Jeremy Maclin going forward...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Jeremy Maclin going forward...

Postby Chris_R » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Curious what people think of Maclin for the remainder of the year and for the future. Last time I remember him being discussed really was last year when we had a bunch of Desean vs Maclin debates. He had himself a very nice game yesterday, and is probably a better security blanket for Foles, but he seems to be on the injury report every week and he always lands rough or weird that results in another week of limited practice. For his career though he's never topped 1000 yards receiving(still won't do that this year) and had 1 big year in TD's but the rest have been average at best. Though you could easily say last year he would have eclipsed 1000 had he been healthy but it is what it is.

He doesn't seem like the type of WR destined to take the next leap into a 1100 yards, 10 TD type of guy to me, or maybe it's the system holding him back? Curious of how people are ranking him at this point. Everyone in Philly has been having a down year so I don't want to put too much emphasis on this year.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Jeremy Maclin going forward...

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, I've specifically targeted and acquired Maclin in 3 of 3 dynasty leagues. I've found that his asking price is low and I think justifiably so. He is now dinged up again and will be questionable entering next weeks match up. I've targeted him though primarily because he is a 24 year old wr playing in his 4th season. I think his best years are ahead of him and his floor is somewhere around wr3 status while his potential ceiling could be low end wr1 numbers. I'd say his asking price right now is low end wr2, and for a wr of his age and resume, I'm ok with that. I'm not hoping to have to depend on him anytime soon and I'm also not too comfortable with his propensity for injury. Also red flags that should be mentioned; His current QB situation, O-line,and coaching staff status. But, all in all, his age, athetisisim, and upside of a high end wr2 make him a buy low wr if you ask me.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 pm

I have been taking the opposite position. He has had plenty of chances and is in his 4th year already. He has the talent but he is always hurt and is going to have a rookie QB throwing to him for the rest of the season. I think his value is as high now as it ever will be.

lostcause
Captain
Captain

Postby lostcause » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Maclin is awesome, fast and young. He's proven he can produce. Imo, going forward he is a solid WR2 with WR1 upside any given week.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:49 am

One thing I said this summer is he has a little bit of Todd Pinkston in him, which coincides with this nugget from Sunday's game
But Fox analyst Troy Aikman was honest in his assessment that Maclin pulled up on a slant from Foles. “He saw [Gerald] Sensabaugh sitting there in the safety position, and he didn’t want any part of it,” Aikman said. “He knew it was going to be a big-time collision had he continued to go in and make a play on that ball, and he just said ‘No thank you.’”
Maclin is a nice player. He would be a great WR2 on a high octane finesse offense like Reggie Wayne in Indy or Torry Holt in STL. (Not as good as those players but similar.) But the Eagles picked the wrong year to give up, and no one resembling an elite QB is walking in next year.

I don't think he's a sell but there's some younger guys who have certainly passed him, like Torrey, Cobb, Decker and I would probably also favor the older set in that tier like Jennings, Bowe, VJax. Which leaves him as a borderline WR2.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am

I live in Philly and I've watched every game of this kid's career and I just don't see this "amazing and fast" receiver that people always talk about. Besides his one season where he managed 10 TD's with only 70 receptions he's been pretty disappointing and has been consistently outproduced by the "one trick pony" in standard scoring leagues.

Personally I think Nick Foles taking over would be a good thing for Maclin, a QB who can actually sit in the pocket and throw an accurate ball will help make him a more consistent fantasy play, I see him as a low-end WR2-high end WR3 going forward.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 pm

People are finally starting to see maclin for what he really is now that Skip isn't here. He used to tap out of games quite a bit back at Missouri.

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with the state of the team. He actually picked it up once Vick went out. The offense line is a joke the coach is gone the situation couldn't be much worse. I picked him up in one league last last week for a 20th round draft selections. Steal once the new staff comes in.