Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:28 pm

So much for multiple 1sts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:32 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:28 pm So much for multiple 1sts
LOL IDK who thought that. I never thought that. I thought maybe a 2nd could happen, now it feels like a 3rd plus maybe a later pick and a conditional 25. Denver still doesn't have a QB and aren't in position to move up and get one. Stidham isn't going to start. That could still happen.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:36 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:32 pm
LOL IDK who thought that. I never thought that. I thought maybe a 2nd could happen, now it feels like a 3rd plus maybe a later pick and a conditional 25. Denver still doesn't have a QB and aren't in position to move up and get one. Stidham isn't going to start. That could still happen.
It could happen, but I really don't think it's a fit with Payton. Part of the reason he detested Russ so much was that Russ wanted to play off script all the time. Payton wants a QB who makes quick reads/decisions and gets the ball out. He doesn't want a QB who takes off running when they don't know where to go with the ball or the play breaks down (because the QB didn't get the ball out earlier!).

I just don't see Fields as a guy Payton wants in the building. Not for the style of play he coaches.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:42 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:36 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:32 pm
It could happen, but I really don't think it's a fit with Payton. Part of the reason he detested Russ so much was that Russ wanted to play off script all the time. Payton wants a QB who makes quick reads/decisions and gets the ball out. He doesn't want a QB who takes off running when they don't know where to go with the ball or the play breaks down (because the QB didn't get the ball out earlier!).

I just don't see Fields as a guy Payton wants in the building. Not for the style of play he coaches.
Good points, I was thinking more teams that need QBS not the style of play. But you're not wrong.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm

The delusion/hopium is never ending.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:42 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm The delusion/hopium is never ending.
I don't see much delusion here. Bears asked for too much, the spots are filling, they are running out of places to trade him, he may not even be a starter, picks may be a 3rd (not 1st or 2nd). That's my take. That's not very delusional. I think they'll get SOMETHING, but we all overestimated his value.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:42 pm
Lumps wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm The delusion/hopium is never ending.
I don't see much delusion here. Bears asked for too much, the spots are filling, they are running out of places to trade him, he may not even be a starter, picks may be a 3rd (not 1st or 2nd). That's my take. That's not very delusional. I think they'll get SOMETHING, but we all overestimated his value.
I'd tell you to look at the the recent trades that including QBs and how much they have to be paid/years remaining on their contracts. Compare that to how much Fields has to be paid, then another contract.

The delusion is that it's always "Oh now it's gonna be _____." Broncos? Who are eating dead cap from Russell? That lost all those picks and have a depleted team because of Russell? That just got rid of TONS of players? They are now gonna give up draft picks and pay Fields? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ridder is about as useful to an NFL team as Fields. He got traded for Rondale Moore.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:28 pm

Good points about contract and money.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:10 pm

I think the bears best option is to keep fields and trade pick 1 to the Vikings 😄

Imagine the team they could surround fields with…

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Congrats on your new #2 WR Beahz nation.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:10 pm I think the bears best option is to keep fields and trade pick 1 to the Vikings 😄

Imagine the team they could surround fields with…
They’re starting!! :D Keenan to the rescue.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

mild wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm Congrats on your new #2 WR Beahz nation.
Good get for a 4th. Don't like it for fantasy

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 pm

Wow. So QJ is the default number 1 in LA now? 😆
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:43 pm

Allen is a player. But he is a bit long in the tooth. Still better then what you would find in the fourth
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:01 pm

81- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:43 pm Allen is a player. But he is a bit long in the tooth. Still better then what you would find in the fourth
Good 1 year rental to see what Fields is really about.