Absolute haul for JJ

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Absolute haul for JJ

Postby Menace2010 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:22 am

moishetreats wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:04 am
henry1jg wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:11 am
First off, your team is absolutely stacked. So making a consolidation offer like this isn't a biggie to you.

Second, if he's willing to offer now, he'd be willing to offer in two weeks.

To me, this is a trade you cannot make without knowing the landing spots. And that is solely because of Minnesota's QB situation. If they do in fact trade up and land one of the QBs, I would have no problem making this trade.

If Minnesota does not get the trade up that everyone assumes they will get, and they go into the season with Sam Darnold as their QB and a day two developmental QB, then you have some thinking to do. If HOFer Larry Fitzgerald could not continue his crazy run of uber elite production with castaway qbs, then I'm not sure JJ will either. I still think JJ flirts with top 10 WR production every year if he has poor QB play, but I do not think he is WR1 overall upside with bad QB play.

TL:DR; don't make any moves until after the draft. Too many variables to make an educated decision here
I see it much differently.

First, given the scoring format, I see real TE issues (depth in particular) and real QB issues (no top-line player).

Second, just because an offer is available now in now way guarantees it will be there at any other time. Maybe the other owner has offers to others teams? Maybe after the draft, if Minnesota gets a top QB, he'll want more for JJ -- or won't want to move him. Maybe... There are SO many variables. If you have a good/great offer now, take it. There's no presumption the other owner will simply wait and wait until you decide you're ready.
TE depth with both Kittle and Njoku? I recognize he doesn't have a top 5 QB, but Dak and Cousins is a great starting duo (at least short-term)... I'm in mostly 14-16 team leagues, perhaps that's clouding my judgment. But this team looks like a contender to me.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:29 am

Menace2010 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:22 am
TE depth with both Kittle and Njoku? I recognize he doesn't have a top 5 QB, but Dak and Cousins is a great starting duo (at least short-term)... I'm in mostly 14-16 team leagues, perhaps that's clouding my judgment. But this team looks like a contender to me.
Fair. I'm not high on Njoku at all.

As for QBs, I like that duo. I'm also not convinced either is elite.

I'm on board that the team is 100% a contending one. No doubt about it, IMO. I was responding to the comment that his team is fully stacked and therefore making a consolidation trade is ideal. As I also wrote in another post, I like making the trade for Jefferson on value (and figure out roster construction later). I just wouldn't do it because the team is stacked everywhere.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:15 pm

Just take the trade and move on to your next move I’m sure you could trade metcalf or Keenan or whoever to fill other positions of need you’re taking too long thinking about this. You add JJ to lamb and chase and you don’t have to worry about that position for 7-8 years and if you have to those guys will retain their value and you’ll always be able to trade one of them for help
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:46 am

Before doing this I'd see if you could move 1.01 + 1.10 + Geno/Russ for an elite QB (doubt it would be accepted but i'd be comfortable adding another +).

I think that adding a Mahomes/Allen/Hurts etc. would benefit your team more than adding JJ.

Assuming you start 4 or 5 WR's, I think the weekly difference between starting JJ v DJM/KA will be a lot lower than the difference between Cousins v Allen/Mahomes/Hurts.

If that isn't on the table then I would definitely take the JJ deal and not worry about your WR core for the best part of a decade.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Viking386
Starter
Starter

Postby Viking386 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:33 am

moishetreats wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:04 am
henry1jg wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:11 am
First off, your team is absolutely stacked. So making a consolidation offer like this isn't a biggie to you.

Second, if he's willing to offer now, he'd be willing to offer in two weeks.

To me, this is a trade you cannot make without knowing the landing spots. And that is solely because of Minnesota's QB situation. If they do in fact trade up and land one of the QBs, I would have no problem making this trade.

If Minnesota does not get the trade up that everyone assumes they will get, and they go into the season with Sam Darnold as their QB and a day two developmental QB, then you have some thinking to do. If HOFer Larry Fitzgerald could not continue his crazy run of uber elite production with castaway qbs, then I'm not sure JJ will either. I still think JJ flirts with top 10 WR production every year if he has poor QB play, but I do not think he is WR1 overall upside with bad QB play.

TL:DR; don't make any moves until after the draft. Too many variables to make an educated decision here
I see it much differently.

First, given the scoring format, I see real TE issues (depth in particular) and real QB issues (no top-line player).

Second, just because an offer is available now in now way guarantees it will be there at any other time. Maybe the other owner has offers to others teams? Maybe after the draft, if Minnesota gets a top QB, he'll want more for JJ -- or won't want to move him. Maybe... There are SO many variables. If you have a good/great offer now, take it. There's no presumption the other owner will simply wait and wait until you decide you're ready.
This
Main Home League
12 Team 1 QB PPR
-Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 Flex

QB: Anthony Richardson
RB: Nobody worth typing
WR: ARSB, Olave, Nico Collins, Tyquan Thornton, Marvin Mims, Tre Tucker, Bell, Austin,
TE: McBride and Dulcich

Draft Picks
-1.01, 1.07, 2 24 3rds and 4 24 4ths.
-4 25 1sts, 3 25 3rds and 3 25 4ths
-3 26 1sts, 2 26 2nds, 1 26 3rd, and1 26 4th

2022 Champions in full rebuild. Looking to contend again in 2025.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:52 am

What are the starting positions in this league? Sorry if I missed that somewhere but it’s pretty important here IMO. Assuming start at least 10, I’m surprised everyone is saying value is JJ side. Not saying I’m surprised like that side but to me the VALUE is comfortably on the 1.01 package side. 1.01 is a 1st round startup pick and getting 1.10 and 2.02 in a deep class on top (plus a future 2) swings the value to that side for me.

For your team - I think it’s hard to say without knowing the starting positions, but your team is so absurdly stacked you can certainly afford it. Anyone saying it’s not a contender is delusional or biased or blind or something.