Where does Justin Jefferson play 2025?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where does Justin Jefferson play 2025?

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:03 am

JJ is currently set to play the 2024 season on his 5th year option. With Vikings bringing in Sam Darnold after JJ's comments about Vikings long term plan at QB affecting his decision to sign an extension or not, where do we think Jefferson will be next year (on a most likely record WR contract, if not highest non qb contract ever) because it sure won't be the Vikings.

NFL Network reported that Jefferson “will want to know the quarterback plan before signing on for the long haul.”

Jefferson Quotes on Qbs-
I feel like I’m always voicing my opinion on Kirk. As much as people downgrade him and not want to give him his credit, I’m always the person that always gives him his credit. I’m always blessed and just accepting of the person that he was for me, the player that he was for me and this team just by being that leader and being that captain, controlling the game, controlling where the ball goes and making great throws.

I think the rest of the world definitely realizes that at this very moment.

People don’t see what goes on in the building. They don’t see the relationships that go on, don’t see the connection that goes on. Me and Kirk have a great connection.
"I definitely will always give that extra word for Kirko," Jefferson said at the time, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "(And) I feel like I really don't have to voice my opinion that much. Just look at his play before he went down. ... His leadership. His knowledge of the game. His awareness. There's definitely something missing not having that main piece out there on the table."
"Kirk is great as a teammate, as a person," Jefferson said on Eisen's show. "Seeing the difference from having multiple quarterbacks throwing to you versus having that one main quarterback ... I feel like everyone, especially Vikings fans, appreciates Kirk a little bit more now that we've seen him off the field."

"I would like him to stay," he added. "I would love to have him stay and have that connection with him. It's going to be difficult to create that new connection with a whole new quarterback. We don't know if we're going to draft one, if we're going to pick one up (in free agency). I would like to have (Kirk) back, have him in that locker room."
When a guy pounds the table for Kirk Cousins, and you give him Sam Darnold, he gone.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Where does Justin Jefferson play 2025?

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:19 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:03 am JJ is currently set to play the 2024 season on his 5th year option. With Vikings bringing in Sam Darnold after JJ's comments about Vikings long term plan at QB affecting his decision to sign an extension or not, where do we think Jefferson will be next year (on a most likely record WR contract, if not highest non qb contract ever) because it sure won't be the Vikings.

NFL Network reported that Jefferson “will want to know the quarterback plan before signing on for the long haul.”

Jefferson Quotes on Qbs-
I feel like I’m always voicing my opinion on Kirk. As much as people downgrade him and not want to give him his credit, I’m always the person that always gives him his credit. I’m always blessed and just accepting of the person that he was for me, the player that he was for me and this team just by being that leader and being that captain, controlling the game, controlling where the ball goes and making great throws.

I think the rest of the world definitely realizes that at this very moment.

People don’t see what goes on in the building. They don’t see the relationships that go on, don’t see the connection that goes on. Me and Kirk have a great connection.
"I definitely will always give that extra word for Kirko," Jefferson said at the time, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "(And) I feel like I really don't have to voice my opinion that much. Just look at his play before he went down. ... His leadership. His knowledge of the game. His awareness. There's definitely something missing not having that main piece out there on the table."
"Kirk is great as a teammate, as a person," Jefferson said on Eisen's show. "Seeing the difference from having multiple quarterbacks throwing to you versus having that one main quarterback ... I feel like everyone, especially Vikings fans, appreciates Kirk a little bit more now that we've seen him off the field."

"I would like him to stay," he added. "I would love to have him stay and have that connection with him. It's going to be difficult to create that new connection with a whole new quarterback. We don't know if we're going to draft one, if we're going to pick one up (in free agency). I would like to have (Kirk) back, have him in that locker room."
When a guy pounds the table for Kirk Cousins, and you give him Sam Darnold, he gone.
Yeah but Kwesi was just trying to be the budget guy. You know...get Kirk to take a team friendly deal. Kwesi is always looking at what makes financial sense. It's why he didn't overpay Darnold, or pay more than he needed to for a RB rental, or go big after LBs in free agency. If only Kirk could have bent to the genius in this leadership...

