After 3 rounds…

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

After 3 rounds…

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 am

After the first 3 rounds. Who do you think has had their value in drafts increase the most?

I think it’s Ladd McConkey. He ended up in probably the best possible situation to have a year 1 impact

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: After 3 rounds…

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 am After the first 3 rounds. Who do you think has had their value in drafts increase the most?

I think it’s Ladd McConkey. He ended up in probably the best possible situation to have a year 1 impact
So, I’m thinking a case could be made for Ladd as early as 1.08 and probably 1.09 is where I’d take him. The rapid mocks I’ve seen have him going 1.11-2.02 range (which is mind blowing to me). What does everyone else think? There still looks to be an elite 8 to me and then a very nice consolation prize for everyone 1.09-2.02

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

Ladd shot up my draft board considerably. I know I’ll be in the minority here but he’s my WR4…He’s definitely in the top 8 on my board. A lot depends on team need and everything, but I could see an argument to take him even earlier if you need a WR.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 am

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am Ladd shot up my draft board considerably. I know I’ll be in the minority here but he’s my WR4…He’s definitely in the top 8 on my board. A lot depends on team need and everything, but I could see an argument to take him even earlier if you need a WR.
So, if he’s top 8 who you bumping out, Bowers?

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

My board is way different than most

But I’d actually bump Daniel’s out. I think he’s to small and not as impressive as most think he is.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 am

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am My board is way different than most

But I’d actually bump Daniel’s out. I think he’s to small and not as impressive as most think he is.
Wowza! I can certainly understand bumping him down below consensus, but out of the top 8? That’s bold!

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 am
NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am My board is way different than most

Wowza! I can certainly understand bumping him down below consensus, but out of the top 8? That’s bold!
For sure! For me it is Bowers, I think LV panicked with no QB left and just took BPA. Certainly going to take at least a season for the roles to work themselves out there.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am

For sure! For me it is Bowers, I think LV panicked with no QB left and just took BPA. Certainly going to take at least a season for the roles to work themselves out there.
With Mayer there? I don’t think Mayer effects Bowers role anymore than Algiers effected Bijans role. Ok… maybe a bad example….

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

With Mayer there? I don’t think Mayer effects Bowers role anymore than Algiers effected Bijans role. Ok… maybe a bad example….
I think they will run a lot of 12. Bowers is going to be the guy in 1 TE sets, more often than not though. I don't think the Raiders panicked, personally I like BPA, after years of reaches for need. I think 3 teams panicked and overdrafted QB's, so I'm personally glad those guys were gone by the Raiders pick, as a fan of the team. I'd much rather Bowers than Nix, Penix, or JJ. I wouldn't have been happy with those picks.

IDK why anyone would move Bowers down because of Mayer, though. If it's due to QB, fine, but I wouldn't over think it.

Ladd is certainly in a position to shine year 1, and he's Harbaugh's guy. QJ will be on another team inside 2 years IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

I think they will run a lot of 12. Bowers is going to be the guy in 1 TE sets, more often than not though. I don't think the Raiders panicked, personally I like BPA, after years of reaches for need. I think 3 teams panicked and overdrafted QB's, so I'm personally glad those guys were gone by the Raiders pick, as a fan of the team. I'd much rather Bowers than Nix, Penix, or JJ. I wouldn't have been happy with those picks.

IDK why anyone would move Bowers down because of Mayer, though. If it's due to QB, fine, but I wouldn't over think it.

Ladd is certainly in a position to shine year 1, and he's Harbaugh's guy. QJ will be on another team inside 2 years IMO.
Yeah. Maybe “panicked” wasn’t the right word there. I just meant their draft board was all out of whack. The dynamic to figure out includes AOC, the scheme, and of course Mayer and Adams. I like them moving to a 12 if they do that. Give him the best chance of success.

I do like having this issue though…certainly not a bad problem to have. I just hope his production and growth isn’t stunted like Pitts has been. Too much talent there to waste away.
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 am

Value Daniel’s is in the top 8, but on my personal board unless I need a QB, he drops out.

Now, I’d probably find a team that wants Daniel’s and try to work out a deal to gain additional players/picks and still try to get Ladd, but if I couldn’t do that, I’d take him over JD if positional need wasn’t a factor.

A lot of guys are down on Pennix because of age and the fact that he was throwing to some great talents. But is JD much different? He’s older, and was throwing to two first round receivers..On my board, JD is obviously over Pennix but if Pennix were to be in a situation to start out of the gate, JD & Pennix are in the same tier for me. Unless I need a QB, I’m not drafting either one in round 1, unless it’s a 16+ team league

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 am

Reading the comments… I think some people are talking SF and some are talking 1QB.

