Postby jordanzs » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Dowdle back with the cowboys.

Josh Dobbs to the Niners

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2024 Free Agency

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:18 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:21 am Given that it seems unlikely that Chicago will get the 4th rounder in the Fields deal, you can make an argument that Pickett netted more. I'm shocked that Fields is worth this little. If this is the way the NFL sees him (and obviously it is), the debate a month or two ago that maybe they should trade the 1.01 and build around Fields was ridiculous.

Although I don't have any Fields shares, I would have bet good money that he'd be a starter on opening day. Given the situation and the small investment it's possible he's never an NFL starter again. Obviously his dynasty value has cratered and there are really no comps I can think of to put a price on him. Belongs on the WW in 1QB. Has to be rostered in SF but yuck.
Pickett netted more because he is cheaper & under control for two years versus Fields one cheap year plus a 5th year option decision due in May. No way by May are you picking up the $25 mil 5th year option. Bears missed their window to get more before Free Agency and teams were able to fill their QB spots. Never were going to get multiple higher picks but a 3rd plus seemed a legit ask. Best case now is a 4th .

As awkward as it may have been the Bears should have just held onto Fields and wait for an injury to a team’s starter or failure in camp by a Stidham , Levis or Wilson to impress. Hell even Daniel Jones is no lock coming off injury. Guess Bears GM was looking out for Fields putting him in the best opportunity to win the starting job long term as Russ is only on a one year deal. Arthur Smith is about the best bet for a running QB as coordinator.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:18 pm
tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:21 am Given that it seems unlikely that Chicago will get the 4th rounder in the Fields deal, you can make an argument that Pickett netted more. I'm shocked that Fields is worth this little. If this is the way the NFL sees him (and obviously it is), the debate a month or two ago that maybe they should trade the 1.01 and build around Fields was ridiculous.

Although I don't have any Fields shares, I would have bet good money that he'd be a starter on opening day. Given the situation and the small investment it's possible he's never an NFL starter again. Obviously his dynasty value has cratered and there are really no comps I can think of to put a price on him. Belongs on the WW in 1QB. Has to be rostered in SF but yuck.
Pickett netted more because he is cheaper & under control for two years versus Fields one cheap year plus a 5th year option decision due in May. No way by May are you picking up the $25 mil 5th year option. Bears missed their window to get more before Free Agency and teams were able to fill their QB spots. Never were going to get multiple higher picks but a 3rd plus seemed a legit ask. Best case now is a 4th .

As awkward as it may have been the Bears should have just held onto Fields and wait for an injury to a team’s starter or failure in camp by a Stidham , Levis or Wilson to impress. Hell even Daniel Jones is no lock coming off injury. Guess Bears GM was looking out for Fields putting him in the best opportunity to win the starting job long term as Russ is only on a one year deal. Arthur Smith is about the best bet for a running QB as coordinator.
I’d agree with all sentiments above, sounds crazy but it has been a roller coaster ride which is rare. You can’t compare Fields success due to W-L but you also can’t compare him to a failure due to his stats (in limited form). We all know what a true bland backup brings. JF is nothing like them. His upside and spark separates him from a backup only talent. There are a lot of uninvested haters who just love the fact JF and the Bears had to basically give him away from close to the 1st value he was drafted which is fine. Bears moved on due to many circumstances that are logical that most clubs will never have the opportunity to have happen. The did right by fields and I hope he flourishes in PIT. The kid has a new life and chance to prove himself.

Yes I’m a bears fan and wanted him to succeed but all the tea leaves suggest the right decision was made.

If you are in a 1QB and hold fields, hold him as along as you can. The QB6 in 2023 deserves it. If you want to drop or sell him low, go for it however be prepared to have JF start against you soon enough and from a fantasy perspective that’s all that matters in this forum.

This is truly a unique event. Let the haters hate but he’s fantasy special and still holds major value as apposed to standard backup QB talent that we discuss year after year.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:28 pm

TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm I’d agree with all sentiments above, sounds crazy but it has been a roller coaster ride which is rare. You can’t compare Fields success due to W-L but you also can’t compare him to a failure due to his stats (in limited form). We all know what a true bland backup brings. JF is nothing like them. His upside and spark separates him from a backup only talent. There are a lot of uninvested haters who just love the fact JF and the Bears had to basically give him away from close to the 1st value he was drafted which is fine. Bears moved on due to many circumstances that are logical that most clubs will never have the opportunity to have happen. The did right by fields and I hope he flourishes in PIT. The kid has a new life and chance to prove himself.

