How many Leagues are you in...and what # is too much?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
swiftymcgee58
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How many Leagues are you in...and what # is too much?!

Postby swiftymcgee58 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:59 am

Just joined another! It is a free dynasty idp league though, so I won't feel too bummed or out more cash if things don't go my way...just another good practice.
Just gonna throw a point out there for the fellas that think joining many leagues increases your chances of winning...I see it like having 6 different bingo cards in 6 different games...leagues are totally different entities, if I had 6 cards in the SAME game, I could see my chances increase! Catch my drift? Which it really didn't matter...I'll just win em all!!! Ha
2012 Black and Blue IDP Dynasty-Champion
2012 Black and Blue 2 IDP Dynasty-3rd place
UPDATED SIG. COMING SOON

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 am

8 Dynasties, 1 $ redraft, and 1 20 team keeper of 3 players, max of 2 years kept.

Dynasties are what occupy most of my time, and I will admit I'm at my limit but I also enjoy having this many. Some leagues I can't get all the guys I want, now I don't have to mortage my team to have a guy I believe in, I can just get him in another league. When I started with just 1 years ago it bothered me that I only had 1 roster and I missed a ton of rookies and veterans that I believed in, or maybe wanted to build my teams differently. I think this is a comfortable amount of teams for me personally, and I'm able to enjoy each and every team/draft and watching the games is just as exciting.

Though I don't antagonize myself watching games cheering for 25 different matchups, I just kick back and enjoy the games themselves as they happen, watching real football. I'll check and see who the big scorers that week and see if I had anybody, then by Sunday Night I'll take a look over all leagues and check up on the scores.
Last edited by Chris_R on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:05 am

5 dynasty, 1 redraft and we are starting a keeper league this yr which has been a redraft league for the last 8 yrs.

i agree with chris about not antagonizing myself watching every single game cheering for 25 different matchups, i really only keep track of my local dynasty league, team in sig and what will turn into my keeper league. those are the funnest league because i actually see all the owners and it makes for good bleep talking. i only started other dynasty league to get better in my local one but quickly relized i enjoy it too much, i wont go over 5 dynasty leagues.

3 dynastys are free, 2 dlf leagues, one 32 sc league, 1 other dynasty and my local league. all of the are big roster idp leagues except 1, both redraft and new keeper leagues are $

bubbamsu
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bubbamsu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am

5 dynasty, 1 is full IDP and all are for $$- all have different scoring/rules to make it fun. Nothing to break the bank, but enough to keep the owners involved and active throughout the year.

I have completely dropped out of the redraft, neighborhood, friendly low $ or free leagues. I got sick of the inactive owners, owners who don't show up for the draft, won't answer emails, play the same lineup every week regardless of byes or injuries, etc...

This seems like the right number for me.

MikeBfo20
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MikeBfo20 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm

I am in at least 13, as of right now. But 10 are free leagues, those dont really count in my book. Sure, I will be active, trades, adjust lineups and etc.

But as for real(money) leagues, I am in 1 dynasty big-money league with 46 man roster, IDPs, salary cap, contracts and all that fun stuff. I am in 1 auction/keeper league. It is only at 1 keeper, from starting last year, and no IDP, but I am going to ask for a vote on bumping up the keepers. And I am in 1 redraft-small-money league.

So really I am in 3 money leagues plus a ton of free -just-for-shits-n-giggles leagues. Mostly cause like others have said, drafting teams are awesome and fun! Of course, with my money leagues I try to get more or less the same players if I can, that way I am not rooting against myself every Sunday. ha.

I would like to join 1, MAYBE 2 more money leagues, but so far I am sitting pretty with all these right now.
2012 Mid-South League Fantasy Football Champion

12 team Dynasty League. Year 2. 6 pts TD ppr IDP Start a full Defense. Start any 7 rb/wr/te
Narcotics Anonymous
@MikeBfo20 Tweeter
The Excellent Squad.
QBs: R Griffin da 3rd, C Kaepernick, M Schaub,
RBs: Adrian Peterson, D Sproles, A Morris,(r)Giovani Bernard,(r)Johnathon Franklin W McGahee, LaMichael James, DeWilliams, Ryan Williams
WRs: Andre Johnson, Randall Cobb, (r)Cordarrelle Patterson, DeSean Jackson, Justin Blackmon, A Collie, (r)Quinton Patton Golden Tate, Dezmon Briscoe
TEs: James Hanna (Never started a TE)
Ks: Blair Walsh

IDPs
DT: Jurell Casey Tyson Alualu, Kevin Vickerson
DEs: JJ Watt, Quinton Coples, Lamarr Houston, V Curry ,R Ninkovich
LBs: N Bowman, Luke Kuechly, Laurinatis, Jerod Mayo, (r)Jon Bostic, Erin Henderson
CB: Devin McCourty Cary Williams Stephon Gilmore
SS/FS: Roman Harper Eric Berry Chris Clemons D Manning C Godfrey

ST: Titans

(r)= rookie if you didnt know.

dlf_erich
MVP
MVP

Postby dlf_erich » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 am

Two dynasties (1 IDP) and one re-draft.

I won't judge anyone for how many leagues they're in, because everyone can handle different amounts. For me, I learned that 3 leagues is my max if I still want to have fun. I have a tough time rooting for a guy in one league, and against him in another. It becomes less fun for me.

I love dynasty much more than redraft, but I keep the redraft league because there's "more to do" in a redraft draft than there is to do in a rookie/FA draft. I like knowing that I have the ability to mix it up with at least one of my teams every year. It's also a 16-teamer, so it takes some serious skill.

To each their own!
Twitter: @EDH_27