Post NFL Draft.. Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Post NFL Draft.. Draft

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 am Are we going to actually put some content in here?

I think we have some juicy convos now? Superflex

1.01 Caleb
1.02 Marvin

1.03 Daniels
1.04 Nabers
1.05 Odunze

1.06 Maye
1.07-1.12 Bowers, BTJ, Worthy, Penix, McCarthy, Pearsall, Nix, Legette in some messy order

Difficult draft day decisions:
Nabers vs Odunze (Odunze better QB pairing but very buried)

BTJ vs. Worthy (BTJ maybe more complete and less immediate competition, Worthy massive upside with Mahomes) vs. Bowers (TE premium vs non premium)

JJM vs. Penix (Great cast for both QBs but one you have to wait for his shot, likely the masses will lean JJM)
I would honestly consider drafting McCarthy over Maye. New England's situation is just a bunch of question marks.

- Bad skill position talent
- Unproven HC
- Offensive line was brutal last year. New England ranked dead-last in pass-blocking win rate (43%), was 29th in PFF pass-blocking grade, and was 27th in pass-blocking efficiency with the fifth-most sacks allowed in 2023 (35).
- In a really tough division

Minnesota:

- Good skill position players who've played well together
- Shanahan tree head coach
- Solid offensive line with one of the league's premier LTs
- Tough division

Maye is a better talent, but we've seen how crucial situation is for QB outcomes and nothing about New England suggests they're ready to develop one. Maye is going to have to do a lot with less when he plays and we've never seen him be that type of QB. McCarthy is in another situation where he doesn't need to be a conquerer. He just needs to manage the game and play point guard. We've seen him do that before.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 am Are we going to actually put some content in here?

1.01 Caleb
1.02 Marvin

1.03 Daniels
1.04 Nabers
1.05 Odunze

1.06 Maye
1.07-1.12 Bowers, BTJ, Worthy, Penix, McCarthy, Pearsall, Nix, Legette in some messy order

BTJ vs. Worthy (BTJ maybe more complete and less immediate competition, Worthy massive upside with Mahomes) vs. Bowers (TE premium vs non premium)

JJM vs. Penix (Great cast for both QBs but one you have to wait for his shot, likely the masses will lean JJM)
I would honestly consider drafting McCarthy over Maye. New England's situation is just a bunch of question marks.

- Unproven HC
- Offensive line was brutal last year. New England ranked dead-last in pass-blocking win rate (43%), was 29th in PFF pass-blocking grade, and was 27th in pass-blocking efficiency with the fifth-most sacks allowed in 2023 (35).

Minnesota:

- Tough division

Maye is a better talent, but we've seen how crucial situation is for QB outcomes and nothing about New England suggests they're ready to develop one.
I've given this some thought and already have moved Maye behind Daniels. Not sure about behind JJM also, but I won't argue that the MIN situation is way better than NE at the moment

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

1.01 Caleb
1.02 Marvin

1.03 Daniels
1.04 Nabers
1.05 Odunze

1.06 Maye

- Unproven HC

Minnesota:

- Tough division

Maye is a better talent, but we've seen how crucial situation is for QB outcomes and nothing about New England suggests they're ready to develop one.
I've given this some thought and already have moved Maye behind Daniels. Not sure about behind JJM also, but I won't argue that the MIN situation is way better than NE at the moment
Maybe I'm overthinking it, but New England seems like they're going to be searching for an identity for a while and they just have too many holes on offense. It looks like those Bears teams when they drafted Trubisky.

Too many unknowns. Minnesota is largely the same team that supported Cousins well a year ago and O'Connell is a good coach and competent play caller at bare minimum. McCarthy looks like a much better value than Maye right now regardless of format.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

- Unproven HC

Minnesota:

- Tough division

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but New England seems like they're going to be searching for an identity for a while and they just have too many holes on offense. It looks like those Bears teams when they drafted Trubisky.

Too many unknowns. Minnesota is largely the same team that supported Cousins well a year ago and O'Connell is a good coach and competent play caller at bare minimum. McCarthy looks like a much better value than Maye right now regardless of format.
Put this way, I'm in no position to be drafting Maye and I won't be trading up for him.

JJM would be a guy I take if he falls late in the 1st round. But I'd probably look to flip him tbh

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am

Now that we have homes for the top prospects, who are we taking at the 1.03 spot in superflex drafts?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am

Was Daniels before the draft, and still is.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am

I'm not a JJM guy and even though he's in a great situation I won't be taking him before the other 3 QBs. Situations can change fast, remember Houston 2 years ago? Yea now they have Diggs, Dell and Nico is legit. New England will likely go WR via trade or draft tonight and people will look more favorably on Maye.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 am

Maye over JJM by a landslide. I'm personally nor deviating from my pre-draft assessment, and would take him over Daniels. Only one league where this is relevant and l likely won't be in a position to choose at 1.04 and I'll take whoever falls.

BTJ way, way, way over Worthy. Assume this isn't a serious debate, but pray some think this is and overdraft Worthy.

