New Offer, 1.08 for 25 1st

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: New Offer, 1.08 for 25 1st

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:32 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm If it’s actually early, this is a bad move imo. How certain are you that it’s early?
IDK. Take a look at my roster, what do you think?
I lost Cousins last year, and we do potential points for 7th-12th.
So I think I'm probably middle of the pack.

So if this team improves, it could be 24 1.08 for 2025 1.06 + 24 2.04.
1.08 is right where I see the drop-off this year, at about 1.09.

Thoughts?
Even if you project it at 1.06 next year, I still don’t like it. This seems like rookie fever to me.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:58 am

Crazy how much guessing there is on this one. Future first is a future first.. not the 1.6, 1.2, 1.12 or any other quantifiable indicator.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:05 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 pm It’s a bad deal. Easy pass.

It’s 8 picks up…
Yeah, as good as the top 8 looks, you’re basically throwing away the 2.04.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:42 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:19 am I would not do it for the early first without adding the 2md.
You're saying you wouldn't move the 1.08 for the 25 1st (early) without getting the 2.04? Yeah, that's where I'm a bit apart from the guy offering the pick. I'm going to try to see if he'll do it for a future 3rd instead of the 2.04.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:52 am

I’m sure it’s not what you want to hear but this is the cost of making this kind of move. The 2.04 is a little earlier than maybe it should be but nobody is moving a decent first this year for a random first next year without something that’s going to make it worth it. I do agree that moving back 8 spots is probably not worth it. It all depends on your tiers and how you see these prospects.

The drop from 1.08 to 2.04 could be multiple tiers and while someone can sit here and say they’ll get a great prospect at 2.04, yeah maybe, but the actual likelihood is that you miss by a mile. The odds of hitting get drastically worse from a pick like 1.08 to 2.04. However, this draft does have a pretty clear line of “top prospects” and the only reason 1.08 holds any real value right now is because everyone is trying to shoehorn McCarthy into the mix and I just don’t think he’s that guy. I’ve watched a ton of Michigan football. He did his job for that team and that’s about it. He’s not special. How will you feel if you make this move then the NFL draft comes and McCarthy doesn’t get drafted the way you think he will?

If you really want to make a deal like this, I would be sending the 25 1st and the 2.04 to the owners of 1.01-1.05 and stopping there. I’d give that package to get into that top 5 but nothing past that.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Najee, Dobbins, Chase Brown, Abanikanda
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.04, 3.06
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 pm

Gazzerk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:52 am I’m sure it’s not what you want to hear but this is the cost of making this kind of move. The 2.04 is a little earlier than maybe it should be but nobody is moving a decent first this year for a random first next year without something that’s going to make it worth it. I do agree that moving back 8 spots is probably not worth it. It all depends on your tiers and how you see these prospects.

The drop from 1.08 to 2.04 could be multiple tiers and while someone can sit here and say they’ll get a great prospect at 2.04, yeah maybe, but the actual likelihood is that you miss by a mile. The odds of hitting get drastically worse from a pick like 1.08 to 2.04. However, this draft does have a pretty clear line of “top prospects” and the only reason 1.08 holds any real value right now is because everyone is trying to shoehorn McCarthy into the mix and I just don’t think he’s that guy. I’ve watched a ton of Michigan football. He did his job for that team and that’s about it. He’s not special. How will you feel if you make this move then the NFL draft comes and McCarthy doesn’t get drafted the way you think he will?

If you really want to make a deal like this, I would be sending the 25 1st and the 2.04 to the owners of 1.01-1.05 and stopping there. I’d give that package to get into that top 5 but nothing past that.
Jj made some of best throws I’ve seen in college football last year. quantity wasn’t there, but upside is huge and real imo. And I think we’ll see the nfl agrees by giving him solid draft capital. If they don’t, I’d change my mind.

Regardless, no one is sending 1.01-1.05 SF pick this year for a future 1st and 2.04.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:49 pm

Gazzerk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:52 am I’m sure it’s not what you want to hear but this is the cost of making this kind of move. The 2.04 is a little earlier than maybe it should be but nobody is moving a decent first this year for a random first next year without something that’s going to make it worth it. I do agree that moving back 8 spots is probably not worth it. It all depends on your tiers and how you see these prospects.

