Offered the 1.1 and M. Wallace for AJG and the 3.9

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Offered the 1.1 and M. Wallace for AJG and the 3.9

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 pm

I am in a 1 pt PPR 10 team Dynasty, Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 Def, 1K. I have been offered the 1.1 and M. Wallace for AJG and the 3.9. I was interested in seeing what the price might be for the 1.1 and this was the owners offer. I personally was thinking more in the price range of W. Welker for the 1.1, but maybe that is too low. What are people's thoughts? Counter? Don't bother? I have traded away my 1st and 2nd rd. picks in the upcoming draft so I only have picks 3.9, 4.9 and 5.9 to offer in addition to my roster shown below. Thanks in advance

Here is my roster
Rodgers, Flacco
D. Martin, A. Peterson, Spiller, CJ2K, JSTEW, L. Miller, K. Hunter
A.J. Green, J. Jones, R. Cobb, E. Decker, W. Welker, S. Rice, V. Brown, T. Young, B. LaFell, L. Brazil, T.J. Graham
A. Hernandez, K. Rudolph, R. Housler, T. Thompson
Pitt
Kicker varies

His roster:
P. Rivers, R. Tannehill, R. Fitzpatrick
A. Foster, A. Morris, J. Rodgers, W. McGahee, E. Royster, R. Mendenhall
A. Johnson, G. Jennings, M. Wallace, J. Gordon, A. Jeffery, K. Britt, G. Little, R. Streater
J. Gresham, T. Gonzo, O. Daniels, D. Allen, F. Davis, M. Bennett
Texans
Who cares?
Last edited by Crazylegs on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Offered the 1.1 and M. Wallace for AJG and the 3.9

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Instant reject. AJG is worth much more than that. Another player from his side - like a rb2 or another wr2... at least. I personally would just respond and say "no thanks, I value AJG more than that". This is especially true in a 10 team with starting requirements like yours. Your team is stacked and you really don't need the 1.1 this year as it would just be depth. Maybe try to move W.Welker and CJ2K for a mid 1st and a younger talented prospect player you can stash for a year.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:15 pm

Hell no.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 pm

JFever wrote:Instant reject. AJG is worth much more than that. Another player from his side - like a rb2 or another wr2... at least. I personally would just respond and say "no thanks, I value AJG more than that". This is especially true in a 10 team with starting requirements like yours. Your team is stacked and you really don't need the 1.1 this year as it would just be depth. Maybe try to move W.Welker and CJ2K for a mid 1st and a younger talented prospect player you can stash for a year.
That is actually a good idea. Solid advice. I am looking to move Welker, and with this draft the value could be closer to the mid to end of the 1st rd., beginning of the 2nd rd. Maybe I will give this a shot.

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Crazylegs wrote:
JFever wrote:Instant reject. AJG is worth much more than that. Another player from his side - like a rb2 or another wr2... at least. I personally would just respond and say "no thanks, I value AJG more than that". This is especially true in a 10 team with starting requirements like yours. Your team is stacked and you really don't need the 1.1 this year as it would just be depth. Maybe try to move W.Welker and CJ2K for a mid 1st and a younger talented prospect player you can stash for a year.
That is actually a good idea. Solid advice. I am looking to move Welker, and with this draft the value could be closer to the mid to end of the 1st rd., beginning of the 2nd rd. Maybe I will give this a shot.
Question. What might you ask back for in terms of a young prospect at RB or WR, in addition to a mid 1st, for CJ2K and Welker?

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 pm

No way. There isn't much tinkering I'd do to that team unless its for your RB4 or WR4. I'd see if Welker and Stewart would get you the 1.1.

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Crazylegs wrote:
Crazylegs wrote:
Question. What might you ask back for in terms of a young prospect at RB or WR, in addition to a mid 1st, for CJ2K and Welker?
I'd want a first or second year player with some potential.

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm

TJHollywood wrote:
Crazylegs wrote:
Crazylegs wrote: That is actually a good idea. Solid advice. I am looking to move Welker, and with this draft the value could be closer to the mid to end of the 1st rd., beginning of the 2nd rd. Maybe I will give this a shot.
I'd want a first or second year player with some potential.
D. Wilson shooting too high?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:58 pm

No. Actually depending on the roster of the other owner. CJ2K for Wilson straight up is actually reasonable if he needs the immediate rb help. If you package Welker and J.stew and ask for the 1.1 you'd be giving up more value but.... still be getting the 1.1 and also creating a good trade relationship with that owner... all the while not hurting your team one bit. You'd get to pick the one wr or rb that you feel best about, stash them, and still probably be a very strong contender in 2013. You really have a nice balanced young team there. You can afford to move both Welker and C.Johnson... nice. If you feel strong about Wilson and he declines the offer of C.Johnson for him, you could counter with Johnson and Welker for Wilson and (hopefully early second or late 1st) and it would still be fair and likely accepted. (assuming of course that the owner owns a pick in that range).
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm

JFever wrote:No. Actually depending on the roster of the other owner. CJ2K for Wilson straight up is actually reasonable if he needs the immediate rb help. If you package Welker and J.stew and ask for the 1.1 you'd be giving up more value but.... still be getting the 1.1 and also creating a good trade relationship with that owner... all the while not hurting your team one bit. You'd get to pick the one wr or rb that you feel best about, stash them, and still probably be a very strong contender in 2013. You really have a nice balanced young team there. You can afford to move both Welker and C.Johnson... nice. If you feel strong about Wilson and he declines the offer of C.Johnson for him, you could counter with Johnson and Welker for Wilson and (hopefully early second or late 1st) and it would still be fair and likely accepted. (assuming of course that the owner owns a pick in that range).
Nice!!! Appreciate it.