frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:44 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:19 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 am

True. I just think most of us would prefer MHJ to ARI than NEP. It honestly gives me a little pause, especially when pushing to trade for the 1.01, 1.02, or 1.03. Do you think Harrison is landing-spot proof? That's what I'm trying to asses. The offers I've had to make for the 1.01 are very expensive (as it was for Bijan last year) so I've been pricing Nabers and Odunze as well. But I love MHJ and wants as many shares as I can get.
Harrison will struggle a little bit without a respectable QB. Hell, we saw it at times this past season with the transition from Stroud to McCord.

But, as has been said a number of times....situations change. Calvin Johnson went from Kitna and Orlovsky to Matthew Stafford.

Draft the talent.
Agree. I think Harrison has as high a floor with a super high ceiling as we've seen. I think Nabers will be very good too, and Odunze, but Harrison is the one to get. Agree on draft the talent. I will take him at 1.02 in my Superflex if he falls, I will take Williams if he doesn't. Just trying to figure out how hard to go after the 1.01 and NEP does give me a little pause.
Then wait a couple months and see what happens. If he goes to NE, maybe that will give current 1.01 team pause also and you get it cheaper. If he goes somewhere else, well it sounds like you’re making big offers anyway. So wait it out and see what happens.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm

Do we have any sense on the rookie TEs in this draft? Rankings XX/100 are from NFL Buzz.

Bowers, he's the elite talent, TE1. (91)
Sanders seems to be the TE2, looks good. (86)
Beyond that—Stover (83), Bell (81).
Sinnott (81), Holker (81), Johnson (81) after.

Guys you like? I know it's early.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:38 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm Do we have any sense on the rookie TEs in this draft? Rankings XX/100 are from NFL Buzz.

I've learned to just not even play the rookie TE game. I think I'll let other draft the rookies, and I wait a season or two then go and trade for them. This year, Michael Meyer seems like the guy to buy. Last season was McBride. Even still, you can probably sometimes get McBride for a decent price. Or Evan Engram has a few more nice seasons left. Trying to play the rookie TE game requires alot of patience, luck, and extra roster space. I say go for the vet TEs, or young established ones.

EDIT: Except for Bowers, he is that guy, and I'd love to draft him. My comment was for all non-Bowers rookie TEs.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:53 pm

mikedigs wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:38 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:58 pm Do we have any sense on the rookie TEs in this draft? Rankings XX/100 are from NFL Buzz.

I've learned to just not even play the rookie TE game. I think I'll let other draft the rookies, and I wait a season or two then go and trade for them. This year, Michael Meyer seems like the guy to buy. Last season was McBride. Even still, you can probably sometimes get McBride for a decent price. Or Evan Engram has a few more nice seasons left. Trying to play the rookie TE game requires alot of patience, luck, and extra roster space. I say go for the vet TEs, or young established ones.

EDIT: Except for Bowers, he is that guy, and I'd love to draft him. My comment was for all non-Bowers rookie TEs.
Cool. I'm in a TEP league and there are NO TEs on the WW. So you draft them, or have to overpay in trade. That's why I wanted to see who came after Bowers (and Sanders) this year.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:27 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Cool. I'm in a TEP league and there are NO TEs on the WW. So you draft them, or have to overpay in trade. That's why I wanted to see who came after Bowers (and Sanders) this year.
Same here, all my leagues are TEP and I was assuming that was the case with you. But mine are only 1.5 PPR, so that could be why it's not difficult to trade for them. If you have a 2 PPR TEP, that could be tricky I imagine. My point is that rookie TEs seem really difficult to hit on.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:37 pm

mikedigs wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:27 pm

Same here, all my leagues are TEP and I was assuming that was the case with you. But mine are only 1.5 PPR, so that could be why it's not difficult to trade for them. If you have a 2 PPR TEP, that could be tricky I imagine. My point is that rookie TEs seem really difficult to hit on.
For sure. And yes, mind is 2 PPR TEP. With 1 PPR for the rest. I keep looking at like this—

QB—Williams elite, Maye/Daniels not too far behind.
WR—Harrison and Nabers elite, Odunze not far behind. With a VERY deep WR class for WRs 4-15.
RB—seems like a mess, and a weaker year.
TE—Bowers, and then everyone else, maybe Sanders alone in Tier 2.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:42 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:37 pm

For sure. And yes, mind is 2 PPR TEP. With 1 PPR for the rest. I keep looking at like this—

WR—Harrison and Nabers elite, Odunze not far behind. With a VERY deep WR class for WRs 4-15.
So WR/RB get 1 PPR and TE gets 3 PPR?
I have heard of 2 PPR TEP leagues, I know they exist, but man, 3 PPR for TE must make TE values go crazy!!!
Bowers is probably the 1.01 over MHJ in a league like this!!!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:37 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:42 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:37 pm

So WR/RB get 1 PPR and TE gets 3 PPR?
I have heard of 2 PPR TEP leagues, I know they exist, but man, 3 PPR for TE must make TE values go crazy!!!
Bowers is probably the 1.01 over MHJ in a league like this!!!
No. He asked if it was TEP with 2 PPR and I said yes. TES get 2 PPR, the rest get 1 PPR. Or that's how I TOOK IT. Sorry. 1 PPR for everyone, with the TEs getting a BONUS 1 PPR, for a total of 2 PPR TE. I'm new to this, so if I'm saying it wrong, that's my fault.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:25 am

Theo Johnson ought to be higher than what you’ve got. His RAS ought to be a really high number and he definitely looks the part on the field. He’s going to have to improve as a blocker but has the size, mass and mentality to do it. Watching film of TEs I’m always looking for how they catch outside their framework and with him its hard to tell because his QB always seemed to be putting the ball on his back hip - it was weird to watch because it was so regular. But the few opportunities I saw outside his frame he looked good. Got his hands into good spots and came down with the ball. He can split the seam downfield. Looked great during Senior Bowl week.

