IDP Priorities

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

IDP Priorities

Postby tdster17 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:31 pm

Hey all!
I'm in the middle of an IDP draft of sorts, and I'm struggling to identify later round targets between IDP and offensive players. I'm just going to list some of the available players from all positions, and let me know who you all would be targeting at this point. Thanks everyone!

RB: Keaton Mitchell, Jaleel McLaughlin, Antonio Gibson, Ty Chandler, Chuba Hubbard
WR: Demario Douglas, Dontayvion Wicks, Michael Wilson, Tyler Boyd, Tyler Lockett
TE: Chig Okonkwo
DT: Kenny Clark, Harrison Phillips, Ed Oliver, Osa Odighizuwa
DE: Karlaftis, Kahlil Mack, Jonathan Greenard, Carl Granderson, Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, Byron Young
LB, Kaden Ellis, Jahlani Tavai, Daiyan Henley
CB: Jaire Alexander, Keisan Nixon, Tariq Woolen, Trevon Diggs, Rasull Douglas
S: Justin Reid, Jordan Whitehead, Kyle Dugger, Justin Simmons, Jordan Poyer, Amani Hooker, Kevin Byard

There ya'll go, let me know who sticks out to you!
Team1 (1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-2Flex) 10team 0.5 PPR
QB-Hurts, Tua

RB- Mixon, Javonte Williams, Barkley, Breece Hall, J. Cook, Henry, Mattison, R. Johnson, I. Abanikanda, McKinnon, Dobbins

WR- AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Kupp, Metcalf, D. Smith, B. Cooks, G. Davis, E. Moore, J. Reed

TE- Hockenson, Chig Okonkwo

Picks-2024 1.08, 2.04, 3.03, 3.05, 2025 1st, 2026 1st&3rdx2

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: IDP Priorities

Postby Menace2010 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:47 pm

One of the RBs for me. None of those IDPs jump out as must adds/drafts.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm

depends on scoring and starting requirements. some good DEs in there.

tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdster17 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm depends on scoring and starting requirements. some good DEs in there.
Funny enough you actually already interpreted the scoring settings in a previous post. I'll quote what you said below, but summed up you basically concluded that the scoring was a bit tackle heavy and should favor LBs, and DEs.

"i'm not a big fan of tiered scoring, but it seems more geared towards tackles (even assuming that sac and TFL stack).
even with scoring bumps that other positions get, LBs still seem the best choice for the multiple flex spots you have.

first of all, i would like to finish the draft with a couple of good DEs: between sacks and tackles they should be comparable in scoring to LBs, although maybe a bit more boom or bust. as for DT, probably best avoiding the big names and settle for someone more up and coming (like kobie turner and the likes) or older guys (kenny clark?). probably best looking at the ones that are use against the run and get a lot (relatively) tackles.
LBs will probably contribute heavily to your weekly score and with 14 teams and starting up to 7, there might be some scarcity. i still wouldn't pay top price compared to offense, but i'd want two or three very solid (opportunity AND skill) LBs. don't be afraid to draft older guys like lavonte david, demario davis etc: LB has a lot o turnover year-to-year and paying attention to snap count and waivers, you should be able to replenish your IDP depth relatively easily.
safeties should be another position that gives steady scoring. don't mind CB too much, there's tons of them and they are very up and down week to week.

that said, unless you get a proper stud DE (or maybe LB) dropping a lot, you should focus on offense first, and leave IDP for later: the IDP player pool is twice as big and as said earlier, the landscape changes quicker than on offense. by experience, the top IDP studs are overdrafted all the time, while the second and third tier are undervalued (because those that spent high picks on IDP now need offense and let the rashaan garys and alex highsmits slip a lot)."
QB-Hurts, Tua

RB- Mixon, Javonte Williams, Barkley, Breece Hall, J. Cook, Henry, Mattison, R. Johnson, I. Abanikanda, McKinnon, Dobbins

WR- AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Kupp, Metcalf, D. Smith, B. Cooks, G. Davis, E. Moore, J. Reed

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:45 pm

There are DEs available on the waiver wire every year. I literally picked up Carl Granderson in 3x leagues just before last season kicked off. I traded for Gary in another league, and barely used him because I'd added other better options off waivers. None of those IDPs are in an elite enough tier that I'd take them over an OP with upside.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:45 am

tdster17 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm
killer_of_giants wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm depends on scoring and starting requirements. some good DEs in there.
Funny enough you actually already interpreted the scoring settings in a previous post.
ahah, yeah, i remember. the LB-heavy league.

i'd go with mitchell, wilson, douglas, mclaughlin (at least) before D. but (also depending on your team so far) i'd like one of greenard, gary, sweat or even granderson since it's tackle-heavy. and mack is likely to slip because of age and would be a good add (i doubt he scores as much as he did, but he should still put up some good points).

LB is garbage already, CB best left for last, still some serviceable safeties. DT will likely be a crapshoot.

Menace2010 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:45 pm There are DEs available on the waiver wire every year.
more than RB and WR? for sure. much less than other IDP positions? also for sure (although in this specific league LB might actually be more scarce). granderson wasn't available in my leagues last off-season.

tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdster17 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:08 am

Thanks all, these have been extremely helpful!
QB-Hurts, Tua

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:10 am

My top 10 from this list:
1 Chuba Hubbard
2 Montez Sweat
3 Dontayvion Wicks
4 Carl Granderson
5 Michael Wilson
6 Tyler Boyd
7 Antonio Gibson
8 Khalil Mack
9 Chig Okonkwo
10 Keaton Mitchell

CBs are the easiest to replace. Some of the safeties are ok but I might wait a little there.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02