JLove

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

JLove

Postby BHSU » Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 pm

I don't understand why people have him ranked so low. He's only going to get better and he was on an MVP like tear the last two months of the season. His offense around him is ridiculously stacked with young weapons. His rushing isn't Lamar's but he still gets TDs in that regard too. Please discuss.

QB: Jordan Love/Dak Prescott/Aidan O'Connell

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Zamir White/Jonathan Brooks/Kendre Miller/Tyrone Tracy/Bucky Irving/Pierre Strong/Dylan Laube

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Drake London/Brian Thomas JR/Ladd McConkey/Javon Baker/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Malik Washington/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

TE: Trey McBride/Cole Kmet/Hunter Henry/Michael Mayer/Jelani Woods/Erick All

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Re: JLove

Postby Needalife » Sat May 04, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm with you. Took him 6th in a startup (Allen, Stroud, Mahomes, Hurts, Caleb, then Love). I took him over Lamar, Burrow aand ARich as I just really like the coach/QB pairing and overall outlook. I'm always impressed with QBs who elevate average weapons. Brady, Mahomes are perfect examples. I see the GB WRs as somewhat mediocre weapons and I felt like Love elevated them (along with a great offensive scheme).

Beyond all that, I loved what I saw from him in the playoffs. I think they should have beaten the 49ers too but they didn't quite keep the pedal down enough. He's ascending in my eyes.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat May 04, 2024 4:04 pm

Being a Bears fan 4ever, it kills me to have him on my roster so when I say, he will be elite take that to the bank. While his isn’t electrifying in any category, he is the complete package.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat May 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Not sure what there is to discuss. In his first year as a starter, working with nothing but 1st and 2nd year WRs and TEs, he was #9 in QBR, one slot behind Mahomes. He made his 4th and 5th WRs look great when they had to play. He won a road playoff game and looked good against SF on the road in the playoff loss. He also added almost 250 yds to go with 4 TDs on the ground. Now they’re all going to get better as they mature together. If people are fading him that seems foolhardy.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat May 04, 2024 4:12 pm

BHSU wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 pm I don't understand why people have him ranked so low. He's only going to get better and he was on an MVP like tear the last two months of the season. His offense around him is ridiculously stacked with young weapons. His rushing isn't Lamar's but he still gets TDs in that regard too. Please discuss.
There's an entire thread dedicated to Jordan Love, already :lol:

Lotta great discussion there.

To sum it up, J-Love good. Might be great. Fade at your own risk.

BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BHSU » Sat May 04, 2024 4:30 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:12 pm
BHSU wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 pm I don't understand why people have him ranked so low. He's only going to get better and he was on an MVP like tear the last two months of the season. His offense around him is ridiculously stacked with young weapons. His rushing isn't Lamar's but he still gets TDs in that regard too. Please discuss.
There's an entire thread dedicated to Jordan Love, already :lol:

Lotta great discussion there.

To sum it up, J-Love good. Might be great. Fade at your own risk.
I'll go searching for this. Heck I might've been the one who started it LOL

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Zamir White/Jonathan Brooks/Kendre Miller/Tyrone Tracy/Bucky Irving/Pierre Strong/Dylan Laube

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Drake London/Brian Thomas JR/Ladd McConkey/Javon Baker/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Malik Washington/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm

Needalife wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:02 pm I'm with you. Took him 6th in a startup (Allen, Stroud, Mahomes, Hurts, Caleb, then Love). I took him over Lamar, Burrow aand ARich as I just really like the coach/QB pairing and overall outlook. I'm always impressed with QBs who elevate average weapons. Brady, Mahomes are perfect examples. I see the GB WRs as somewhat mediocre weapons and I felt like Love elevated them (along with a great offensive scheme).

Beyond all that, I loved what I saw from him in the playoffs. I think they should have beaten the 49ers too but they didn't quite keep the pedal down enough. He's ascending in my eyes.
Those in similar positions may trade down several QB spots and pick up some value. He’s probably market value something like QB 10-12

BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BHSU » Sun May 05, 2024 3:01 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm
Needalife wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:02 pm I'm with you. Took him 6th in a startup (Allen, Stroud, Mahomes, Hurts, Caleb, then Love). I took him over Lamar, Burrow aand ARich as I just really like the coach/QB pairing and overall outlook. I'm always impressed with QBs who elevate average weapons. Brady, Mahomes are perfect examples. I see the GB WRs as somewhat mediocre weapons and I felt like Love elevated them (along with a great offensive scheme).

Those in similar positions may trade down several QB spots and pick up some value. He’s probably market value something like QB 10-12
Heck, he's QB15 some places

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sun May 05, 2024 8:05 am

I just got Jlove in a 12 team, 1 QB league, I took an orphan and my QBs were Fields, Heinecke, and Howell.

I traded my #3 RB in Zack Moss, Marvin Mims (my #6 WR) 1.08 for JLove. I think I got a great deal for a guy that could ascend into top 5 territory this season as a QB.

I thought about trying to get a rookie but my team has the tools to be competitive, and Love is still young…

Most will regret passing on JLove this season
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE; 23 man rosters (typical scoring, except 2 pts per completion)
QBs: Josh Allen, Tua Tagovailoa, Derek Carr
RBs: Jonathan Taylor, Alvin Kamara, Zack Moss, Tyrone Tracy
WRs: Brandon Aiyuk, Jaylen Waddle, Michael Pittman, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Malachi Corley
TEs: Trey McBride, Ja’Tavion Sanders
Draft Picks Remaining: 16.11,17.2,18.11,19.2,20.11,21.2,22.11,23.2

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun May 05, 2024 8:30 am

I started Stafford over him and lost a championship because of it, so he and I have a complicated relationship.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun May 05, 2024 9:28 am

Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BHSU » Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm

You my friend are the real MVP

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 05, 2024 1:44 pm

BHSU wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm
viewtopic.php?p=2169935
This one's a bit more recent and somehow hit whopping 27 pages of discussion :lol:

BHSU
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BHSU » Sun May 05, 2024 1:46 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:44 pm
BHSU wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm
viewtopic.php?p=2169935
This one's a bit more recent and somehow hit whopping 27 pages of discussion :lol:
Ok, ok... Co-MVPs this go around..... 😂