Trying to get 1.01 in 1 QB League

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Trying to get 1.01 in 1 QB League

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm I guess I don't agree with most of the people in this thread, the trade proposed doesn't look bad to me from either teams perspective. If I had the 1.01 I likely won't take it, but I don't see how it is insulting in any way. Some people get sick of being at the bottom of the league. Filling the starting line-up with decent choices can be very attractive to an owner looking to get out of the basement.

What happens a couple of years down the road if MHJ ends up being Sammy Watkins 2.0? Lamar is a huge upgrade for the receiving team, Ford could very well end up being the lead back in CLE for the next several years. Henry/Diggs would almost certainly be locked into the teams starting line-up come week 1 (if I was the team with the 1.01, I would want something else instead of these 2 players).
Thanks. That's how I see it. It's not five quarters for a dollar it's a dollar and four 50-cent pieces for two dollars. Or something like that. This would immediately help them. NOW if they want to STAY in the bottom and get another early pick, then I could see them take Harrison. Him alone won't get you to the playoffs in our league. But it would for sure be a wasted year in a long rebuild. My 1.09 could actually net a decent player there, too, a starter even.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm

It's been a few days. What was the guy's response? His is really the only opinion that matters.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:20 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:13 pm
Oddball456 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm I guess I don't agree with most of the people in this thread, the trade proposed doesn't look bad to me from either teams perspective. If I had the 1.01 I likely won't take it, but I don't see how it is insulting in any way. Some people get sick of being at the bottom of the league. Filling the starting line-up with decent choices can be very attractive to an owner looking to get out of the basement.

What happens a couple of years down the road if MHJ ends up being Sammy Watkins 2.0? Lamar is a huge upgrade for the receiving team, Ford could very well end up being the lead back in CLE for the next several years. Henry/Diggs would almost certainly be locked into the teams starting line-up come week 1 (if I was the team with the 1.01, I would want something else instead of these 2 players).
Thanks. That's how I see it. It's not five quarters for a dollar it's a dollar and four 50-cent pieces for two dollars. Or something like that. This would immediately help them. NOW if they want to STAY in the bottom and get another early pick, then I could see them take Harrison. Him alone won't get you to the playoffs in our league. But it would for sure be a wasted year in a long rebuild. My 1.09 could actually net a decent player there, too, a starter even.
You responded too quick, I added my post.

Edit:
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm
Top Five QB (upgrade)
Top Ten RB (aging)
Rising RB (young)
Top Ten WR (aging)
Top Ten TE
Top Ten Pick

or

An Elite Rookie WR Prospect
The problem, Wickerkat, is while I think your offer is fine, this list is completely misleading. You are using very generous redraft rankings for a dynasty team. Based on the DFL rankings:

#5 QB (upgrade)
#37 RB (Old)
#26 RB (young)
#27 WR (aging)
#12 TE
Top Ten Pick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:00 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm It's been a few days. What was the guy's response? His is really the only opinion that matters.
They're thinking about it. IDK if I'll hear before the combine or draft. I want to push it though since Harrison will still be my #1 regardless of combine or landing spot.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:20 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:13 pm

You responded too quick, I added my post.

Edit:
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm
Top Five QB (upgrade)
Top Ten RB (aging)
Rising RB (young)
Top Ten WR (aging)
Top Ten TE
Top Ten Pick

or

An Elite Rookie WR Prospect
The problem, Wickerkat, is while I think your offer is fine, this list is completely misleading. You are using very generous redraft rankings for a dynasty team. Based on the DFL rankings:

#5 QB (upgrade)
#37 RB (Old)
#26 RB (young)
#27 WR (aging)
#12 TE
Top Ten Pick
True. Good point on redraft rankings (I just plugged in what they did last year) vs. Dynasty. My rankings are a bit different, but I get your points.

#4 QB (upgrade) Lamar
#25 RB (Old) Henry
#33 RB (young) Ford
#27 WR (aging) Diggs
#13 TE (young) Ferg
Top Ten Pick

So I hear what you're saying. I need to think in terms of dynasty value vs. last year.

