Jaylen Wright Comp

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Jaylen Wright Comp

Postby BHSU » Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 am

When I see Jaylen Wright, I see Alvin Kamara in a lot of what Wright does, except Wright is faster. Excellent athlete, good receiver as a RB, and can take any play the distance. Who does he remind you of? Discuss

QB: Jordan Love/Dak Prescott/Aidan O'Connell

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Zamir White/Jonathan Brooks/Kendre Miller/Tyrone Tracy/Bucky Irving/Pierre Strong/Dylan Laube

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Drake London/Brian Thomas JR/Ladd McConkey/Javon Baker/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Malik Washington/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

TE: Trey McBride/Cole Kmet/Hunter Henry/Michael Mayer/Jelani Woods/Erick All

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jaylen Wright Comp

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 20, 2024 12:08 pm

heavier mostert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 pm

Kamara was an elite tackle breaker, and yards after contact guy. Wright is not. Kamara was way shiftier. Not sure who I see when I see Wright, but not Kamara.

Heavier Mostert certainly isn't a bad one.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 pm Kamara was an elite tackle breaker, and yards after contact guy. Wright is not. Kamara was way shiftier. Not sure who I see when I see Wright, but not Kamara.

^^^This

Kamara had exceptional contact balance and vision.
While I like Wright, I don't see Kamara in his game.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 pm

I don't watch college so I've yet to see him play, besides some puff piece highlights.

But I've heard that Tevin Coleman is another comp. Thoughts?

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:37 pm I don't watch college so I've yet to see him play, besides some puff piece highlights.

But I've heard that Tevin Coleman is another comp. Thoughts?
Tevin Coleman has sort of become the poster child comp for guys that have straight line speed with not a lot of lateral shiftiness. To the extent that encompasses Wright, maybe there is some comparison. Coleman was a pretty upright runner though and I don’t see that with Wright.
Team 1 (Rebuild ): 12-tm SF 0.5PPR/1.0PP1D
QB: Williams, Young, Tannehill
RB: Herbert, Akers, Gibson, Wilson, Abanikanda
WR: MHJ, Nabers, Flowers, Pickens, Dotson, Downs, Chark, Boyd, Douglas
TE: Knox
Picks: 3 ‘25 1s, 4 ‘25 2s, ‘25 3

Team 2: 14-tm SF PPR/1.5TEP
QB: Burrow, Wilson, Lance
RB: JT, Mixon, Pollard, Laube, Guerendo, Hill, Patterson, Hines
WR: Hill, Cooper, DK, DJM, D. Samuel, Sutton
TE: Freiermuth, Gesicki, Hudson
Picks: ‘25 3rd, ‘25 4th

Team 3 10-tm SF PPR
QB: Mahomes, Dak, Watson, Jones
RB: JT, AK, Jacobs, Brooks, Benson, Zeke, Singletary
WR: AJB, Diggs, Allen, Cooper, Wilson, Kirk, Sutton, Williams, Bateman, E. Moore
TE: Goedert, Bowers, Schultz, Granson, Hill

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 pm

Not crazy about him. He’s a great athlete and if he gets an open path straight downfield from the gap he goes through he is going to be near impossible to track down. He’s got enough size and mass to be a 3 down guy. He’s solid in pass protection, which is a big plus. He can use a little shoulder dip to set up his blocker at the LoS. Plenty of speed to get beyond an edge defender and turn the corner up the sideline.

What I see on the downside is the following: He runs high and is built a bit top heavy. His footwork is not very good. He tends to be indecisive if the called gap is not opened for him. He does not see backcut lanes or pathways at the second level, very linear vision and mindset. Fumbles and drops passes more than he should. Makes his bones by busting off long runs but where are the TDs - he only scored 4 last year, which really indicates consistency concerns.

That’s an awful lot of negatives against his positives. The upright style with poor footwork and bad decisiveness is a terrible combination of traits at the next level. Add that to the consistency and security/drops issues and I can’t help but wonder how much opportunity he’ll earn for himself. Unfortunately for him, his game is very linear and the NFL is anything but linear.

Coleman is a solid comp IMO.

BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BHSU » Mon May 20, 2024 12:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 pm Kamara was an elite tackle breaker, and yards after contact guy. Wright is not. Kamara was way shiftier. Not sure who I see when I see Wright, but not Kamara.

So a guy who can get 21 TDs when healthy? Sign me up

QB: Jordan Love/Dak Prescott/Aidan O'Connell

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Zamir White/Jonathan Brooks/Kendre Miller/Tyrone Tracy/Bucky Irving/Pierre Strong/Dylan Laube

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Drake London/Brian Thomas JR/Ladd McConkey/Javon Baker/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Malik Washington/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

TE: Trey McBride/Cole Kmet/Hunter Henry/Michael Mayer/Jelani Woods/Erick All

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm

BHSU wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:56 pm

I mean, I don't know about that, but I will say that I think Wright going to the Dolphins a great fit for him. The speed on that offense and the way MM can scheme people into space, and get the running game working for his speedy RB's, I like it. Mostert will be 32, and he's been injury prone. Achane isn't a high touch back. So if Mostert goes down, I can see a sizeable role for Wright.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon May 20, 2024 2:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm

I mean, I don't know about that, but I will say that I think Wright going to the Dolphins a great fit for him. The speed on that offense and the way MM can scheme people into space, and get the running game working for his speedy RB's, I like it. Mostert will be 32, and he's been injury prone. Achane isn't a high touch back. So if Mostert goes down, I can see a sizeable role for Wright.
That’s the way I see it too. I’m going after Wright for my drafts
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon May 20, 2024 4:15 pm

TheTroll wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:37 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:33 pm

That’s the way I see it too. I’m going after Wright for my drafts
In team 1 in my sig, we recently went did our draft. I was hoping to get Odunze and didn't care what else fell my way. Odunze went before me and I ended up with Corum, Jaylen Wright, and Caleb. It's a 1qb league, so I'm not all that excited about Caleb, but I couldn't reject the value what I drafted him.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of having Jaylen Wright and Corum.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock