General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jaxon Smith-Njigba: the thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 18, 2024 3:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:22 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:14 pm I really think Matt Harmon's stuff is pretty good, but it's not gospel. There's things he really doesn't take into consideration on his charting, IMO.
It's flawed, but have yet to see a more useful and informative version of what he does that corrects on the downside. Open Score is good, but doesn't really go into routes.
For sure. JSN still is capped as a WR 2, IMO, as long as DK is there. Especially with the new OC, and HC. Running the ball, and pushing the ball down the field will no doubt be a priority. He's a solid player, and will likely fit in nicely as a flex option/WR3 in his career prime. He's not likely ever going to be a difference maker in FF. So few WR's are, though. Not a bad player to have on your roster, as I think he's definitely shown he can hang as a safety blanket in an offense for many years, but he's not a guy you're going to want to funnel targets to, as an OC.
I don't think that's really been proven one way or the other. If he's winning in the short and intermediate routes at the levels above, that is absolutely a WR you can funnel targets to, especially with the mismatches he receives from the slot.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:00 pm

I'm still a JSN truther.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:28 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 pm

It's flawed, but have yet to see a more useful and informative version of what he does that corrects on the downside. Open Score is good, but doesn't really go into routes.
For sure. JSN still is capped as a WR 2, IMO, as long as DK is there. Especially with the new OC, and HC. Running the ball, and pushing the ball down the field will no doubt be a priority. He's a solid player, and will likely fit in nicely as a flex option/WR3 in his career prime. He's not likely ever going to be a difference maker in FF. So few WR's are, though. Not a bad player to have on your roster, as I think he's definitely shown he can hang as a safety blanket in an offense for many years, but he's not a guy you're going to want to funnel targets to, as an OC.
I don't think that's really been proven one way or the other. If he's winning in the short and intermediate routes at the levels above, that is absolutely a WR you can funnel targets to, especially with the mismatches he receives from the slot.
OK. It's what I think. I don't think he's good enough to warrant it. We shall see. He's no ARSB.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 18, 2024 4:55 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:00 pm I'm still a JSN truther.
You're also still a Bears fan, so if anything, this means fade JSN. :lol: :wink:

Sorry, not sorry. :lol: You know you're going to have to take my jabs due to that thread, from time to time.

Love ya, man. All in good fun.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 18, 2024 5:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:55 pm
You're also still a Bears fan, so if anything, this means fade JSN. :lol: :wink:

Sorry, not sorry. :lol: You know you're going to have to take my jabs due to that thread, from time to time.

lol. Oh he didn’t just go there? I got your back Wick
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 18, 2024 8:19 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:55 pm

lol. Oh he didn’t just go there? I got your back Wick
What does that mean, exactly? You're going to paint your nails...W..I..C..K..! :think:

Elaine Benes approves of the exlamation point, for the 5th digit.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 18, 2024 8:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:53 pm

OK. It's what I think. I don't think he's good enough to warrant it. We shall see. He's no ARSB.
I feel like saying he's not Amon Ra and he's not good enough to funnel targets to are two completely different measuring sticks. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 18, 2024 8:45 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:38 pm

I feel like saying he's not Amon Ra and he's not good enough to funnel targets to are two completely different measuring sticks. :lol:
How many slot WR's are good enough to do that (funnel targets to)? DK and Lockett are still there, it's just a reality. IF they weren't, and they had outside guys like the Lions did, you think he's putting up those numbers? Kupp, ARSB, there are few "slot" guys that are the main WR in their offense, JSN shows no signs of being that type of guy.

He's capped at a WR2 IMO. I don't see him being a main target in an offense like those guys, ever. He's not as good as them, and that's not a slight, they are elite. He's a good player. He's not going to be an elite NFL WR or an elite FF producer, I'm making that assesment. IF I', wrong, that's fine, I just think at this point, from what I have seen, and the WR's around him, and the coaching staff, the probabilities are low.

He's capped at a WR2 IMO. I don't see him being a main target in an offense like those guys, ever. He's not as good as them, and that's not a slight, they are elite. He's a good player. He's not going to be an elite NFL WR or an elite FF producer, I'm making that assesment. IF I'm, wrong, that's fine, I just think at this point, from what I have seen, and the WR's around him, and the coaching staff, the probabilities are low.

