Unattractive RB buys

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Unattractive RB buys

Postby JoeJoe88 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 am

mild wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:06 pm
JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 pm Kyren Williams has to be considering a decent winner at this point. I know some people still aren’t sold but he’s dodged essentially all of the guys now in free agency you’d be worried landing with the Rams at this point. They’ve also beefed up that OL.
Whose not sold on 2023's RB4?

He's a beast, and perfect for that system. He'd belong in the "attractive RB buys" thread imo :lol:
Matt Kelly(aka The Pod Father) from Player Profiler, for one. Granted, it’s hard to distinguish his legitimate takes from his hot-takey I’m just doing this for clicks takes a lot of the time.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:18 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 pm Kyren Williams has to be considering a decent winner at this point. I know some people still aren’t sold but he’s dodged essentially all of the guys now in free agency you’d be worried landing with the Rams at this point. They’ve also beefed up that OL.

He's a beast, and perfect for that system. He'd belong in the "attractive RB buys" thread imo :lol:
Matt Kelly(aka The Pod Father) from Player Profiler, for one. Granted, it’s hard to distinguish his legitimate takes from his hot-takey I’m just doing this for clicks takes a lot of the time.
Yeah, I don’t listen to him much anymore for that reason. At least half his stuff is for clicks.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am

I think Ekeler is likely a great buy in PPR leagues. Not a RB1 by any stretch but I think he's likely to get a ton of targets from a rookie QB.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:32 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:18 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 am

Yeah, I don’t listen to him much anymore for that reason. At least half his stuff is for clicks.
I gave up when all their videos became hourly fluff pieces. Their website is very slow at updating as well and I 2nd guess half the data they even do put out (have found various incorrect breakout ages and measurements)

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:30 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am I think Ekeler is likely a great buy in PPR leagues. Not a RB1 by any stretch but I think he's likely to get a ton of targets from a rookie QB.
I think he will be marginally better than Gibson was. Still certainly a RB3 and decent bye week filler (assuming Robinson doesn’t get hurt).
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

I'm the One Who Knox
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby I'm the One Who Knox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:15 pm

What's the most you'd pay for Mostert right now? That was a magical season he won't come close to repeating, but he does have value for contenders in '24. Was offered the 2.09 in a 1QB 10-team, and uh... I kind of like it!

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm

Anything to see on Gibson to NE as a cheap ppr add?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm

I'm the One Who Knox wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:15 pm What's the most you'd pay for Mostert right now? That was a magical season he won't come close to repeating, but he does have value for contenders in '24. Was offered the 2.09 in a 1QB 10-team, and uh... I kind of like it!
Tried to move him to the Achane owner for a 2.04 or 2.05, adding on a lower WR as well, and. no dice. KTC has him as a late 2nd round pick. So 2.09 is about right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:15 pm

I'm the One Who Knox wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:15 pm What's the most you'd pay for Mostert right now? That was a magical season he won't come close to repeating, but he does have value for contenders in '24. Was offered the 2.09 in a 1QB 10-team, and uh... I kind of like it!
Late 2nd in a 1QB I think I’d rather just hold if you have any chance at competing.

If it’s a rebuild I’d probably take it cause it’s probably the best you’ll get from this point forward.

I recently turned down an offer of Mims for Mostert

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm Anything to see on Gibson to NE as a cheap ppr add?
Very under the radar sneaky play IMO. OC Van Pelt is a run-first coach and would most probably like to see around 500 rushing attempts this coming season, most especially given the likelihood of a rookie QB under center.

Stevenson is the top RB on the depth chart, but he’s never had more than 210 carries or more than 13 rush attempts per game in any of his 3 seasons. Kevin Harris is 3rd on the depth chart, but despite the love some had for him he’s spent his 2 years trying to stay off the practice squad.

Beside likely drafting a QB, NE is likely to burn multiple draft picks on O line and multiple picks at WR - both need serious upgrading - plus needing help at LB, so drafting a RB with a higher pick doesn’t look likely.

