Dispersal Draft Help - When To Take IDP Players

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bridger32
Role Player
Role Player

Dispersal Draft Help - When To Take IDP Players

Postby bridger32 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:33 am

Hello everyone. I am joining a 10 team Superflex TE Premium league. There are two orphans that they are filling, so they are doing a dispersal draft with the two vacant team's players. This is an IDP league. Start 11 offensive players and 11 defensive players. My question is, when should I start drafting the IDP players in this dispersal draft? I think I will start taking one or two after the 2.02 (see below). Is that a good spot to start filling IDP roster spots? Get 8 offensive starters on my team first?

Thanks for the help!

Here are some of the top players/2024 picks available on offense:
Tua
Achane
Metcalf
Flowers
Deebo
Bryce Young
Rashee Rice
Watson
Rascaad White
Javonte Williams
Amari Cooper
Diontae Johnson
Mike Evans
Calvin Ridley
Will Levis
Monty
Josh Downs
Zach Charbonnet
Marquise Brown

Here are some of the top IDPs:
Roquan Smith LB
Nick Bolton LB
Fred Warner LB
Alex Highsmith DE
Rashan Gary DL
Montez Sweat DE
Dexter Lawrence DL
Devin Lloyd LB
Tremaine Edmonds LB
Devin White LB
Joey Bosa DL
Jonathan Allen DL
Trenton Simpson LB

IDP Scoring:

IDP TD
+6
Sack
+4
Tackle For Loss
+4
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG
+6
Interception
+6
Fumble Recovery
+2
Forced Fumble
+4
Safety
+10
Assisted Tackle
+0.75
Solo Tackle
+1.5
Pass Defended
+1.5
Team 1 - 12 Team SuperFlex TE Prem

QB: Lamar, A-Rich
RB: CMC, Swift, CEH, Dobbins :(
WR: Ceedee, Chase, A.J. Brown, K.J. Hamler, Van Jefferson
TE: Engram, Njoku, Logan Thomas

2024 Picks: 1.04, 3rd, 4th, 4th
2025 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 2 - 16 Team .5 PPR $200 Salary/Keeper League

QB: Allen ($46B) Fields ($15C)
RB: Brece Hall (15C), Kamara (55B), Montgomery ($15DE), Swift ($15BF)
WR: Ceedee ($20BF), Amon-Ra ($10C), Godwin ($6EF), Hollywood ($20CD), Bateman ($15C)
TE: Evan Engram ($1C), Isah Likely ($1B)

2024 Picks: 2nd (32nd pick), 3rd (48th pick)
2025 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Team 3 - 12 Team SuperFlex TE Prem

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Jimmy G
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Montgomery, Mattison, Dobbins :(
WR: Deebo, Aiyuk, Addison, Dotson, Diontae Johnson, Bateman
TE: Engram, Henry, Kraft, Likely

2024 Picks: 2024 1.04, 2.08, 5.08
2025 Picks: Two 2nds, Two 5ths
2026 Picks: 1st, Two 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 5th

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dispersal Draft Help - When To Take IDP Players

Postby abloom » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:43 am

So I don't play idp, nor can I tell you from the scoring the relative amount that idp will score vs offense. What I do know is that the value in IDP is how replaceable the starters are. Id take a look at both the free agents and the bench players in the league on the IDP side and compare that to the starters. If not huge differences I'd let IDP slide until you're getting more value there than offensive players.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:59 pm

Observations from a start 11 IDPer.

* This looks like what we call “big play” scoring as opposed to “tackle” scoring. This will change the value of IDPs vs. IOPs and even the positional values of the defensive players.

* In big play, ILBs are worth less than they are in tackle, where a good ILB racking up 100 tackles will often outscore your RB1s and WR2+’s. They’re still valuable but usually not quite as much as they are in “tackle”. Your top-end DEs and OLBs will often have 20+ point weeks in big play, and you will prolly lose some games when just a few of your opponent’s guys all tee off on the same week. Safeties are pretty valuable too and can often be flexed instead of a LB.

* DTs are usually worth the least out of all the positions, followed by CBs, especially the shut-down ones that shadow opposing #1 WRs. Unless the DTs are Aaron Donald types, avoid drafting and starting them if you don’t have positional requirements.

In our league, IDPs almost never warrant a 1st or 2nd round pick, unless you have freak beasts like Micah Parsons. Most guys taken that early are duds from a scoring perspective and may take several years to hit like a lot of TEs.

I’d start targeting defensive guys this year after you have at least 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 receivers, and a ‘startable’ TE or two, I don’t see any defensive playmakers having an early impact thus far.

The reason for this is simple: VORP is higher for offensive guys vs. the IDPs. A WW add at safety or LB may go and get you 10 tackles and have a great week; most guys that start will do something.

I will say that I have a great bias towards IOPs and only ever remember taking a guy within the first 4 rounds once (JJW). YMMV.
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🏆
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🏆

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:34 pm

Hammer offense, but depending on tackle or big-play weighted scoring those top 3 LBs could also be hugely productive. May mix one in around pick 7 or so.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:08 am

Black Adam wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:59 pm Observations from a start 11 IDPer.

* This looks like what we call “big play” scoring as opposed to “tackle” scoring. This will change the value of IDPs vs. IOPs and even the positional values of the defensive players.

* In big play, ILBs are worth less than they are in tackle, where a good ILB racking up 100 tackles will often outscore your RB1s and WR2+’s. They’re still valuable but usually not quite as much as they are in “tackle”. Your top-end DEs and OLBs will often have 20+ point weeks in big play, and you will prolly lose some games when just a few of your opponent’s guys all tee off on the same week. Safeties are pretty valuable too and can often be flexed instead of a LB.

* DTs are usually worth the least out of all the positions, followed by CBs, especially the shut-down ones that shadow opposing #1 WRs. Unless the DTs are Aaron Donald types, avoid drafting and starting them if you don’t have positional requirements.

In our league, IDPs almost never warrant a 1st or 2nd round pick, unless you have freak beasts like Micah Parsons. Most guys taken that early are duds from a scoring perspective and may take several years to hit like a lot of TEs.

I’d start targeting defensive guys this year after you have at least 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 receivers, and a ‘startable’ TE or two, I don’t see any defensive playmakers having an early impact thus far.

The reason for this is simple: VORP is higher for offensive guys vs. the IDPs. A WW add at safety or LB may go and get you 10 tackles and have a great week; most guys that start will do something.

I will say that I have a great bias towards IOPs and only ever remember taking a guy within the first 4 rounds once (JJW). YMMV.
This is a great cheat sheet on IDP. Even worth saving for owners to review when and if they ever get involved in IDP
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:39 am

Black Adam wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:59 pm Observations from a start 11 IDPer.

nicely done, I would look at the previous year scoring and see where the IDP rank to the offensive players. Most of The IDP leagues I play they score equally for the most part and a lot will depend on the player sin the draft and how you want to build it. win or build for future. good luck have fun , I start another one today .
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin