Trade Reversal Request from Owner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Trade Reversal Request from Owner

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 pm

In season, 2 weeks wouldn’t be realistic. Off-season, it’s possible, but still too long to simply honour at face value. That’s on the other owner, both for the offer and delay in noticing. Right or wrong, he messed up and needs to own it at this point.

If you want to do right by his request, I’d expect something as compensation in doing so. A future 2nd will assess how much remorse he has. If it’s more, he proceeds and you walk away with a free asset of some value. If he views it less, then he shouldn’t have bothered asking at all.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Sure, but it at least makes the “honest mistake” excuse a bit more believable.

I can understand targeting Bijan and mistakenly clicking on Brian because another B.Robinson happens to be on your trade partner’s team.
No excuses for a two week interval.

I don't know about you, but as soon as a traded is executed, I go look at my team and get excited about starting my new players. ESPECIALLY if the player is on the level of Bijan FREAKING Robinson!!! I would have been checking my roster every hour, looking at his name, clicking on his bio to stare lovingly at his picture like a sixteen year old in love for the first time, thinking about all the fun we would have together later this year when we hooked up. ... reminds me of a girl I once knew ... uh back to the point.

No one can tell me the other guy did not look at his roster one time in thirteen days to see who was on it. What? Was the guy on a secret CIA mission in Russia? Was he on a secret NASA mission to the Moon? I'm sorry, but a two-week delay simply does not pass the smell test. I do not believe he did not check his roster for two weeks after such a huge trade.

But the assumption here is a dynasty manager traded a T5 dynasty QB for a T2 dynasty RB and.he.never.once.looked.at.his.roster.after.the.trade. FOR TWO WEEKS??? I'm sorry, but that strains the limits of credulity.
Not everyone spends hours per day on a forum reading about and talking about other fantasy leagues and the owners they don't know and the trades they may have mistakenly (or not mistakenly) made. Remember, Anteaters, that people on this site are the rarity of dynasty players. Most are not THIS invested. Most play it as a casual game...in which they have fictional "ownership" of players for their fictional team.
Finding it incredulous that someone wouldn't check in on their roster for a couple weeks in the offseason isn't weighted in reality. It's weighted in a strange community of fanatics.
I don’t completely disagree, but in my experience anyway, the type of people you describe aren’t sending out offers either. If they’re the casual type to not check for weeks at a time, they’re not sending offers and they may or may not respond to one you send to them. Counters are rare because they don’t take the time this time of year.

I agree it’s possible it’s a legitimate mistake. But I personally think it’s much more likely buyers remorse. But we’re all just guessing here, only one person knows the real truth.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:14 pm
No excuses for a two week interval.

I don't know about you, but as soon as a traded is executed, I go look at my team and get excited about starting my new players. ESPECIALLY if the player is on the level of Bijan FREAKING Robinson!!! I would have been checking my roster every hour, looking at his name, clicking on his bio to stare lovingly at his picture like a sixteen year old in love for the first time, thinking about all the fun we would have together later this year when we hooked up. ... reminds me of a girl I once knew ... uh back to the point.

No one can tell me the other guy did not look at his roster one time in thirteen days to see who was on it. What? Was the guy on a secret CIA mission in Russia? Was he on a secret NASA mission to the Moon? I'm sorry, but a two-week delay simply does not pass the smell test. I do not believe he did not check his roster for two weeks after such a huge trade.

But the assumption here is a dynasty manager traded a T5 dynasty QB for a T2 dynasty RB and.he.never.once.looked.at.his.roster.after.the.trade. FOR TWO WEEKS??? I'm sorry, but that strains the limits of credulity.
Not everyone spends hours per day on a forum reading about and talking about other fantasy leagues and the owners they don't know and the trades they may have mistakenly (or not mistakenly) made. Remember, Anteaters, that people on this site are the rarity of dynasty players. Most are not THIS invested. Most play it as a casual game...in which they have fictional "ownership" of players for their fictional team.
Finding it incredulous that someone wouldn't check in on their roster for a couple weeks in the offseason isn't weighted in reality. It's weighted in a strange community of fanatics.
I don’t completely disagree, but in my experience anyway, the type of people you describe aren’t sending out offers either. If they’re the casual type to not check for weeks at a time, they’re not sending offers and they may or may not respond to one you send to them. Counters are rare because they don’t take the time this time of year.

I agree it’s possible it’s a legitimate mistake. But I personally think it’s much more likely buyers remorse. But we’re all just guessing here, only one person knows the real truth.
Solid point.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:23 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 am
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:58 am

Solid point.
Did someone poll the tendencies of the 29.2 MILLION people that played fantasy football last year? :whistle:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

Depends on the league. 4/5 of my leagues are with people I've played with a long time, and if I didn't realize in the offer that it was a big mistake Bijan vs. Brian, and the owner came back to me two weeks later, I'd reverse it. People make mistakes. It's a very easy one to do with both B. Robinson's. Heck, I've almost done that. I mean Stroud/3.0 for Brian/Purdy is a pretty lopsided trade:

KTC—16,000 to 9,100
DLF—438 to 304

Like I said, bunch of strangers online and not a ton of money, too late. League where I have good friends, I'd reverse it.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am Depends on the league. 4/5 of my leagues are with people I've played with a long time, and if I didn't realize in the offer that it was a big mistake Bijan vs. Brian, and the owner came back to me two weeks later, I'd reverse it. People make mistakes. It's a very easy one to do with both B. Robinson's. Heck, I've almost done that. I mean Stroud/3.0 for Brian/Purdy is a pretty lopsided trade:

KTC—16,000 to 9,100
DLF—438 to 304

Like I said, bunch of strangers online and not a ton of money, too late. League where I have good friends, I'd reverse it.
This

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am Depends on the league. 4/5 of my leagues are with people I've played with a long time, and if I didn't realize in the offer that it was a big mistake Bijan vs. Brian, and the owner came back to me two weeks later, I'd reverse it. People make mistakes. It's a very easy one to do with both B. Robinson's. Heck, I've almost done that. I mean Stroud/3.0 for Brian/Purdy is a pretty lopsided trade:

KTC—16,000 to 9,100
DLF—438 to 304

Mistakes are opportunities to learn, in fact sometimes they are the best opportunity to learn. Why would you deprive the offering owner the chance to learn that lack of attention to detail can have very unfortunate results? It’s a friendly league - that is probably the best classroom since the consequence is meaningful yet the severity of the outcome is significantly dampened.

And next time you use the DLF trade calculator you might want to change the initial parameters to match the situation. Try it again in a 12 team SF league. Opportunity! :wink:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm

Imagine if an NFL team traded three 1sts for Van Jefferson, only to realize they pressed the wrong button and wanted Justin

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm Imagine if an NFL team traded three 1sts for Van Jefferson, only to realize they pressed the wrong button and wanted Justin
It's almost like trading three firsts for Vontae Mack when they could have had him with the one first in hand.

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:53 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm Imagine if an NFL team traded three 1sts for Van Jefferson, only to realize they pressed the wrong button and wanted Justin
It's almost like trading three firsts for Vontae Mack when they could have had him with the one first in hand.
LB and a RB in the top ten. We need the sequel where the entire management and coach were fired

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 pm

natjjohn wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:53 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 pm
LB and a RB in the top ten. We need the sequel where the entire management and coach were fired
And passed on the best qb prospect since Luck. Twice. When word was their qb was weak in the knees.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:14 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 am

KTC—16,000 to 9,100
DLF—438 to 304

This
I also agree.

It was a clear mistake. No reasonable owner is going to want to trade one of, if not thee, hottest Dynasty assets in Stroud to tier down at QB to pick up a RB ranked outside the top 24.

The debate here is, do you say tough luck to your fellow online dynasty player, who is otherwise a stranger to you, or do you try to work out a resolution?

I'm not arguing either choice is right or wrong. But the debate is not that this is buyers remorse.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 am

it all depends on if the buddy who roasted him is in that same league or not. if he is, it could be a honest mistake, but if he isn't, the roasted must have told him "hey i did this trade"...

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 am

Back in the day, there was a redraft time where there were actually two Adrian Peterson's at RB. Obviously one was HOF material and the other was a backup on AZ if i remember. We had someone accidentally pick the wrong one during a trade and realized his mistake. we allowed the reversal due to common sense.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 am

TheTroll wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 am Back in the day, there was a redraft time where there were actually two Adrian Peterson's at RB. Obviously one was HOF material and the other was a backup on AZ if i remember. We had someone accidentally pick the wrong one during a trade and realized his mistake. we allowed the reversal due to common sense.
pretty sure he played for the Bears at one point. edit... he spent his entire career with the Bears

that situation makes sense. but i suspect it didn't take two weeks to figure out.

also. i know it's been a few years, but can the bears claim they meant to take Mahomes on their draft card
Last edited by 81- on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27