Valuing the Packers WR trio?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Valuing the Packers WR trio?

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:31 pm

I think reed has the most buzz but they’re all sort of like 2nd rounders in my mind. Get in at the lowest priced piece.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:41 am

I'm out on all of them. It's an NFL dream and FF nightmare. Love is the way to get a piece of the GBP passing game.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:59 am

These guys are Best-Ball only guys - MAYBE one guy will come out on top (i'm hoping Watson) but way too inconsistent week-to-week to definitively put a true value on nay of them atm.

I would target all of them mid-rounds of a Best-Ball start up, else I would probably steer clear.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:05 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:55 pm
Paul717 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:45 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 am Each get 800 and 5
It was an interesting spread of yards last year for the Packers. NINE players with > 200 yards, most of whom are expected to be on the roster again in 2024.

An interesting question I would have for the 2024 Packers: Is that sustainable?

Meaning, can a team throw for > 4,000 yards in consecutive seasons, without any 1 player exceeding say 800 yards?

I wouldn't know how to check for such a thing on PFF, nor am I a paid subscriber. (Maybe someone like DD can help?) But I'd have to think consecutive 4,000 yard seasons by a QB would USUALLY contain some sort of stand out guy?

That's a long winded way of saying: All these Packers WRs have a lot to like as is. If one of them can "pop off", that would be really cool and the trick will be guessing which one does it, if any.

My bet would be Reed FWIW, if I had to pick one. But I think it is within the realm of possibility, as SG posted above, that multiple players end up in a cluster that might make this WR room perhaps better suited for best ball type leagues.

It will be fun to watch either way!
I wrote out a ton of team situations in my rookie wr report thread and I wrote down the top receivers for each team and also wrote down how many team passing yards (not for every team but I was going over the team situations of players who became a stud even though they had less than 47ypg as a rookie). You can go through the thread or I’ll try to check and see. It will be annoying to find but the info is in the thread somewhere

------------------------
Edit. Here is some viewtopic.php?p=2221859#p2221859

I feel like i remember charting many more but can’t find it. Maybe it’s on my PC somewhere, I’ll check later.

edit edit: looked on pc, the one below is the only example i could find of a nearly 4k yard passer with less than 1k yard receivers.
--------------------------

Laveranues Coles
3rd round draft pick
13 games played, 3 games started
28.5 ypg

3924 Passing Yards
Vinny Testaverde 590 attempts [14th year]
Ray Lucas 41 attempts [5th year]

1471 Rushing Yards
Curtis Martin 1204 rushing yards

3924 Receiving Yards
Wayne Chrebet 937 receiving yards
Richie Anderson (FB) 853 receiving yards
Dedric Ward 801 receiving yards
Curtis Martin (RB) 508 receiving yards
Thanks DD! That's super interesting information.

I think my question was poorly worded, and certainly out of place in a thread about a trio of WRs that include rookies.

But I'd be curious to know about some broader historical stats, rookies or not. Perhaps the question would be better phrased as one of:
  • Has a QB ever had consecutive 4,000 yard seasons WITHOUT having a 1,000 yard receiver in either season?
      Or, for QBs with consecutive 4,000 yard seasons, what was the lowest receiving leader in either season?
    Clearly I've hijacked this thread, and apologies for that. The concern / theory some of us seem to be expressing (and poorly perhaps, on my part) is that it will be tough for Jordan Love to duplicate his 2023 season without a WR stepping up more so than anyone on the Packers did last year.

I'm guessing there have been "some" consecutive 4,000 yard passing seasons without a 1,000 yard receiver, but not "many" of them. I don't know, maybe a couple of times Brady did it?

EDIT: I found a site but don't have access to all the data:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/qbs-to ... d-receiver

It's not a perfect data set though. In one of the Warren Moon consecutive seasons, he did have a 1,000 yard season. So...I'm still stuck a bit.
    "Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
    QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
    RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
    WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
    TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
    K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
    Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
    2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: