How long Do you let your Trade offers sit up there?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shuffle
Rookie
Rookie

How long Do you let your Trade offers sit up there?

Postby Shuffle » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 pm

I know you have to break it down a bit more..assuming its dramatically fair and balanced and not going after their mancrush and leaving their team needy of a 3 teamer type of trade that takes time to hash out...

K so theres 3 vital times of the year....

Dark and Cold offseason.
Just before your draft - rookie and/or FA if you seperate the two.
During the season.

I go mental after a week. I get edgy after 2 days. I mean it takes me 5 minutes to decide if its a yes no or how Id counter it. Its respect to the other own and also a fear that they may have something cooking elswhere. I hate that feeling when I see a withdraw and a trade completed with similar players.

I have pulled great trades back out of spite to an owner and accepted less from another owner. Only if its a regular thing. Funny thing is the most recent guy said "you do me a favor by not offering me a trade. I hate to think that hard and have to ask opinions from co workers". but he will be a lifer in the league cuz he pays on time and shows up on draft day but I digress

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: How long Do you let your Trade offers sit up there?

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Generally as long as it needs to. I don't offer a trade because it's the flavour of the minute, ao why would I pull out because it sits unanswered for a few days or even weeks? I actually like this when I know its an active owner because I know he's thinking about it.

The only time this bothers me is if I think the guy is holding the trade in case his guy gets injured, so he can fleece me. I generally withdraw trades prior to games starting.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shuffle
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Shuffle » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Ya. If ever Im thinking about it I say something in message board privately.

I know trades are pure mind games with most people. They have such great fear.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:35 am

ericanadian wrote:Generally as long as it needs to. I don't offer a trade because it's the flavour of the minute, ao why would I pull out because it sits unanswered for a few days or even weeks? I actually like this when I know its an active owner because I know he's thinking about it.

I just don't like my offers to sit out there for too long regardless. If I get a response from a guy within 48 hours and he says he wants to think it over that's fine. But honestly if there is no dialougue going on, no counters, just an open trade sitting, I'm cancelling that out. I don't always propose 1 trade at a time. If I'm shopping Jonathan Stewart, I may find an idea I really like with 1 team, but he's non responsive. So then I spark up talks with another team for Stewart and he's willing to counter and go back and forth and make it a pretty decent offer, but that old offer can get processed at any time if it's just sitting. Of there could be a smaller piece/pick involved in a trade sitting that you also offered in a seperate one, but now if that original gets accepted it'll be invalidated, or you can't offer the same thing.

Also I do a bunch of fleaflicker dynasties, and while I'm not sure how other leagues do they make it really hard to acknowledge you have an open ended trade offer out there. There have been numerous times I forgot about sending the offer out, there is always a notification when you have an offer but none when you send 1 and it's still open. That alone makes me try to cancel them out. If we can't get a discussion going, or get a "let me think it over" within 48 hours I'm shutting it down. You don't need a week to look at a trade offer and decide if it makes your team better.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am

I address offers when I see them, which could be instantly by email notification or couple days since I don't check that email on the weekends. If I'm not making a determination and it's a rare case that I want to think about it... I let the other guy know I just want to think about it for a day.

xlote
Starter
Starter

Postby xlote » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:50 am

To me a trade offer is, most often, the beginning of a discussion. I always give my trade partner ~36 hours to respond, then either the clock runs out or I pull the plug. If the person hasn't responded by the time I pull the plug, I'm fine with them sending the same offer back to me. But, I'm never leaving an offer out there for any length of time - I might forget about it. A guy could have a big game, or get hurt in the meantime.

If a guy doesn't check his email or make it known to the league when he's unavailable, that's his problem.

PackFan1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PackFan1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:56 am

ericanadian wrote:Generally as long as it needs to. I don't offer a trade because it's the flavour of the minute, ao why would I pull out because it sits unanswered for a few days or even weeks? I actually like this when I know its an active owner because I know he's thinking about it.

The only time this bothers me is if I think the guy is holding the trade in case his guy gets injured, so he can fleece me. I generally withdraw trades prior to games starting.
During the regular season, I have been burned before on leaving a trade offer on the table while teams are playing. Learn from my mistake: Make sure you ALWAYS withdraw trade offers prior to a game starting!
12 team salary cap, .5 ppr start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, W/TE, W/R, K, DEF, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB, 30 player total roster
QB Rodgers P Rivers 3
WR AJ Green 6.25 R Streater 1 R Broyles 1 K Martin 1 M Goodwin 1
RB Adrian Peterson CJ Spiller S Vereen, 5 D Woodhead Hillman 2, 3 M Lattimore 1, 2, 3
TE L Green 2,3 Charles Clay 2,3

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Chris_R wrote:

I just don't like my offers to sit out there for too long regardless. If I get a response from a guy within 48 hours and he says he wants to think it over that's fine. But honestly if there is no dialougue going on, no counters, just an open trade sitting, I'm cancelling that out. I don't always propose 1 trade at a time. If I'm shopping Jonathan Stewart, I may find an idea I really like with 1 team, but he's non responsive. So then I spark up talks with another team for Stewart and he's willing to counter and go back and forth and make it a pretty decent offer, but that old offer can get processed at any time if it's just sitting. Of there could be a smaller piece/pick involved in a trade sitting that you also offered in a seperate one, but now if that original gets accepted it'll be invalidated, or you can't offer the same thing.

Also I do a bunch of fleaflicker dynasties, and while I'm not sure how other leagues do they make it really hard to acknowledge you have an open ended trade offer out there. There have been numerous times I forgot about sending the offer out, there is always a notification when you have an offer but none when you send 1 and it's still open. That alone makes me try to cancel them out. If we can't get a discussion going, or get a "let me think it over" within 48 hours I'm shutting it down. You don't need a week to look at a trade offer and decide if it makes your team better.
I know it kills other offers if someone else accepts. I only ever send out offers that I like, so I'm not sure why this is a big deal. If a guy is trying to negotiate me down in price, why would I feel bad when a guy paying full retail takes the stock? If the guy negotiating doesn't like it, he could've accepted your deal instead of going back and forth over a long period.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

KeeferMan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby KeeferMan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:35 pm

I tend to give a deadline, usually anywhere from 1 to 2 days, and then yank them. If someone doesn't take the offer in a reasonable timeframe I don't feel like they ever will.

I usually try to put together a win-win though and not lowball people.