Yes I’m a bears fan and wanted him to succeed but all the tea leaves suggest the right decision was made.

If you are in a 1QB and hold fields, hold him as along as you can. The QB6 in 2023 deserves it. If you want to drop or sell him low, go for it however be prepared to have JF start against you soon enough and from a fantasy perspective that’s all that matters in this forum.

This is truly a unique event. Let the haters hate but he’s fantasy special and still holds major value as apposed to standard backup QB talent that we discuss year after year.
It sounds like you’re saying everyone is biased against Fields because they don’t own him. I think the fact that you both own him and are a Bears fan so were emotionally invested in him brings more bias.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:32 pm

The Bears were probably afraid Fields would serve as a mentor to Williams and were willing to take a 6th to avoid it.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:39 pm

You don't want Fields on the team as a backup. Makes if confusing for Williams and Fields. It would be so awkward in so many ways.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:28 pm
TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm I’d agree with all sentiments above, sounds crazy but it has been a roller coaster ride which is rare. You can’t compare Fields success due to W-L but you also can’t compare him to a failure due to his stats (in limited form). We all know what a true bland backup brings. JF is nothing like them. His upside and spark separates him from a backup only talent. There are a lot of uninvested haters who just love the fact JF and the Bears had to basically give him away from close to the 1st value he was drafted which is fine. Bears moved on due to many circumstances that are logical that most clubs will never have the opportunity to have happen. The did right by fields and I hope he flourishes in PIT. The kid has a new life and chance to prove himself.

It sounds like you’re saying everyone is biased against Fields because they don’t own him. I think the fact that you both own him and are a Bears fan so were emotionally invested in him brings more bias.
Yes I have a share of him and yes I’m a life long Bears fan. I can separate/balance my fandom and FF though. Thats the fun part of this game. It’s great if it works out where you can have both. I don’t fault anyone for owning him or not. Let me ask a question: what QB (or any player) was QB6 and next season was a back up or irrelevant? Fields was exciting in 2023.

I hope he does well moving forward. His story isn’t written yet past the first couple of chapters.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Yes I have a share of him and yes I’m a life long Bears fan. I can separate/balance my fandom and FF though. Thats the fun part of this game. It’s great if it works out where you can have both. I don’t fault anyone for owning him or not. Let me ask a question: what QB (or any player) was QB6 and next season was a back up or irrelevant? Fields was exciting in 2023.

I hope he does well moving forward. His story isn’t written yet past the first couple of chapters.
Maybe not exact, but Tim Tebow was probably pretty close.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm
TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm
Let me ask a question: what QB (or any player) was QB6 and next season was a back up or irrelevant?
Jameis Winston was QB 2 or 3 in 2019 and a backup the next season and has been mostly irrelevant since then.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 am

I gotta stop clicking on the Bears thread

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 am I gotta stop clicking on the Bears thread
:lol:
I'm glad it's active but I don't usually go there ... but I don't hate it. It's not not for me, cause I'm not a Bears fan, but it's amusing to see fandom run amok.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:55 am I gotta stop clicking on the Bears thread
I'm glad it's active but I don't usually go there ... but I don't hate it. It's not not for me, cause I'm not a Bears fan, but it's amusing to see fandom run amok.
Was just a joke that this is turning into the Bears thread all over.

Bottom line: Fields was good for fantasy because of rushing. However, you need to be a starting QB to put up stats. I don't see him as a future starter

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am
Was just a joke that this is turning into the Bears thread all over.

Bottom line: Fields was good for fantasy because of rushing. However, you need to be a starting QB to put up stats. I don't see him as a future starter
Oops
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:16 am

So much discussion over a pick that's been obvious for 3 years now.

And then there's literally 3 threads discussing who they'll draft at 9.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:46 pm Dowdle back with the cowboys.

Josh Dobbs to the Niners
Anyone think Rico can stick as the starter for the boys?