Houston frustrates me

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Houston frustrates me

Postby Captainzach1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:06 am

It seems like every day it's a different WR making noise. I'm holding Jean, Posey and Martin. I feel like with Andre's injury concern and the fact that the number 2 WR is Kevin Walker, that one of these guys could have some real value. What's everyone's thoughts on which guy will end up being the most valuable?
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

Lawnmowing Jesuses
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Houston frustrates me

Postby Lawnmowing Jesuses » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 am

I'd probably rank them in the order you have them listed: Jean, Posey, Martin.

Jean has the most time with the playbook and has the size to put him ahead of Posey, IMO. The real struggle I have is between Posey and Martin, but I currently have Posey ahead of Martin because of size also. The one thing that Martin has working for him that keeps me thinking is his shiftiness with the ball in his hands (which explains why most outlets view him as the better kick returner). I read things like that and think "dynamic", more so than Posey. But if I were to gamble on one, I think I'd feel safer with Posey. But full disclosure here, I'm a Texans fan and passed on all of them (Jean, Posey, and Martin) in my local's rookie draft/FA period. Not sure how much that has to do with the fact I already have Andre, though. Perhaps also had something to do with them having shots in the 2012 Draft at Rueben Randle AND Mohamed Sanu and not taking them.
War Jesus!

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 am

I saw yesterday that Martin was getting first team reps, but I know it's early and I'm sure they'll all get first team reps at some point, especially with Andre out. Looking fwd to preseason games because I'm sure Andre won't play a whole lot so maybe one of these guys will shine (kinda like Antonio Brown last year)
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Coaches often times don't even know. They're hoping a given player will 'step up' and grab the job. There's nothing a coach like better than a clear choice because one guy shines!

My vote is for Jean or a player they draft next year. :doh:
Last edited by xlote on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Anyone who wants the WR(s) in Houston not named Andre Johnson can have them! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Lawnmowing Jesuses wrote:I'd probably rank them in the order you have them listed: Jean, Posey, Martin.

Jean has the most time with the playbook and has the size to put him ahead of Posey, IMO. The real struggle I have is between Posey and Martin, but I currently have Posey ahead of Martin because of size also. The one thing that Martin has working for him that keeps me thinking is his shiftiness with the ball in his hands (which explains why most outlets view him as the better kick returner). I read things like that and think "dynamic", more so than Posey. But if I were to gamble on one, I think I'd feel safer with Posey. But full disclosure here, I'm a Texans fan and passed on all of them (Jean, Posey, and Martin) in my local's rookie draft/FA period. Not sure how much that has to do with the fact I already have Andre, though. Perhaps also had something to do with them having shots in the 2012 Draft at Rueben Randle AND Mohamed Sanu and not taking them.
I work out of Humble, but live in spring. We are almost neighbors.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:52 am

Martin more likely will get reps in the slot, while Jean and Posey will be outside. My money is on Jean based on camp reports and the layoff Posey has had.
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League