Don't pay up for talent. Try to get the talent to give a discount. And when the talent leaves, no biggie. Just overpay for a depressing situation. He's definitely got this thing figured out, playing at another level.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:22 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:19 am Yeah but Kwesi was just trying to be the budget guy. You know...get Kirk to take a team friendly deal. Kwesi is always looking at what makes financial sense. It's why he didn't overpay Darnold, or pay more than he needed to for a RB rental, or go big after LBs in free agency. If only Kirk could have bent to the genius in this leadership...

Don't pay up for talent. Try to get the talent to give a discount. And when the talent leaves, no biggie. Just overpay for a depressing situation. He's definitely got this thing figured out, playing at another level.
He's definitely trying to play money ball. But that doesn't work in the NFL

His last chance to not be a failure of a GM is if they hit on a tier 2 QB at pick 11 that KoC can mold into a franchise QB. JJ probably eats a franchise tag next year, and then really has no desire to sign an extension.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:57 am

Agree with the above that he’s most likely playing on the franchise tag for 2025. I’m assuming the Vikings draft a top 4 QB this year. Hopefully (for the Vikings’ sake) that player sees and capitalizes on the benefit of quickly establishing a connection with Jefferson.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 am

If a team is going to make a big trade for Jefferson and pay a WR top dollar, it will be a team with a QB on a rookie contract. Like Miami did with Tyreek Hill during Tua's 3rd season.

In 2025, the year 3 QBs will be rom the 2023 draft. Bryce Young, Stroud and Will Levis. The 2022 draft does not have candidates. The 2024 teams drafting a QB would be in play too.

So i say the candidates are; Carolina, Houston, Tenn, Chicago, Wash & NE.
Carolina already spent a lot of draft capital to get Bryce Young, Stroud doesn't really need WR help.

I say the top candidate would be, in order;
NE, Chicago, Wash & Tenn

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 am

JJ will sign a new contract with the Vikings. I think that's the most likely situation.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:36 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 am JJ will sign a new contract with the Vikings. I think that's the most likely situation.
Id agree. players of this caliber just do not walk historically. Incumbents usually find a way to extend them.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 am

TheTroll wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:36 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 am JJ will sign a new contract with the Vikings. I think that's the most likely situation.
Id agree. players of this caliber just do not walk historically. Incumbents usually find a way to extend them.
I think his comments about Cousins were pretty much required. If he says anything different & the Vikings end up keeping Cousins, now we have drama. Players almost always show public support for the current QB. When the Vikings draft one, JJ will voice his support for the new guy too.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 am
I think his comments about Cousins were pretty much required. If he says anything different & the Vikings end up keeping Cousins, now we have drama. Players almost always show public support for the current QB. When the Vikings draft one, JJ will voice his support for the new guy too.
for sure!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:49 am

His comments were beyond the "Kirk is a great QB and I enjoy catching passes from him" generic "required" statements. I think we can take his word for what it is when he says he enjoys having Kirk in the building, that there is a relationship behind the scenes (beyond the field) that he appreciates.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:10 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:49 am

His comments were beyond the "Kirk is a great QB and I enjoy catching passes from him" generic "required" statements. I think we can take his word for what it is when he says he enjoys having Kirk in the building, that there is a relationship behind the scenes (beyond the field) that he appreciates.
I have no doubt those things are true. That doesn't mean that he will ONLY play with Kirk, or that he'd hate having a rookie. I took it that he doesn't want multiple average QBs like we had last year after Kirk got hurt. That's all common sense.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:13 am

KC on a one year sweet heart ring.chase deal
Or cincy
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:11 pm

I agree with the group that he is in all likelihood a Viking still, and probably playing on the tag if the GM's current progress on his deal is anything to go by.

Kwesi really missed a trick by not pushing harder to extend him last offseason. Not only has the cap AND WR market gone up, but JJ got injured whilst playing on his rookie deal to boot - the exact thing that players worry about, if they haven't locked in their money yet.

Not that it was a career-threatening injury - but between that, and them not ponying up for his preferred QB and allowing him to leave - there is no shot that there's any sort of hometown discount or sense of loyalty coming.

His trade request - even just as a negotiating tactic - feels inevitable.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:26 pm

Chase's tweet: "this will be a krazy story to tell"
https://twitter.com/Real10jayy__/status ... 1084295527

Speculation there is some deal with Higgins and Jefferson going down.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:46 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:26 pm Chase's tweet: "this will be a krazy story to tell"
https://twitter.com/Real10jayy__/status ... 1084295527

Speculation there is some deal with Higgins and Jefferson going down.
Jefferson and Chase on the same team?!