Levis value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Re: Levis value

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:01 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 am
Anteaters wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:39 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:04 amD Jones, Mac Jones, and Fields are not good comparisons because we had an extra year of sample size to know what they were. The rest seem like reasonable comparisons. The suggestions of late 2nds and 3rds look completely ludicrous to me. I guess these are leagues that don’t value QB very much. I do play in mostly true 2QB leagues rather than SF, so I guess that might make a difference. I’m far from convinced Levis is going to cut it long term, but I’d rather roll the dice that he does than take the blindfolded dart throw in the 3rd. Typically players drafted in the 3rd have no better chance to succeed than Levis does, and many of them have far less potential upside if they do.
I guess I might appear to be too harsh on Levis. If I rostered him, I'd be happy to hold and see. You're right that on the minor chance Levis sticks, he will be worth at least a late 1st. That's a good value, if he sticks, and buying that lottery ticket is worth a 2nd for some managers.

But if I had three NFL starting QBs on my roster, I'd rather take a chance on finding the next Tank Dell than trade a mid 2nd for Levis.
Levis or Bryce Young?
Bryce Young for me.

Deshaun Watson also happens to be in this range, and I take Deshaun or BY over Levis.
I still feel like Levis is worth a late 1st though.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:30 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:04 amD Jones, Mac Jones, and Fields are not good comparisons because we had an extra year of sample size to know what they were. The rest seem like reasonable comparisons. The suggestions of late 2nds and 3rds look completely ludicrous to me. I guess these are leagues that don’t value QB very much. I do play in mostly true 2QB leagues rather than SF, so I guess that might make a difference. I’m far from convinced Levis is going to cut it long term, but I’d rather roll the dice that he does than take the blindfolded dart throw in the 3rd. Typically players drafted in the 3rd have no better chance to succeed than Levis does, and many of them have far less potential upside if they do.
I guess I might appear to be too harsh on Levis. If I rostered him, I'd be happy to hold and see. You're right that on the minor chance Levis sticks, he will be worth at least a late 1st. That's a good value, if he sticks, and buying that lottery ticket is worth a 2nd for some managers.

But if I had three NFL starting QBs on my roster, I'd rather take a chance on finding the next Tank Dell than trade a mid 2nd for Levis.
Levis or Bryce Young?
Young has a better chance to be a starter for longer. Levi’s’ upside is much higher if he hits, but he is less likely to do so.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:42 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:30 am

Levis or Bryce Young?
Young has a better chance to be a starter for longer. Levi’s’ upside is much higher if he hits, but he is less likely to do so.
CAR is 100% invested in Young. They will have to see this out to the rookie contract. Levis is unique and I hope he hits
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:44 am

TheTroll wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:42 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:30 am

Levis or Bryce Young?
CAR is 100% invested in Young. They will have to see this out to the rookie contract. Levis is unique and I hope he hits
I agree. BY will survive at least one more coach firing. He's already gotten one canned. They'll stick with him at least through another!