I'm actually struggling with BTJ or JJM? Is JJM going to net more in a trade down the line, or just take the potential WR1 with warts and be done with it?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am I'm not a JJM guy and even though he's in a great situation I won't be taking him before the other 3 QBs. Situations can change fast, remember Houston 2 years ago? Yea now they have Diggs, Dell and Nico is legit. New England will likely go WR via trade or draft tonight and people will look more favorably on Maye.
Stroud walked into playing with Nico and Dell though. This is the Patriots skill position talent as of today:

RB: Stevenson, Gibson
WR: Bourne, Douglas, Osborn, Smith-Schuster, Reagor, Thornton
TE: Henry, Hooper

Are you sure that Maye has a chance with that group and one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

QB is a very, very situation dependent position unless you are an all-time great prospect.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am I'm not a JJM guy and even though he's in a great situation I won't be taking him before the other 3 QBs. Situations can change fast, remember Houston 2 years ago? Yea now they have Diggs, Dell and Nico is legit. New England will likely go WR via trade or draft tonight and people will look more favorably on Maye.
Stroud walked into playing with Nico and Dell though. This is the Patriots skill position talent as of today:

Are you sure that Maye has a chance with that group and one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

QB is a very, very situation dependent position unless you are an all-time great prospect.
Douglas has been on my buy list all off-season, and still lots of WR talent left in this draft. Obviously the WR room is not the best in the business, but with an early 2nd addition, it may not be as bleak as some think.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am Maybe I'm overthinking it, but New England seems like they're going to be searching for an identity for a while and they just have too many holes on offense. It looks like those Bears teams when they drafted Trubisky.

I think you're overthinking it CG.

The NFL just told you that Maye is the better talent by far. MIN themselves told you that they preferred Maye; they were trying to trade up for 1.03 until the Pats made the pick. Daboll and Schoen were trying for him, too. If some of the smartest minds in Football were all trying to come up and grab him, then who are the Patriots - who needed a QB - to pass on him?

NE just grabbed Polk, and I'm sure they'll find someone else to throw a dart at later today or tomorrow. Remember, HOU found Tank Dell in the 3rd round. Hell, the best rookie WR last year was drafted in the 5th round. Situations can absolutely change fast in the NFL.

What doesn't change is arm talent, and processing ability. It is not even remotely close.

JJM might be mega-Purdy if he works out.

Maye could be Herbert 2.0.

What's your flavour...?

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

Not aimed at you specifically, more the process that more people suddenly have Maye at 1.06 after draft, despite NE was the (by far?) most likely landing spot. Why is he then dropping when that outcome should already have been baked in to his FF draft spot. Heck there was almost 0 surprises to the top 7 FF landing spots outside perhaps Bowers.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am

trc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

Not aimed at you specifically, more the process that more people suddenly have Maye at 1.06 after draft, despite NE was the (by far?) most likely landing spot. Why is he then dropping when that outcome should already have been baked in to his FF draft spot. Heck there was almost 0 surprises to the top 7 FF landing spots outside perhaps Bowers.
……..and then came pick number 8. 😝😝. As for Maye, here is how I see it. For along time this off season, it was 50/50 basically with WAS picking either Maye or Daniels. It wasn’t really until these last two weeks that experts started to swing more to Daniels at 2 and this meant Maye would be 3 to NE or (as crazy as this off season has been), a team moved up to get him at 3. For me, until the reality didn’t hit home until the top 7 picks were basically straight chalk with zero deals. Now that Maye is officially on NE, I have definitely dropped him a bit in my mind due to everything said above regarding the talent (or lack there of) around him.

The true irony is the craziness that was almost expected, never happened which in fact made the lack of movement in the top 7 “crazy”. Thank God for the Falcons, who didn’t allow the crazy to continue! 🤪🤪🤪
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am

So where do we see Ladd McConkey coming off the board in SF now? That was kind the dream landing spot.

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am
trc wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

……..and then came pick number 8. 😝😝. As for Maye, here is how I see it. For along time this off season, it was 50/50 basically with WAS picking either Maye or Daniels. It wasn’t really until these last two weeks that experts started to swing more to Daniels at 2 and this meant Maye would be 3 to NE or (as crazy as this off season has been), a team moved up to get him at 3. For me, until the reality didn’t hit home until the top 7 picks were basically straight chalk with zero deals. Now that Maye is officially on NE, I have definitely dropped him a bit in my mind due to everything said above regarding the talent (or lack there of) around him.

The true irony is the craziness that was almost expected, never happened which in fact made the lack of movement in the top 7 “crazy”. Thank God for the Falcons, who didn’t allow the crazy to continue! 🤪🤪🤪
It is not like WAS is filled with talent. My biggest concern is the O-line that statistically was one of the worst in 2023 (bottom 5), NE seems like in the middle. A lot of pressures allowed, which absolutely doesn’t fare well with Daniels holding on to the ball to much and generally have a hard time when pressured.