Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 pm

E.B. leaving the NFL to be an OC at UCLA.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 pm E.B. leaving the NFL to be an OC at UCLA.
When that story broke, I loved it. EB with the power of "if the NFL doesn't appreciate me, I'll take my talents to the NCAA."

It will be interesting to see how the Bruins offense performs this year.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 pm E.B. leaving the NFL to be an OC at UCLA.
Wow. The last place I’d want to coach right now is in the Power 4. 18 yr olds making millions and can transfer at the drop of a hat and your future depends on them? In this day and age? No thanks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:40 am
Wow. The last place I’d want to coach right now is in the Power 4. 18 yr olds making millions and can transfer at the drop of a hat and your future depends on them? In this day and age? No thanks.
It will be interesting, because he wasn't that well liked by a lot of players, for his style. It will be interesting how kids deal with his style of coaching, compared to grown men.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:50 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:40 am
Been away from the Internet for a couple weeks. Saw this story this morning when I was catching-up and BB said what I've been thinking for the last couple months.

I was reading an MSN article a couple weeks back with this tidbit. "Nearly 30 college football coaches have already departed for the NFL since the conclusion of the college football regular season. Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Hafley (of Boston College) left their head coaching positions. More than 25 other assistant coaches across the country left their programs to join the NFL. Nearly half of them took demotions (in terms of title) to do so."

Nick Saban retired rather than continue dealing with this awful situation the NCAA has created. Some changes need to be made.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:53 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:50 pm. Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Hafley (of Boston College) left their head coaching positions. More than 25 other assistant coaches across the country left their programs to join the NFL. Nearly half of them took demotions (in terms of title) to do so.[/I]"

Nick Saban retired rather than continue dealing with this awful situation the NCAA has created. Some changes need to be made.
Saban already tried and failed miserably at coaching in the NFL.
Harbaugh racked up enough NCAA violations to start a bonfire. Also, Harbaugh's personality makes it impossible for anyone to work with him for more than five years, so he was never the long term answer at UM.

A lot of this handwringing about college coaches leaving coaching is manufactured drama. Part of it is stuff that always happens. Coaches reture. One or two go into broadcasting. Three or four go pro. That's the way it always is.

The other part is, yes, some "old-school" out of touch curmudgeons who think a coach's greatest superpower is to be able to bully and demean players now find themselves out of sync in a world where players are allowed to change teams. Those backwards thinking coaches are too dense to work with the players instead of screaming at players. Now that players are making NIL money those players don't have to live with the constant threats of "do what I order or you'll be out on the streets!"

The NCAA will be just fine when it comes to coaches. There are hundreds of guys willing and able to step up and do the job. No sleep will be lost because Boston College's coach went elsewhere.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:42 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:53 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:50 pm. Jim Harbaugh and Jeff Hafley (of Boston College) left their head coaching positions. More than 25 other assistant coaches across the country left their programs to join the NFL. Nearly half of them took demotions (in terms of title) to do so.[/I]"

Harbaugh racked up enough NCAA violations to start a bonfire. Also, Harbaugh's personality makes it impossible for anyone to work with him for more than five years, so he was never the long term answer at UM.

A lot of this handwringing about college coaches leaving coaching is manufactured drama. Part of it is stuff that always happens. Coaches reture. One or two go into broadcasting. Three or four go pro. That's the way it always is.

The other part is, yes, some "old-school" out of touch curmudgeons who think a coach's greatest superpower is to be able to bully and demean players now find themselves out of sync in a world where players are allowed to change teams. Those backwards thinking coaches are too dense to work with the players instead of screaming at players. Now that players are making NIL money those players don't have to live with the constant threats of "do what I order or you'll be out on the streets!"

The NCAA will be just fine when it comes to coaches. There are hundreds of guys willing and able to step up and do the job. No sleep will be lost because Boston College's coach went elsewhere.
Is there ever a time when you step back before you post something and consider whether you are so biased and removed that you consider that maybe it’s a bad idea to follow through?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:42 am

Is there ever a time when you step back before you post something and consider whether you are so biased and removed that you consider that maybe it’s a bad idea to follow through?
:lol: :clap:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:42 am

Anteaters
Role Player