Agree. If I was going to give up the 2.04 I'd want higher than 1.08. 4-5 range. And since I need a lot of players I may be better off just staying where I am. Whatever my pick is next year—1.02, 1.04, 1.06—there will be good players there IMO.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Tyrober
Captain
Captain

Postby Tyrober » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:43 pm

Do not get cute giving up good picks for the 1.08. Be patient

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 pm

Tyrober wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:43 pm Do not get cute giving up good picks for the 1.08. Be patient
Yeah, there are like 7-8 guys I REALLY like in this draft. I was willing to do it for 25 1st, and a BIT more but not the 2.04. This year I feel like there are a LOT of guys (6 QBs, 10-15 WRs, a few TEs) that I really like. I was hoping I could get a top 8 pick this year for just a 25 1st, but no luck. You never know. This league they are pretty savvy. Some of my leagues, there are some guys that really don't pay attention or care that much LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:29 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 pm I was hoping I could get a top 8 pick this year for just a 25 1st, but no luck. You never know.
We told you nobody was moving out of the 1.08 this year for a 2025 1st. :snooty:
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:51 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 pm

Jj made some of best throws I’ve seen in college football last year. quantity wasn’t there, but upside is huge and real imo. And I think we’ll see the nfl agrees by giving him solid draft capital. If they don’t, I’d change my mind.

Regardless, no one is sending 1.01-1.05 SF pick this year for a future 1st and 2.04.
He definitely made good throws. I don’t mean to say he is bad. I just don’t know if he’s special or has the upside that the other 3 have. Kenny Pickett made some unbelievable throws and yet here we are. I like McCarthy and I hope he gets good draft capital. I just don’t think he’s worth sending this kind of package to gain access to drafting him. Maybe after draft day he will be.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Najee, Dobbins, Chase Brown, Abanikanda
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.04, 3.06
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:23 pm

Black Adam wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:29 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 pm I was hoping I could get a top 8 pick this year for just a 25 1st, but no luck. You never know.
We told you nobody was moving out of the 1.08 this year for a 2025 1st. :snooty:
Hey, nothing wrong with taking a shot, right? It only takes one. I traded the 1.08 pick three years ago for Kelce straight up. You never know how somebody values a player or pick until you make the offer.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:22 am

Gazzerk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:51 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 pm

He definitely made good throws. I don’t mean to say he is bad. I just don’t know if he’s special or has the upside that the other 3 have. Kenny Pickett made some unbelievable throws and yet here we are. I like McCarthy and I hope he gets good draft capital. I just don’t think he’s worth sending this kind of package to gain access to drafting him. Maybe after draft day he will be.
I think he’s special, and wins lots of games, but I can’t say for sure yet. Could very easily turn out that I’m wrong and you’re right and he’s not elite. I’m with ya on the trade tho, I wouldn’t send this for that either

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:27 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:58 am Crazy how much guessing there is on this one. Future first is a future first.. not the 1.6, 1.2, 1.12 or any other quantifiable indicator.
So all 2025 1sts are equal value to you? The stacked win now team and the bad rebuild team’s first are worth the same if you are trading for them? Not necessarily saying that’s a wrong approach but I for sure factor in team strength (and assets to turn a team into win now) when evaluating a next year first. Obviously it’s projection nobody is saying it’s the 1.02.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:45 am

Mtt33 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:27 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:58 am Crazy how much guessing there is on this one. Future first is a future first.. not the 1.6, 1.2, 1.12 or any other quantifiable indicator.
So all 2025 1sts are equal value to you? The stacked win now team and the bad rebuild team’s first are worth the same if you are trading for them? Not necessarily saying that’s a wrong approach but I for sure factor in team strength (and assets to turn a team into win now) when evaluating a next year first. Obviously it’s projection nobody is saying it’s the 1.02.
Of course, when a team is obviously poor or obviously strong then there can be indicators there. But most teams look OK on paper w the depth of role players greater now than ever. Wouldn’t make wholesale moves based on the projection.