Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:23 am

Note that Hurts had some bad luck on interceptions this year. His turnover worthy play rate for the 2023 regular season was 6th best, but his 15 interceptions was on the other end at 27th.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:20 am Even if they ban the push, they are still going to have Hurts QB sneak from the 1. I wouldn't factor any of that into a decision anyways
They just need to go back to enforcing the assisting the runner rule. QB sneaks are fine. Putting hands on the QB and pushing or grabbing/holding and pulling is illegal.

Simple.
Assisting the runner is illegal when pulling or carrying the runner, not when pushing. If they ban the tush push, they should ban any O-lineman from pushing a ball carrier when being stood up by a defensive player. It's no different and likely no less risk for injury vs the qb push.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:50 am

mgscott wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:20 am Even if they ban the push, they are still going to have Hurts QB sneak from the 1. I wouldn't factor any of that into a decision anyways
They just need to go back to enforcing the assisting the runner rule. QB sneaks are fine. Putting hands on the QB and pushing or grabbing/holding and pulling is illegal.

Simple.
Assisting the runner is illegal when pulling or carrying the runner, not when pushing. If they ban the tush push, they should ban any O-lineman from pushing a ball carrier when being stood up by a defensive player. It's no different and likely no less risk for injury vs the qb push.
Pretty sure that's the way it was prior to 2005. It wasnt just for the QB, it was (and should be) any offensive player.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:15 am

CGW wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:50 am
mgscott wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 am

Simple.
Pretty sure that's the way it was prior to 2005. It wasnt just for the QB, it was (and should be) any offensive player.
Tush push aside, I actually see everyone celebrating when your linemen keep driving the pile (including the runner) exact yards. I feel that if they ban it, then so be it but the refs will have to start really enforcing it for all plays. The NFL wants offense and quicker games. Banning this would go against both
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:25 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:06 am I see where you are coming from. I also see him losing 10 rushing TD's when the tush push gets banned and I think he disenchanted himself with his teammates this year. I have some concerns about his future.
The Haters: in shambles.
Speaking on Pro Football Talk, NFL Executive V.P. of Football Operations Troy Vincent said there’s no support to ban the “tush push” at this time.

Vincent appears to be all-in on the “tush push,” saying that there’s no need to “punish a team that strategically does it well” while also adding the Eagles’ success rate on the play is “just amazing.” This should come as good news to Jalen Hurts and his fantasy managers. Hurts has totaled 28 rushing touchdowns over the last two seasons, with 17 of those scores coming from just one yard out. The push to ban the play has largely come from gripes over how successful it is, but as Vincent points out, a high success rate on a play that’s within the rules isn’t a reason to ban a play in the eyes of the NFL Competition Committee. Vincent noted that the committee didn’t even discuss the play when they met at this year’s Scouting Combine.
Let the tush pushing continue unabated for 2023's #2 scoring fantasy QB, my friends. :whistle: