Who would you rather have...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who would you rather have...

Postby hamburglar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:46 am

Im probably highest at the moment on Demaryius Thomas. Which is surprising because I thought he was trash for the longest time. But seeing him work after that injury and now knowing that he's have a HoF QB tossing him the rock-- I'm sold.

Britt would probably come second to me. Although I know many catapult him first.

Dez/Miles are probably both on same plateau for me. I dont love the cowboys or their QB to begin with. Dez is super talented but really immature. Miles is a hard working and a solid citizen but lacks the super star talent of Dez.

Decker is a solid play but at the bottom of this talented laden list.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:55 pm

hamburglar wrote:Im probably highest at the moment on Demaryius Thomas. Which is surprising because I thought he was trash for the longest time. But seeing him work after that injury and now knowing that he's have a HoF QB tossing him the rock-- I'm sold.

Britt would probably come second to me. Although I know many catapult him first.

Dez/Miles are probably both on same plateau for me. I dont love the cowboys or their QB to begin with. Dez is super talented but really immature. Miles is a hard working and a solid citizen but lacks the super star talent of Dez.

Miles Austin lacks the super star talent? The guy has already been a superstar, and gives us no reason to think he cannot be again. In 2009 he looked like this at seasons end.
81 receptions, 1320 yards, 16.3 YPC, 11 TD. He was the #3 WR in my dynasty league that year.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I will agree Britt has all the talent in the world..but he also has a QB with question marks, not to mention injury issues and then we have the legal issues.

Dez has maybe more talent that Britt, but is the 2nd or 3rd option in Dallas, but has a much better QB situation. But he also hasnt lived up to his hype yet..

Id rank em

Dez
Britt
Austin

DT
Decker

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

I like Austin because he has proven he can do it on a consistent basis and he is the most mature of the group. Britt is dynamic but with an injury, 6 arrests and an attitude, he can't be my first choice and Dez is inconsistent! Truth is, I love Britt and I like Dez...Thomas and Decker are interesting but not in the same class IMO!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 am

TryingToWin wrote:
hamburglar wrote:Im probably highest at the moment on Demaryius Thomas. Which is surprising because I thought he was trash for the longest time. But seeing him work after that injury and now knowing that he's have a HoF QB tossing him the rock-- I'm sold.

Miles Austin lacks the super star talent? The guy has already been a superstar, and gives us no reason to think he cannot be again. In 2009 he looked like this at seasons end.
81 receptions, 1320 yards, 16.3 YPC, 11 TD. He was the #3 WR in my dynasty league that year.
Yes. He was a originally an un-drafted free agent. lacking the superstar talent to be drafted. But he worked hard and become a solid player.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:42 am

hamburglar wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:

Yes. He was a originally an un-drafted free agent. lacking the superstar talent to be drafted. But he worked hard and become a solid player.
Welker? Foster? not superstars?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:01 pm

joeday wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
TryingToWin wrote: Miles Austin lacks the super star talent? The guy has already been a superstar, and gives us no reason to think he cannot be again. In 2009 he looked like this at seasons end.

OK lets attempt to clarify here before this becomes a stupid debate that no one intended. You can be a super star player without super star talent. My only point is that austin wasn't blessed with the amazing super star talent or physicality of some other great athletes. And as for Welker? I'd say the same thing. While he is super talented I would attribute most of his success to being such a hard and dedicated worker.

Was Jerry Rice the most talented WR in NFL history? I would say no. But I think he is the best WR in NFL history.

My point is not to bash miles austin. ony point out he didnt have the same talent or physicality as a dez bryant... however as been proven more goes into being a superstar than having superstar talent.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

hamburglar wrote:
joeday wrote:
hamburglar wrote: Yes. He was a originally an un-drafted free agent. lacking the superstar talent to be drafted. But he worked hard and become a solid player.

OK lets attempt to clarify here before this becomes a stupid debate that no one intended. You can be a super star player without super star talent. My only point is that austin wasn't blessed with the amazing super star talent or physicality of some other great athletes. And as for Welker? I'd say the same thing. While he is super talented I would attribute most of his success to being such a hard and dedicated worker.

Was Jerry Rice the most talented WR in NFL history? I would say no. But I think he is the best WR in NFL history.

My point is not to bash miles austin. ony point out he didnt have the same talent or physicality as a dez bryant... however as been proven more goes into being a superstar than having superstar talent.

You may be right with the "physicality" part but I still disagree with the part about superstar talent. If you play like a superstar then you were talented enough to be one in the first place.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 pm

A few thoughts- talent is more than raw athleticism. Work ethic is a talent. Route running is a talent. Finding holes in a zone is a talent.

This is a really interesting list, save for Decker's inclusion. I think everybody has had him 5th, no? Anyways, I think if I were ranking based on highest ceiling I'd go DT/Britt/Dez/Miles, but if I were ranking based on highest floor I might have it completely reversed. If Britt wasn't a complete knucklehead I'd take him, and if DT had more of a track record I'd consider him also. I'd probably go with Dez, but I'll also probably also change my mind before I hit "submit". Kudos on a thought provoking list.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 am

Britt
Austin
Dez
DT
Decker
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

invisibulman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby invisibulman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 am

Britt for the upside. Dez for the safest. The others don't even belong on the same list.
Team 1
10 Team, .5 PPR, 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 2TE, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB,

2QB: Stafford, Carr, Mishew, Bridgewater, Herbert
3RB: Taylor, Ekeler, K. Johnson, Mack, AJ Dillon
4WR: Cooper, Ridley, T. Hill, Slayton, Pittman, Westbrook
2TE: Ertz, Gesicki, Hurst, Everett