League problems. what to do?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

League problems. what to do?

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

I am having an issue in one of my leagues where i would have taken Josh Gordon at the 3.4 in the rookie draft but I could not because he was not in the fleaflicker player universe. I had nothing wrong with that but atI some point from the 3.4 to 3.10 he became available on fleaflicker and the owner at 3.10 was allowed to draft him. When i asked the commissioner about it he kind of just blew me off and said that's how fleaflicker did it and he justified the pick by saying anyone could have traded up to draft him. I think this is wrong and the owner of the 3.10 says he doesn't care what happens with the pick but the commissioner insists that since fleaflicker added the player mid draft they became available to be drafted mid draft. I joined the league this offseason and it is already on its 3rd commissioner. I have no problem leaving the league considering i have not even played a game yet in this league. What would you do?
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Re: League problems. what to do?

Postby Captainzach1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm

I'd probably leave, because that's not how it should've been handled. I don't exactly know how it should've been handled but that isn't the way. Very frustrating I'm sure.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

First, until Mr. Gordon proves he's the second Bernie Kosar, I'll continue to operate under the belief that no supplemental draft player is worth getting worked up about. Gordon has received an insane amount of hype for a guy who has 42 catches on film as a 19 year old true sophomore and hasn't played since 2010.

That said, there's not much I would do after the fact. In an ideal situation you would have stated to the league something along the lines of, "Despite the fact that he's not yet available, I intend to take Josh Gordon with my 3.04 pick. We all know he will be available in the next day or two, so there should be no issue."

If there was no discussion beforehand, and you merely came back to the commissioner after the fact and said, "Well, I WANTED to draft Gordon, but he wasn't available!" then I would have to side with the commish. Commissioner-ing a large league like yours is no easy task, and if there was no discussion beforehand then by placating you he would be upsetting another owner.

So perhaps more clarity is needed. Did you discuss the fact that you wanted Gordon with 3.04 while it was your pick or not?
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Wallace's Warriors wrote:I joined the league this offseason and it is already on its 3rd commissioner.
:wtf:

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:32 pm

You effed up. It is not uncommon for players not to be listed in league databases.

If you want a player and they are not listed you send an email to the league and the commish stating that and or make a post on the league message board. If you have time you wait for a response. If you have to make a pick you pick up a player that nobody would want and put in the comments section that this pic represents "Player Name". Then IMMEDIATELY email the entire league explaining what you did and why. You cannot say after a team picked a player "OH Wait, I would have taken him"........I just thought he would last until my next pick. :wink:

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:01 pm

You were obviously using the Flea e-mail draft. Since the e-mail draft option does not have a draft timer, what are your league's draft rules? In the Flea leagues I am in, we usually allow for longer draft windows if an owner asks for an extension in advance. Does your league have such a provision? If so, did you ask for an extension?
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Well I didn't tell the commish but I was under the impression that a draft that starts on July 7th wouldn't include prospects that were being drafted 5 days later in the middle of the draft.
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Why would it have been fair for you to get Gordon at 3.4? Maybe the owner at 3.3 or earlier would have taken him had he been around. Had you gotten him at 3.4, one of the earlier owners could have made the exact same complaint that you're making now. If your league doesn't have rules regarding supplemental draft players, then I have no problem with the commissioner's ruling. No one in the league did anything wrong. You made an incorrect assumption about supplemental draft players and made no attempt to find out if you were correct ahead of time. If the commish won't take this as an opportunity to setup rules regarding future supplemental drafts, then I'd have issue.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

NateDawg
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NateDawg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 pm

dresden wrote:Why would it have been fair for you to get Gordon at 3.4? Maybe the owner at 3.3 or earlier would have taken him had he been around. Had you gotten him at 3.4, one of the earlier owners could have made the exact same complaint that you're making now. If your league doesn't have rules regarding supplemental draft players, then I have no problem with the commissioner's ruling. No one in the league did anything wrong. You made an incorrect assumption about supplemental draft players and made no attempt to find out if you were correct ahead of time. If the commish won't take this as an opportunity to setup rules regarding future supplemental drafts, then I'd have issue.
This x 1,000,000

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 am

The GM wrote:You effed up. It is not uncommon for players not to be listed in league databases.

If you want a player and they are not listed you send an email to the league and the commish stating that and or make a post on the league message board. If you have time you wait for a response. If you have to make a pick you pick up a player that nobody would want and put in the comments section that this pic represents "Player Name". Then IMMEDIATELY email the entire league explaining what you did and why. You cannot say after a team picked a player "OH Wait, I would have taken him"........I just thought he would last until my next pick. :wink:
this is how its been handled in my previous leagues.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

PigSkinAssasin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby PigSkinAssasin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:00 am

Simple. Trade your first next year for him and then he is on your team and all the hype from the hype monster that comes with him.
12 team ppr tds 6 pt. QB td are 4 pts, pass yd .05 pt. Most every other yard is .1 points. TE receive .15 pts per yard. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K Def. 4 player taxi squad consisting of rookie or 2nd year players. 3 year max allowed to keep players. TS may stay up to 2 years if they are rookies.

Brees, Bradford
Spiller, Turner, Vareen, Blount, B. Scott, M. Reece, Baron Batch
Fitzgerald, Nelson, Garcon, L. Moore, Malcolm Floyd, L. Hankerson, Alshon Jeffrey
Graham, Gates
Cin Def

Taxi Squad
Stanzi, A.J. Jenkins, Mario Fanin, Junior Hemingway