That leaves a lot of potential opportunity for Gibson, who like Stevenson is also a plus in the passing game. Getting 250 touches is not out of the question and 200 touches seems like a pretty good bet. He’s finally out from under Rivera’s thumb, which is not a bad thing given that Rivera seemed to have no clue how to access Gibson’s strengths.

Seems like there’s some reasonably expected upside for a guy you can probably acquire for a decent price. A mid to high 3rd round pick might be a good opener to start discussions.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:32 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:25 pm Anything to see on Gibson to NE as a cheap ppr add?
Very under the radar sneaky play IMO. OC Van Pelt is a run-first coach and would most probably like to see around 500 rushing attempts this coming season, most especially given the likelihood of a rookie QB under center.

Stevenson is the top RB on the depth chart, but he’s never had more than 210 carries or more than 13 rush attempts per game in any of his 3 seasons. Kevin Harris is 3rd on the depth chart, but despite the love some had for him he’s spent his 2 years trying to stay off the practice squad.

Beside likely drafting a QB, NE is likely to burn multiple draft picks on O line and multiple picks at WR - both need serious upgrading - plus needing help at LB, so drafting a RB with a higher pick doesn’t look likely.

That leaves a lot of potential opportunity for Gibson, who like Stevenson is also a plus in the passing game. Getting 250 touches is not out of the question and 200 touches seems like a pretty good bet. He’s finally out from under Rivera’s thumb, which is not a bad thing given that Rivera seemed to have no clue how to access Gibson’s strengths.

Seems like there’s some reasonably expected upside for a guy you can probably acquire for a decent price. A mid to high 3rd round pick might be a good opener to start discussions.
This is what I needed to hear BB! I was going toss out moving down from 1.14 to 1.15 + a 25 late pick and see what happens. The Gibson owner is a full rebuild and has likely soured on him.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:30 am

Late to the party but I love this type of topic. A bunch will likely change post draft but I think the following are buys depending on cost:

Category 1: confident that draft won't change this:
Kamara
Mostert (could be category 3 see below)
Charbs

Category 2: team will likely add a RB in the draft that will cut into production
Gus Bus
Conner

Category 3: players that will likely still perform well enough even though they will be the #2:
Monty

Again really just depends on the cost to acquire but I think these are some undervalued players that will produce and have shown production in the past.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 am

abloom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:30 am Late to the party but I love this type of topic. A bunch will likely change post draft but I think the following are buys depending on cost:

Kamara
Charbs

Category 2: team will likely add a RB in the draft that will cut into production
Gus Bus
Conner

Category 3: players that will likely still perform well enough even though they will be the #2:
Monty

Again really just depends on the cost to acquire but I think these are some undervalued players that will produce and have shown production in the past.
Yeah I'm a contender in a league where I feel gross rostering Conner given his age and the likely relative drop in value post draft, but also can't see moving him for the likely return since I'm trying to actually win games next season lol.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 am

Menace2010 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 am
abloom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:30 am Late to the party but I love this type of topic. A bunch will likely change post draft but I think the following are buys depending on cost:

Kamara
Charbs

Gus Bus
Conner

Monty

Yeah I'm a contender in a league where I feel gross rostering Conner given his age and the likely relative drop in value post draft, but also can't see moving him for the likely return since I'm trying to actually win games next season lol.
I'm not selling Conner. I'll accept the downside. Every time I bet against him, I'm wrong.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 am
Menace2010 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:34 am

Kamara
Charbs

Gus Bus
Conner

Monty

I'm not selling Conner. I'll accept the downside. Every time I bet against him, I'm wrong.
Right? I tend to hold RBs until the wheels fall off. I've sent out many offers to move Conner, Mostert, Gus, etc. and nobody is willing to give me much of anything. If I can get a decent rookie pick, cool. If not, I'll just hold.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble