Post NFL Draft.. Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Post NFL Draft.. Draft

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am So where do we see Ladd McConkey coming off the board in SF now? That was kind the dream landing spot.
Ladds in my top 8. He’s my WR4. He landed in the perfect spot to have a huge rookie year. I think he instantly becomes Herbert’s go to.

Maye didn’t end up in a great situation, but he’s my QB2

My board is way different compared to most, but Daniel’s is the guy outside my top 8.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am So where do we see Ladd McConkey coming off the board in SF now? That was kind the dream landing spot.
Ladds in my top 8. He’s my WR4. He landed in the perfect spot to have a huge rookie year. I think he instantly becomes Herbert’s go to.

My board is way different compared to most, but Daniel’s is the guy outside my top 8.
In SF, or 1QB?

I said it also in a different thread, but I can’t imagine a SF draft where Daniels makes it past 1.05. He and Nabers were the pre-draft 1.03/1.04… and I don’t think much has changed.

But if you are saying outside the 1.08 in SF then good for you for having your own board and sticking to it!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 am

Shcritters wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am
NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

In SF, or 1QB?

I said it also in a different thread, but I can’t imagine a SF draft where Daniels makes it past 1.05. He and Nabers were the pre-draft 1.03/1.04… and I don’t think much has changed.

But if you are saying outside the 1.08 in SF then good for you for having your own board and sticking to it!
I’m talking SF…

I know the value is in Daniel’s inside the top 5 but if I was set at QB, I’d pass on him…but before doing so I’d try to make a deal to move down a few slots to a team that wants him and still be in a position to draft “my guy”

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm

I think Daniels is going to be fantastic. Ladd for me is someone I’d take after BTJ and Worthy but he’s next for me pretty solidly unless I see Pearsall have less of a crowded room in SF.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Mike11 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm I think Daniels is going to be fantastic. Ladd for me is someone I’d take after BTJ and Worthy but he’s next for me pretty solidly unless I see Pearsall have less of a crowded room in SF.
I’d take Ladd over BTJ or Worthy. I had him above them pre draft as well, and the draft simply sealed the deal.

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm
Mike11 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm I think Daniels is going to be fantastic. Ladd for me is someone I’d take after BTJ and Worthy but he’s next for me pretty solidly unless I see Pearsall have less of a crowded room in SF.
I’d take Ladd over BTJ or Worthy. I had him above them pre draft as well, and the draft simply sealed the deal.
+1

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

trc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am I'm not a JJM guy and even though he's in a great situation I won't be taking him before the other 3 QBs. Situations can change fast, remember Houston 2 years ago? Yea now they have Diggs, Dell and Nico is legit. New England will likely go WR via trade or draft tonight and people will look more favorably on Maye.
Stroud walked into playing with Nico and Dell though. This is the Patriots skill position talent as of today:

RB: Stevenson, Gibson
WR: Bourne, Douglas, Osborn, Smith-Schuster, Reagor, Thornton
TE: Henry, Hooper

Are you sure that Maye has a chance with that group and one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

QB is a very, very situation dependent position unless you are an all-time great prospect.
Not aimed at you specifically, more the process that more people suddenly have Maye at 1.06 after draft, despite NE was the (by far?) most likely landing spot. Why is he then dropping when that outcome should already have been baked in to his FF draft spot. Heck there was almost 0 surprises to the top 7 FF landing spots outside perhaps Bowers.
Two things:

1. There was at least whispers that Daniels-Washington was not a complete lock.
2. McCarthy didn't end up in a bad situation. Minnesota was one of the best landing spots possible for a QB in this draft. Better than Washington and New England.

For me, I just keep going back to what each QB is likely going to be asked to do next season. When I consider that, McCarthy is in a really good spot to succeed short-term and long-term in Minnesota and Maye could struggle bad.

