What should I give up for the 1.5?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bizzyboi
Role Player
Role Player

What should I give up for the 1.5?

Postby bizzyboi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

I am targeting the 5th pick via trade because I don't have any picks this year. Looking at my team and scoring system in sig., what should I be willing to give up for the 1.5?

One thought I had was trying to move Steven Jackson while he has some value. Is that too much?

Thanks!
12-team PPR (PassTD=6pt, 20 PassYd = 1 pt, Recept = 1 pt)
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2WR/RB/TE FLEX , 1TE, 1K, 1DST, 15 bench (Not Superflex, Not TE prem)

Mode: Rebuilding

QB: Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Aidan O'Connell
RB: Javonte Williams, Roschon Johnson, Zach Charbonnet, Jaylen Warren, Samaje Perine, Sean Tucker, Justice Hill, Jerick McKinnon, Keontay Ingram, Jaleel McLaughlin
WR: JSN, Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, DJ Moore, Skyy Moore, Isaiah Hodgins, Paris Campbell, Demario Douglas(taxi), Kayshon Boutte, Tre Tucker, Parker Washington(taxi), Andrei Iosivas(taxi)
TE: Luke Musgrave, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
DST: Balt
K: Tyler Bass

5 2024 1sts (Looking like 2 top-6 lottery picks and 3 bottom-6 picks)
1 2024 2nd, 3 2024 3rds, 1 2024 4th
All future picks

sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What should I give up for the 1.5?

Postby sunnyd23 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Being that you can start up to 4 RBs, SJax is too much. If you could do a package deal with Gates & Moore, I'd consider the #5 for that. What does the team with the 1.5 look like?
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

bizzyboi
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bizzyboi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Here's the guy's team with the 1.5

Moore, Matt QB MIA
Grant, Ryan RB GB
Turner, Michael RB ATL
Washington, Leon RB SEA
Marshall, Brandon WR CHI
Moore, Lance WR NO
Smith, Steve WR CAR
Robinson, Laurent WR JAC
Davis, Vernon TE SF
Novak, Nick K SD
Saints DST

Orton, Kyle QB DAL
Vick, Michael QB PHI
Carter, Delone RB IND
Goodson, Mike RB OAK
Jackson, Fred RB BUF
Scott, Bernard RB CIN
Stephens-Howling, LaRod RB ARI
Amendola, Danny WR STL
Burleson, Nate WR DET
Ginn, Ted WR SF
Nelson, David WR BUF
Dickson, Ed TE BAL
Giants DST
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2WR/RB/TE FLEX , 1TE, 1K, 1DST, 15 bench (Not Superflex, Not TE prem)

RB: Javonte Williams, Roschon Johnson, Zach Charbonnet, Jaylen Warren, Samaje Perine, Sean Tucker, Justice Hill, Jerick McKinnon, Keontay Ingram, Jaleel McLaughlin
WR: JSN, Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, DJ Moore, Skyy Moore, Isaiah Hodgins, Paris Campbell, Demario Douglas(taxi), Kayshon Boutte, Tre Tucker, Parker Washington(taxi), Andrei Iosivas(taxi)

All future picks

bizzyboi
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bizzyboi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

btw, Before last season started, I made a pretty big trade with that team.

I get:

Andre Johnson, Drew Brees

I give up:

Michael Turner, Ryan Grant, Javon Ringer

All future picks

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 pm

bizzyboi wrote:btw, Before last season started, I made a pretty big trade with that team.

I get:

Andre Johnson, Drew Brees

I give up:

Michael Turner, Ryan Grant, Javon Ringer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to trade with you much more. He got absolutely fleeced in that deal. That's so awful that I'm surprised there weren't cries of collusion.

To put it bluntly, that other guys team sucks. He's old in all the wrong positions and has very little of significant value on his team. If he trades the 1.5 away to you for another aging veteran like Sjax, he's an idiot and should get kicked out of the league. There's no nice way to put it.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 am

in a league that i own the 1.05 I'd reject the S Jax deal as soon as you sent it. At 1.05 you're guaranteed 1 of Luck, RG3, Martin, Floyd, or Blackmon. I'd take any one of those guys over S jax. The truth is guys like Turner, Sjax and Gore don't bring good trade value. Especially right now. Your best hope to maximize what value they have left is to wait until the season is under way and a teams are desperate for a RB to contend. If not that then you'll probably get more out of them just by running the wheels off of them.

Buddy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Buddy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 am

Since you got Brees and Andre last year for Turner and Grant, I'd send the offer of SJax for the 1.05. I agree with Mark that any normal owner would likely reject it but he clearly has an affinity for old RBs. And, he desperately needs a RB. Looking at his team, you might want to somehow obtain his 2013 1st at the same time. Maybe an offer that swaps 1sts along with it with some other junk thrown in.

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:30 am

Im not sure why your too interested in 1.05. The pick there will likely be Floyd, and you are already strong at wr. Unless your a huge fan of floyd, or think one of the other 4 will be there, I wouldn't even give sjax for the 1.05.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

floods
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby floods » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am

There's also the option to wait until the draft and hope someone pulls the trigger on Martin at 1.04, then sell SJax. If Martin ends up in a good spot, Blackmon & Floyd in bad spots, I could see Martin moving up if the team selecting needs to win now. As others have said, I wouldn't take SJax for 1.05, but the owner of the pick might be the fish in the league.