I don’t see a world where Daniels makes it out of the top 8 in SF… he’s likely 1.03-1.04, 1.05 absolutely worst case.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 am

Shcritters wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 am Reading the comments… I think some people are talking SF and some are talking 1QB.

I don’t see a world where Daniels makes it out of the top 8 in SF… he’s likely 1.03-1.04, 1.05 absolutely worst case.
In SF, his value is top 5 without a doubt. But unless I needed a QB, I’m not drafting him that high.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 am

After the first three rounds here are my round grades for SF. I think more in terms of 14 team SF because that's the format of my true dynasty leagues. In this case the round grades won't really change but in a 12 teamer all QBs with the exception of Caleb can be moved down 1-3 places. While I did put this in rough order that I would draft in, I'm mainly assigning value in terms of round value. I would still have all 6 first round QBs at a first round value. A first rounder is someone that I believe I will be able to put in the starting lineup (non-flex position) without concerns in the next couple years. A second rounder is someone that (1) I'm hoping I can flip for a first eventually or (2) can be a consideration for flex spot.

As of right now only 28 position players have been.drafted and of course I managed to have 14 first round grades and 14 seconds lol. A bunch of rbs taken today (day 3 of draft) and wrs taken early today (day 3) will likely find their way to 2nd round grades as well.

As a note: not all first rounders are created equal.

First rounders: (14)
Caleb
Maye
Daniels
MHJ
Nabors
McCarthy
Odunze
Penix
Brooks
Bowers
Worthy
Nix
Brian Thomas
Coleman

Second rounders: (14)
Pearsaw
Legette
McConkey
Benson
Wilson
Polk
Corum
Corely
Burton
AD Mitchell
Lloyd
McMillin
Reimen
LMC

Biggest risers were definitely penix and nix. LMC getting day 2 capital really helped him too.

AD Mitchell also was a *riser for me. Hearing the rumors about his reluctance to monitor his diabetes had me very concerned. He went from a borderline round 1 draft grade to undraftable. Had he slipped into the third round he'd likely still be undraftable to me. Getting 2nd round capital to a team that needs some more offensive pieces bumped his value to me up to a mid to late 2nd.

Shout to Roman Wilson. I can't say that he's a riser because I had him as a possible late first early second depending on draft capital. Falling to the third would have bumped him down... If he was drafted by any team other than the Steelers. But the Steelers manage to evaluate wr talent really well in the second and third.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

abloom wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 am After the first three rounds here are my round grades for SF. I think more in terms of 14 team SF because that's the format of my true dynasty leagues. In this case the round grades won't really change but in a 12 teamer all QBs with the exception of Caleb can be moved down 1-3 places. While I did put this in rough order that I would draft in, I'm mainly assigning value in terms of round value. I would still have all 6 first round QBs at a first round value. A first rounder is someone that I believe I will be able to put in the starting lineup (non-flex position) without concerns in the next couple years. A second rounder is someone that (1) I'm hoping I can flip for a first eventually or (2) can be a consideration for flex spot.

As of right now only 28 position players have been.drafted and of course I managed to have 14 first round grades and 14 seconds lol. A bunch of rbs taken today (day 3 of draft) and wrs taken early today (day 3) will likely find their way to 2nd round grades as well.

As a note: not all first rounders are created equal.

First rounders: (14)
Caleb
Maye
Daniels
MHJ
Nabors
McCarthy
Odunze
Penix
Brooks
Bowers
Worthy
Nix
Brian Thomas
Coleman

Second rounders: (14)
Pearsaw
Legette
McConkey
Benson
Wilson
Polk
Corum
Corely
Burton
AD Mitchell
Lloyd
McMillin
Reimen
LMC

Biggest risers were definitely penix and nix. LMC getting day 2 capital really helped him too.

AD Mitchell also was a *riser for me. Hearing the rumors about his reluctance to monitor his diabetes had me very concerned. He went from a borderline round 1 draft grade to undraftable. Had he slipped into the third round he'd likely still be undraftable to me. Getting 2nd round capital to a team that needs some more offensive pieces bumped his value to me up to a mid to late 2nd.

Shout to Roman Wilson. I can't say that he's a riser because I had him as a possible late first early second depending on draft capital. Falling to the third would have bumped him down... If he was drafted by any team other than the Steelers. But the Steelers manage to evaluate wr talent really well in the second and third.
You leave Franklin out because he isn’t drafted yet or because you really think he is #25 or more on your big board?
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks