All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: All Things Bears

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 9:57 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm AND YES IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE THIS ALL YEAR.

Poles got "A" grades from just about every media source out there.
Oh goodness. You're serious. Throwing in the park in early May is supposed to be tangible evidence of some sort of future success? I a can't wait until OTA's get going.

These guys got good grades across the board too. They had 3 firsts. Be careful about counting your chickens.....

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethe ... raft-class
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm Said his anticipation was a big difference between him and Fields.
bruh, a drunk otter shagging a rotten log could have told you that!

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed May 08, 2024 3:11 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm Said his anticipation was a big difference between him and Fields.
bruh, a drunk otter shagging a rotten log could have told you that!
that is funny...disturbing but funny! I have seen an otter habitat shaped like a Taco Bell so maybe you are on to something. :D
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:01 am

I remember the hype after that preseason game where Fields threw 2 screens for TDs.

This is somehow even worse

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 08, 2024 6:24 am

TheTroll wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:09 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:06 pm HYPE TRAIN IS BUILDING.

DJM said that Caleb puts the ball right on em before they even turn around. Said his anticipation was a big difference between him and Fields. Said it will be a 3 way race to 1k a piece this season and loves how Waldron spreads the ball around. Thinks all three WRs can get to 1000 yards. He said he won't bark for the ball but will get his. Great interview just heard on The Score (670).
Glad the vets are on board. I was a tad worried about them losing Fields but I guess that isn’t an issue.
Lol what? Fields sucks. Why would they not be on board.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am

This is a whole different situation. First, we have WRs around Caleb—quite possibly one of the best WR trios in the NFL. Our OL is decent. We have a new coach and OFF that Caleb is familiar with, already learning. There is chemistry between Caleb and his WRs. Caleb is a better prospect. If you all cannot see the HUGE differences between this team with Caleb and the past with Fields, then you aren't paying attention.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 08, 2024 8:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am This is a whole different situation. First, we have WRs around Caleb—quite possibly one of the best WR trios in the NFL. Our OL is decent. We have a new coach and OFF that Caleb is familiar with, already learning. There is chemistry between Caleb and his WRs. Caleb is a better prospect. If you all cannot see the HUGE differences between this team with Caleb and the past with Fields, then you aren't paying attention.
It's not about that.

It's using an offseason nothing blurb as some kind of proof that's the issue.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm AND YES IT IS GOING TO BE LIKE THIS ALL YEAR.

Poles got "A" grades from just about every media source out there.
Poles had the #1 and #9 pick, he should have gotten an A.
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am This is a whole different situation. There is chemistry between Caleb and his WRs.
One session, calm down
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 am This is a whole different situation. First, we have WRs around Caleb—quite possibly one of the best WR trios in the NFL. Our OL is decent. We have a new coach and OFF that Caleb is familiar with, already learning. There is chemistry between Caleb and his WRs. Caleb is a better prospect. If you all cannot see the HUGE differences between this team with Caleb and the past with Fields, then you aren't paying attention.
I agree that Caleb is in a better position to succeed than Fields was, but the comments from DJM and the “chemistry” means nothing at this point in the offseason after one throwing session. Of course, he’s going to rave about his new QB and pump him up. That’s his job. Just 3 months ago, he was saying that none of the QBs in this draft could come close to Fields and he wanted him to stay. If I was a Bears fan, I would be excited about where this team is at too, but these comments from DJM don’t tell us anything in themselves.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-dj-moore ... -right-now

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed May 08, 2024 8:50 am

like dj moore wasn't fawning over fields, too...

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 am

LOL. I think DJM's comments matter because anticipation, throwing his WRs open, being on time, was something Fields didn't do well. And yes, I know this is all a bit "nothingburger" of fluffy excitement, let me have it. And to say that having the 1 and 9 pick was an easy "A" and obvious picks, Caleb, sure, but Odunze? TO ME that was the obvious pick, but the Bears have screwed up things in the past and I kind of expected them to trade down. So this all feels like progress to me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 am And to say that having the 1 and 9 pick was an easy "A" and obvious picks, Caleb, sure, but Odunze? TO ME that was the obvious pick, but the Bears have screwed up things in the past and I kind of expected them to trade down. So this all feels like progress to me.
So you are celebrating doing the obvious right thing? Man the bar is low in Bears land!
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:42 am

Maybe they'll get mani-pedis soon as a team building exercise and then Wicker can spin that one too :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:58 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 am And to say that having the 1 and 9 pick was an easy "A" and obvious picks, Caleb, sure, but Odunze? TO ME that was the obvious pick, but the Bears have screwed up things in the past and I kind of expected them to trade down. So this all feels like progress to me.
So you are celebrating doing the obvious right thing? Man the bar is low in Bears land!
Yes. I am. The bar is VERY LOW in Bears land.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:59 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:42 am Maybe they'll get mani-pedis soon as a team building exercise and then Wicker can spin that one too :lol:
Looking forward to it. I love getting a good foot rub, come on man, it's 2024 get with it. LOL
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: