New to dynasty: how do you handle trading draft picks?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: New to dynasty: how do you handle trading draft picks?

Postby TheOracle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:20 pm

spillertime wrote:
joekool wrote:Just to clarify..yahoo DOES allow trading picks and does import them/show them for the following year..etc..just fine. No need to write anything down, create another forum..etc.
Waivers are editable as well too..etc.

That said..the MFL link you posted with your updated skin and such, is far superior to the one I am in.
One of the dynasty leagues I am apart of is still on Yahoo and I'm in two redraft leagues on there too. They might allow trading of draft picks but you have to do all the negotiations offline. There is not an option when you propose someone a trade where you can insert your 2013 1st round pick for example. You have to write it in the comments or something like that. It really sucks.

There are so many things their waiver system does wrong. They only have like 3 or 4 options for their waivers and you cannot customize it. For example you can only have one waiver period a week. We send our waivers to the commissioner by text and he manually adds players, that's where we're at right now as far as waivers, it sucks! I could go on and on about yahoo and their waivers. I have my waiver's setup on MFL EXACTLY how I want it and it does everything for me and even emails everyone a report!

MFL helps out the commissioner more so than anyone else. It saves the commissioner a lot of time.. in time. It takes a while to get everything setup exactly how you want but once it's done, it's done. You got nothing else to worry about. I personally won't commish a league on Yahoo again, I'll play but just won't commish. MFL is what I do, and this is only my first year on it.. 7 years on yahoo and 2 months on MFL and I already realize how much better it is.

You're both right. Both my sig leagues are in yahoo. In the non-salary league, you can trade picks, the only hitch being that the picks have to be even. That's easily fixed by including 18th, 19th, 20th round picks that don't exist in the deal. You also can't trade picks beyond 2013. With Yahoo, I typically just think it's best to have a forum so all of that stuff is in a different place written down somewhere, just in case. You don't NEED to do it, but it's helpful.

However, if you have an auction/salary cap league where you still do a rookie draft, you can't trade picks. For that league I have a separate google spreadsheet where everything is kept.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Waivers multiple times a week is annoying to me :)

Thanks for the clarification Oracle..I dont participate in a salary cap league, so I couldnt inform anyone. Non-salary, yes..picks can be traded..and yes it has to be equal..we havent ever had any issues with anyone complaining...:)

moen218
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby moen218 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:43 pm

I just started a dynasty league on ESPN which I commish.

I keep all of our future draft picks listed on the message board. Along with FUTURE DRAFT PICKS, I also have a message board post for: RULES, TRADE HISTORY, OWNER INFORMATION, and PAYOUTS.

Most of the trade talks are done via texting so it hasn't affected us by not being able to propose a trade on ESPN with future draft picks.
10-Team, PPR, All TDs 6pts, QB RB RB WR/RB WR WR TE/WR TE D/ST K
The Wes Coast is Wayne-N Crabs (4th Season)
QB - Brady EManning JFreeman
RB - MJD Sproles BWells RWilliams FJones JRodgers CGray JBell Woodhead
WR - White Welker Wayne Crabtree Ja.Jones CGivens JKerley Little DNelson
TE - Gronk Rudolf Myers
D - GB ATL
K - Bryant

2013 - #33, #48
2014 - 1, 3, 3, 4, 5
2015 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5[/color]

-------

10-Team, PPR, All TDs 6pts, QB RB RB RB/WR/TE WR WR TE/WR TE D/ST K
I've got a MOENer (1st Season)
QB - Ryan Cutler Locker
RB - Rice Sproles Beanie Tate JStew Quizz Turbin BPierce DRich Pead DHarris
WR - Calvin Julio Nicks Britt MWilliams DX DMoore Gordon Broyles VBrown
TE - Rudolph
D - GB ARI NE
K - Graham

2013 - #8, 13, 19, 23, 33, 48
2014 - 1,2,2,4,5

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Ultimately here's how I feel- MFL is great and easily the best option, but probably more necessary for leagues where you don't know everybody. I have one dynasty league with my friends from high school and one with friends from undergrad, and we've had no issues using Yahoo. I'm sure we'd benefit from using MFL, although too many of my friends are either too cheap or too broke for that to work. I will say that if I were joining an open dynasty league it'd only be on MFL.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,