What advantages does New England have offensively right now? Who wins matchups consistently? Who gets open? Do you trust the play caller? There are so many unknowns.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

repkllrs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am Was Daniels before the draft, and still is.
I can't do it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm
repkllrs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am Was Daniels before the draft, and still is.
I can't do it.
Can't in that you don't trust Daniels over Maye/a receiver?
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st / 2nd, 2nd
2026 1st, 1st / 2nd
----------

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

gunfrees wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm
I can't do it.
Can't in that you don't trust Daniels over Maye/a receiver?
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go Nabers. I am tempted, but man, I just watch him expose himself way too often, and the NFL is faster.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 pm

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm
+1
Ladd is next for me I think after those other guys but I don’t see Ladd over them. It feels a little hot-takey to take Ladd there but I really like him too.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm
trc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am

Stroud walked into playing with Nico and Dell though. This is the Patriots skill position talent as of today:

RB: Stevenson, Gibson
WR: Bourne, Douglas, Osborn, Smith-Schuster, Reagor, Thornton
TE: Henry, Hooper

Are you sure that Maye has a chance with that group and one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

QB is a very, very situation dependent position unless you are an all-time great prospect.
Not aimed at you specifically, more the process that more people suddenly have Maye at 1.06 after draft, despite NE was the (by far?) most likely landing spot. Why is he then dropping when that outcome should already have been baked in to his FF draft spot. Heck there was almost 0 surprises to the top 7 FF landing spots outside perhaps Bowers.
Two things:

1. There was at least whispers that Daniels-Washington was not a complete lock.
2. McCarthy didn't end up in a bad situation. Minnesota was one of the best landing spots possible for a QB in this draft. Better than Washington and New England.

For me, I just keep going back to what each QB is likely going to be asked to do next season. When I consider that, McCarthy is in a really good spot to succeed short-term and long-term in Minnesota and Maye could struggle bad.

What advantages does New England have offensively right now? Who wins matchups consistently? Who gets open? Do you trust the play caller? There are so many unknowns.
I fully understand and agree that JJM gets a bump due to a very good situation.

I just don't think WAS is such a + compared to NE. The only skill position player that is better is Terry (all though his 2023 wasn't all that great looking at Open Score and PFF grading).
WAS offensive isn't that great either.
NE addressed both the line and skill position with all picks in the first 4 rounds. On top of Maye ofc.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm

Hmm, been finally digging into this draft class and Keon Coleman compares very favorably to Allen Robinson and Michael Thomas. Will be a steal where he's going. Also means this might be one of, if not the best WR class we've ever seen.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:32 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm Hmm, been finally digging into this draft class and Keon Coleman compares very favorably to Allen Robinson and Michael Thomas. Will be a steal where he's going. Also means this might be one of, if not the best WR class we've ever seen.
What are the favourable aspects you're seeing, DD? Genuinely curious.

About the only good things anyone has had to say about him thus far is that his playspeed -might- be higher than his timed speed, and that Josh Allen texted him to tell him "he was the guy he wanted".

Everything else tells a story of a guy who couldn't even seperate in College. :thumbdown:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:44 pm

mild wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:32 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm Hmm, been finally digging into this draft class and Keon Coleman compares very favorably to Allen Robinson and Michael Thomas. Will be a steal where he's going. Also means this might be one of, if not the best WR class we've ever seen.
What are the favourable aspects you're seeing, DD? Genuinely curious.

About the only good things anyone has had to say about him thus far is that his playspeed -might- be higher than his timed speed, and that Josh Allen texted him to tell him "he was the guy he wanted".

Everything else tells a story of a guy who couldn't even seperate in College. :thumbdown:
Hmm, I have not watched any film on him yet, but just in terms of draft capital, size, athleticism, speed, and collegiate production (dominator, not raw production), he’s very similar and hits all key metrics when it comes to a player of his height. I think people forget ARob also ran a 4.6 at the combine, albeit at a higher weight. The 40 for Coleman is not ideal, but it does pass the threshold, and what pushes it to the back burner is his exceptional leaping ability.