Penn St didn’t stretch his capabilities at all, though he did throw a couple of TD passes (one a beauty of a drop in the bucket well downfield, the other that looked like designated run and he did a flip downfield to an open receiver when he was going to be tackled).

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:25 am

Theo Johnson ought to be higher than what you’ve got. His RAS ought to be a really high number and he definitely looks the part on the field. He’s going to have to improve as a blocker but has the size, mass and mentality to do it. Watching film of TEs I’m always looking for how they catch outside their framework and with him its hard to tell because his QB always seemed to be putting the ball on his back hip - it was weird to watch because it was so regular. But the few opportunities I saw outside his frame he looked good. Got his hands into good spots and came down with the ball. He can split the seam downfield. Looked great during Senior Bowl week.

Penn St didn’t stretch his capabilities at all, though he did throw a couple of TD passes (one a beauty of a drop in the bucket well downfield, the other that looked like designated run and he did a flip downfield to an open receiver when he was going to be tackled).
Thanks for this, really appreciate it. I've got him as a riser/to watch now.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 am

Situations change
True. I just think most of us would prefer MHJ to ARI than NEP. It honestly gives me a little pause, especially when pushing to trade for the 1.01, 1.02, or 1.03. Do you think Harrison is landing-spot proof? That's what I'm trying to asses. The offers I've had to make for the 1.01 are very expensive (as it was for Bijan last year) so I've been pricing Nabers and Odunze as well. But I love MHJ and wants as many shares as I can get.
Harrison will struggle a little bit without a respectable QB. Hell, we saw it at times this past season with the transition from Stroud to McCord.

But, as has been said a number of times....situations change. Calvin Johnson went from Kitna and Orlovsky to Matthew Stafford.

Draft the talent.
So you are all in on K. Pitts still ?

Just asking if you ever think the situation trumps talent in a negative way. Poor system fit or being a secondary ( or thirdary) option 🤔

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:16 pm

Starting to develop a real fondness for WR Ricky Pearsall. 1/8” under 6’-1” and 193 lbs, the kid is just a technician, finds a way to gets his hands on seemingly every pass in his direction and makes really difficult catches look effortless. Has a nice toolbox for YAC as well and shows some tricks that sophisticated RBs use in the open field like a dead leg and a toe drag to change directions. Shows some nice speed heading downhill to the sidelines. Will catch through contact. Very high football IQ and understands how to set up shop in the holes in zones. Looked great during practices at the Senior Bowl and made DBs look pretty bad. Can run the ball on jet sweeps too and has the RB instincts to pull it off.

I’d love to see him slip to mid 2nd round in FF drafts. He isn’t likely to produce eye popping measurables but he’s a football player through and through. Whomever his pro QB is going to be is going to love him. He’s reliable and makes his QB look good.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:38 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:16 pm Starting to develop a real fondness for WR Ricky Pearsall. 1/8” under 6’-1” and 193 lbs, the kid is just a technician, finds a way to gets his hands on seemingly every pass in his direction and makes really difficult catches look effortless. Has a nice toolbox for YAC as well and shows some tricks that sophisticated RBs use in the open field like a dead leg and a toe drag to change directions. Shows some nice speed heading downhill to the sidelines. Will catch through contact. Very high football IQ and understands how to set up shop in the holes in zones. Looked great during practices at the Senior Bowl and made DBs look pretty bad. Can run the ball on jet sweeps too and has the RB instincts to pull it off.

I’d love to see him slip to mid 2nd round in FF drafts. He isn’t likely to produce eye popping measurables but he’s a football player through and through. Whomever his pro QB is going to be is going to love him. He’s reliable and makes his QB look good.
I like him later in the draft, feels like late 2nd, earl to mid to late 3rd in Superflex, earlier in 1 QB. This is a deep class.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:10 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Draft the talent.
So you are all in on K. Pitts still ?

Just asking if you ever think the situation trumps talent in a negative way. Poor system fit or being a secondary ( or thirdary) option 🤔
Talent can be impacted by situation, but it's better process to bet on the talent consistently rather than letting situation deter you.

Pitts can still be a really good player.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:16 pm Starting to develop a real fondness for WR Ricky Pearsall. 1/8” under 6’-1” and 193 lbs, the kid is just a technician, finds a way to gets his hands on seemingly every pass in his direction and makes really difficult catches look effortless. Has a nice toolbox for YAC as well and shows some tricks that sophisticated RBs use in the open field like a dead leg and a toe drag to change directions. Shows some nice speed heading downhill to the sidelines. Will catch through contact. Very high football IQ and understands how to set up shop in the holes in zones. Looked great during practices at the Senior Bowl and made DBs look pretty bad. Can run the ball on jet sweeps too and has the RB instincts to pull it off.

I think he's gonna be my Jayden Reed of this class