It's mostly that I don't think he's that good. I mean, he's good, but he's not a guy that's going to be elite, IMO. He can still be FF viable, like I said. A WR2 is relevant. He's not going to be some big time difference maker, unless he just starts doing something crazy, that I haven't seen from him.

I'm flat out saying, if JSN is a guy you want to focus your passing offense around, you'll be running a college offense again, real soon. That sh@t ain't gonna fly, he's not that type of guy.

I've watched him play in college for years, and last year in the NFL. I've watched the NFL for 40 years. I may be wrong, but I'm saying, if you come into the league from WU and try and build your passing offfense around that guy, with Geno, good luck.

You'll need it.

That's where the Hawks are, as I see it. So what's his FF upside? Are you predicting he's a WR1?

I've said I can seeR 2, but WR1 isn't likely. What's your stance on his scoring?
Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun May 19, 2024 7:04 am

jsn'S ceiling is peak Christian Kirk.

Not bad. Actually pretty good for fantasy.

But, like Kirk did after leaving AZ, he's going to have to one day reach that. I'm not sure if 2024 is the year of JSN's spurt.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 19, 2024 7:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:45 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:38 pm

How many slot WR's are good enough to do that (funnel targets to)? DK and Lockett are still there, it's just a reality. IF they weren't, and they had outside guys like the Lions did, you think he's putting up those numbers? Kupp, ARSB, there are few "slot" guys that are the main WR in their offense, JSN shows no signs of being that type of guy.

He's capped at a WR2 IMO. I don't see him being a main target in an offense like those guys, ever. He's not as good as them, and that's not a slight, they are elite. He's a good player. He's not going to be an elite NFL WR or an elite FF producer, I'm making that assesment. IF I', wrong, that's fine, I just think at this point, from what I have seen, and the WR's around him, and the coaching staff, the probabilities are low.

He's capped at a WR2 IMO. I don't see him being a main target in an offense like those guys, ever. He's not as good as them, and that's not a slight, they are elite. He's a good player. He's not going to be an elite NFL WR or an elite FF producer, I'm making that assesment. IF I'm, wrong, that's fine, I just think at this point, from what I have seen, and the WR's around him, and the coaching staff, the probabilities are low.

It's mostly that I don't think he's that good. I mean, he's good, but he's not a guy that's going to be elite, IMO. He can still be FF viable, like I said. A WR2 is relevant. He's not going to be some big time difference maker, unless he just starts doing something crazy, that I haven't seen from him.

I'm flat out saying, if JSN is a guy you want to focus your passing offense around, you'll be running a college offense again, real soon. That sh@t ain't gonna fly, he's not that type of guy.

I've watched him play in college for years, and last year in the NFL. I've watched the NFL for 40 years. I may be wrong, but I'm saying, if you come into the league from WU and try and build your passing offfense around that guy, with Geno, good luck.

You'll need it.

That's where the Hawks are, as I see it. So what's his FF upside? Are you predicting he's a WR1?

I've said I can seeR 2, but WR1 isn't likely. What's your stance on his scoring?
My main point is that based on the profile, he actually was pretty solid last year and did about as well as you could do in a WR3 role in that particular offense. If you went through this thread, there were people swearing that he wasn't doing his part to earn more of a role. I don't think it's been proven that he's not a guy you can funnel targets to, when his separation from the slot looks as good as it was advertised to be from the short and intermediate levels, and his YAC/R is pretty good as well. Also, he played almost 40% of his snaps outside. So, we're not talking a slot only player here.

Whether the Seahawks will actually start featuring him more is a completely different question. I have no idea, especially with a new coaching staff. But, the skill and talent appears to be there for him to be a very good WR. I'm not saying he's the elite of the elite, but he doesn't have to be in order to be a featured part of that offense.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 am

This guy sure does get a lot of hate

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:44 am This guy sure does get a lot of hate
That can happen when, before getting drafted, you’re supposed to be the oracle. And - granted it’s only one year - you didn’t really do anything in year 1 to impress.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 19, 2024 11:24 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 am
That can happen when, before getting drafted, you’re supposed to be the oracle. And - granted it’s only one year - you didn’t really do anything in year 1 to impress.
?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:44 am

Nails already painted. JSN will take a step UP this year, and the Bears will be a great team as well.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 19, 2024 11:46 am

I don't think claiming he's a good football player, but isn't the type of player a team would build it's passing offense around should be constituted as hate, myself.
Janiel Dones Truther