Previous Year Rookie Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nawyse
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Previous Year Rookie Draft

Postby nawyse » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:38 pm

I run a IDP Salary League on mfl. Currently a 16 team league with AFC Teams.
We're adding an NFC Conference, and thus 16 teams. We want to 'catch them up' and so we're planning on hosting a 2023 Rookie Draft. But the mfl.com system is now on 2024 and won't go backwards (not even on 2023 site). So we have to host this offsite.
QUESTION: Does anyone have a format they can recommend that's better than an Excel spreadsheet? Like somewhere we can input all the available rookies and they can actually click to pick instead of messaging the commissioners all their picks?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Previous Year Rookie Draft

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:54 pm

Why don’t you set up a fake 2024 league at mfl, hold the draft there as soon as you can using the player database, and import your rosters into the new league (I assume that you’re using 2 copies of each player in the new big league). Then just let the fake league die.

nawyse
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nawyse » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:02 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:54 pm Why don’t you set up a fake 2024 league at mfl, hold the draft there as soon as you can using the player database, and import your rosters into the new league (I assume that you’re using 2 copies of each player in the new big league). Then just let the fake league die.
mfl won't let me setup a draft with the 2023 rookies.
There's no way to draft prior year rookies after a certain point, from what I'm learning. Once they begin the rollover to the next year they shut down the current season rookies. The SB ended more than just Mike Shanarat's dreams, it ended my ability to expand my dynasty league. I'm not sure which is the bigger tragedy.

Here's a couple options I've found. If anyone can think of something better, I'm all ears.
https://fandraft.com/

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:50 am

I would put in a help request with MFL. They are usually pretty good about responding quickly. They should be able to tell you if what you want is possible on the MFL platform.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:51 am

So you’re adding 16 new teams this year but you want to have a ‘23 rookie draft? I guess I don’t understand the rationale. All the ‘23 rookies have a NFL resume now. Why wouldn’t you include them in your veteran draft and then let that conference have their rookie draft this year?

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:07 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:51 am So you’re adding 16 new teams this year but you want to have a ‘23 rookie draft? I guess I don’t understand the rationale. All the ‘23 rookies have a NFL resume now. Why wouldn’t you include them in your veteran draft and then let that conference have their rookie draft this year?
Yeah, was confused there too. You can’t replicate a 2023 rookie draft now, all the players have history in the league now, won’t at all be similar to doing said draft in 2023 before the season. Might as well run a rookie draft for 2022 and 2021 while you’re at it.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 am

Use that dumby league for the draft but only draft 2023 rookies. Just don't select a player from any other year. You don't need to make MFL filter the available players.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.