was at LB, his numbers at LB were decent but not start-able in most leagues but being that he is now a DL, heck yeah! Jackson is moving from a 4-3 Def to a 3-4 where he will have Robertson stealing tackles from him, so I see the gap from Ware to Watt about 40 points but the gap from Bowman to Jackson more than that...plus Jackson isn't the picture of good health and he is getting up in age.
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:01 pm

boobam13 wrote:Im going to say Ware and Bowman

Ware will be a much better DL scorer than he was at LB, his numbers at LB were decent but not start-able in most leagues but being that he is now a DL, heck yeah! Jackson is moving from a 4-3 Def to a 3-4 where he will have Robertson stealing tackles from him, so I see the gap from Ware to Watt about 40 points but the gap from Bowman to Jackson more than that...plus Jackson isn't the picture of good health and he is getting up in age.
I too will go with Ware and Bowman. Not down on Jackson like boobam, but I prefer a high end LB1 and a low end DL1 over a high end DL1 and a low end LB2.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:53 pm

boobam13 wrote:Im going to say Ware and Bowman

Jackson is up there in age? He's about to turn 30 and Ware is about to turn 31. What about Ware's age? LBs are much easier to find than stud DLs like Watt. Watt can last you years and diamond in the rough LBs come out of nowhere every year.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I have to grab Watt. The guy produced out of this world last year and is still super young. I would have to take him. Jackson is solid as well, and I need to see Ware with his hand on the ground...

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:22 am

Ware & Bowman for me as well.

Ware can be a beast while being scored as a DE. Ware basically played a wide nine DE in the previous 3-4 defense and I thought he had his hand on the ground a lot.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 am

The thing about DL is every year you have a new stud, go back into your league scoring and see who the top scorers are at that position...you'll see names like allen, tuck, jpp, watt, etc...teams have an offseason to plan for these guys, between than and def scheme changes the turn over for DL is huge. Ill take the top 5 LB anyday
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 am

It's more evenly matched than I thought it would be. Let me as you this: If your current LB core consisted of- Kuechly, Washington, Bowman, McCarthy, & M.Kendricks, would you trade away Bowman & Ware to get Watt & Jackson? or Watt & Timmons? or Watt & Dunbar? I have to start 2LB & can flex 1. Having Kuechly & Washington doesn't make Bowman expendable, but it doesn't hurt me as much to send one of the big 3 packing if I can bring in a guy like Watt.

My DE: Ware, Mi.Johnson, & Datone Jones

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:12 am

bjorklunde wrote:It's more evenly matched than I thought it would be. Let me as you this: If your current LB core consisted of- Kuechly, Washington, Bowman, McCarthy, & M.Kendricks, would you trade away Bowman & Ware to get Watt & Jackson? or Watt & Timmons? or Watt & Dunbar? I have to start 2LB & can flex 1. Having Kuechly & Washington doesn't make Bowman expendable, but it doesn't hurt me as much to send one of the big 3 packing if I can bring in a guy like Watt.

My DE: Ware, Mi.Johnson, & Datone Jones
In this instance, I would switch from my vacuum pick of Bowman and Ware to a pick of Watt and Jackson.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Watt > Ware, Jackson and Bowman. Watt is to DL what Graham is to TE. They are young and elite at their position
12 Team Dynasty IDP PPR (Yr.7)
QB-Stafford
RBChubb,MixonJ.White
WRK.Allen, Golladay, Lazard, M.WilliamsIsabella,
TE-Ebron,Gesicki,Irv Smith
DL-Short
DE-Dunlap,L.Williams
LB-Kwon,Mosley,Shaq
CB+S-Bell,Thomas

wibz
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wibz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 pm

I'd take Watt and Jackson by a mile.

We don't know what Ware will do with his hand in the dirt yet. Jackson is very serviceable as a low end LB1 and even if Watt produces half of what he did last year, he's still in the cream of the crop at DL and much younger.

Do you miss on an elite LB? Sure, but a premium DL the quality of Watt is extremely rare to come by. The point dropoff is MUCH bigger with linemen than linebackers.
16 Team PPR, Heavy IDP Scoring
QB - A. Luck RB - L. McCoy, D. Wilson, A. Ellington, Z.Stacy
WR - P. Harvin, J.Gordon, A. Brown, Mi. Floyd, R. Randle, D.Hopkins, K.Allen
TE - J. Finley, C. Fleener, J.Cameron DL - D. Morgan, C.Dunlap, C. Clemons
LB - B. Wagner, L. David, J. Freeman, K.Alonso, B. Jones, J. Beason
DB - B. Pollard, H. Smith, K.Vaccaro, T. Gipson

12 Team PPR, IDP
QB - M. Stafford, E. Manning
RB - T. Richardson, L. McCoy, D. Wilson, D. Robinson, D. Richardson, I. Pead
WR - R. Cobb, D. Thomas, R. Randle, D. Hopkins, TY Hilton, K. Allen, M. Wheaton, R. Streater
TE - C. Fleener, J. Cameron, J. CookDL - J. Pierre-Paul, C. Liuget, D. Wolfe
LB - P. Posluszny, B. Wagner, B. Jones, B.Carter
DB - H. Smith, M. Elam, R. Jones