If Blackmon does indeed go to the Jags....

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: If Blackmon does indeed go to the Jags....

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 pm

joeday wrote:
CokeAndBacardi wrote:-Calvin Johnson's first NFL reception came from Jon Kitna
-Larry Fitzgerald's first NFL reception came from Josh McCown
-Andre Johnson's first NFL reception came from David Carr

That's three of the game's most dominant WRs who started in a less than ideal situation. Blackmon does not have the physical gifts of those three but suddenly vaulting multiple RBs who were well behind him talent-wise pre-draft might not be wise.
To be fair I only have TR and Martin in front of him. Though I do have Floyd ahead of him now as well. I was never sold that he was a beast though so that may be why I find it easier to move him down.
Yea. I'm not 100% sold either. I did just read the Rotoworld blurb on where Mularky intends to use Blackmon and it sounds good on paper. It's basically the same position with similar routes to Roddy White. Roddy looks like a bigger dude but he's listed at 6-0, 211. Blackmon is 6-1, 215 and, like Roddy, is known more as a possession guy than a vertical threat. I'm sure Blackmon's hopeful owners would be fine with lower YPC totals than a Calvin but high catch/TD numbers. That's basically the player Blackmon was in college so it could be a good fit.

Of course there's that whole Matt Ryan vs. Blaine Gabbert dropoff in the comparison but that's just a minor detail.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I've actually done a 180 on Blackmon the last few days. I didn't like him when his price tag was most likely the 1.02 in most rookie draft projections. As an owner who has the 1.05 in one league I'd draft him in a second. I think i was probably a little unfair in some of my criticisms early on. I still dont think he's an elite talent but i could easily see him spending the majority of his career in that high end 2 low end 1 WR category. I'll take that happily at 5

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

MARKinMI wrote:I've actually done a 180 on Blackmon the last few days. I didn't like him when his price tag was most likely the 1.02 in most rookie draft projections. As an owner who has the 1.05 in one league I'd draft him in a second. I think i was probably a little unfair in some of my criticisms early on. I still dont think he's an elite talent but i could easily see him spending the majority of his career in that high end 2 low end 1 WR category. I'll take that happily at 5

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. I have a couple 1.05's, and I'm very excited at the prospect of landing blackmon there.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Most people are ready to give most rookies from last year a break because of the lock out. I don't understand why Gabbert doesn't get the same love. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying his the next coming of Manning, just don't understand all the hate for him.