I have it at 1503 to 859. Diggs, Lamar, and the 1.09 add up about 1100. So, it'll really be a matter of what they 1.01 thinks of this mix.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 am

They finally replied and this is their offer—

THEY GIVE

Pickett, Kenny PIT QB
Jefferson, Van ATL WR
Gesicki, Mike NEP TE
Washington, Darnell PIT TE
Year 2024 1.01

I GIVE

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Henry, Derrick TEN RB
Nacua, Puka LAR WR
Ferguson, Jake DAL TE
Year 2024 1.09

Thoughts?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am

I think that's what it's going to cost. You're going to feel squeezed if you want the 1.01. Is it an overpay, probably. But there's no other way to get the 1.01. I have a suspicion this might be one of the cheaper deals we see.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:46 am

tstafford wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am I think that's what it's going to cost. You're going to feel squeezed if you want the 1.01. Is it an overpay, probably. But there's no other way to get the 1.01. I have a suspicion this might be one of the cheaper deals we see.
Yeah. I can afford to let Puka go but I'd be betting whether or not Harrison is worth more than Lamar + Puka. Puka just had a rookie year, but is it his talent or Stafford being a King maker. Though I don't want to give up Lamb or DJM either. I wonder if I can counter with Olave and 25 1st.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:56 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:46 am
tstafford wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am I think that's what it's going to cost. You're going to feel squeezed if you want the 1.01. Is it an overpay, probably. But there's no other way to get the 1.01. I have a suspicion this might be one of the cheaper deals we see.
Yeah. I can afford to let Puka go but I'd be betting whether or not Harrison is worth more than Lamar + Puka. Puka just had a rookie year, but is it his talent or Stafford being a King maker. Though I don't want to give up Lamb or DJM either. I wonder if I can counter with Olave and 25 1st.
Sure. Olave/2025 1st is a fine offer. I bet it gets rejected, but that's okay too.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:12 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 am They finally replied and this is their offer—

THEY GIVE

Pickett, Kenny PIT QB
Jefferson, Van ATL WR
Gesicki, Mike NEP TE
Washington, Darnell PIT TE
Year 2024 1.01

I GIVE

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Henry, Derrick TEN RB
Nacua, Puka LAR WR
Ferguson, Jake DAL TE
Year 2024 1.09

Thoughts?
I think that is a lot closer to fair than your previous offer.

The problem I see is you're not considering the negative cost of the other guy giving up one item worth $2 for several items worth $2. A lot of trade calculators take this into account.

For instance, while it shouldn't be a definitive guide, KTC has 1.01 valued at 8582 but stacks another 9186 on top of that when factoring in the cost of trading for those six assets in your previous offer.

The point is, trading multiple assets in fantasy football isn't the same as trading eight quarters for two dollars in real life. Not to mention the valid points made a few posts earlier about incorrectly applying redraft values to the trade. If you want the chance to get 1.01, the best asset in your offering has to be better than a QB in a 1QB league. The other guy has verified this opinion by insisting Puka be included.

Now the ball is in your court.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:22 am

But does this make my team better or worse? Is this a smart move? Harrison would have to outperform Puka. I guess this all comes down to how we see the future for Puka. He had an elite rookie year. Will that continue?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:29 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:22 amBut does this make my team better or worse? Is this a smart move? Harrison would have to outperform Puka. I guess this all comes down to how we see the future for Puka. He had an elite rookie year. Will that continue?
Honestly, at this point it all comes down to how you feel. It feels like you want us to make a consensus opinion for you, but I don't think that's realistic.

When it comes to a player like Puka, you yourself have to make the decision of whether or not you think his 2023 season is replicable ... you have to decide if Puka is going to rise to Kupp's heights or if Puka will settle in around WR10-18 for the next few seasons ... or fall off the map when Stafford retires. Same for evaluating/predicting MHJr's future. I can't say for a fact which end of the trade will work out the best for you or the other guy because none of us can definitively predict the future for Puka or MHJr.

What I can do is say that without Puka, that trade is horrible for the other guy. Absolutely horrible, because there's no future potential for upside. He's giving up the 1.01 which is all about future potential for upside, but he's receiving old garbage. With Puka in the deal, he gets back some future potential upside.

With Puka, it's more of a fair trade and those are the best trades. At this point, you, YOU, have to decide your personal preference.

EDIT: In your shoes, I would make the trade because you have the depth and because YOU believe MHJr is the next long-term top 3 WR, year in year out. If you believe that, this is a trade you should make.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:36 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:29 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:22 amBut does this make my team better or worse? Is this a smart move? Harrison would have to outperform Puka. I guess this all comes down to how we see the future for Puka. He had an elite rookie year. Will that continue?
Honestly, at this point it all comes down to how you feel. It feels like you want us to make a consensus opinion for you, but I don't think that's realistic.

When it comes to a player like Puka, you yourself have to make the decision of whether or not you think his 2023 season is replicable ... you have to decide if Puka is going to rise to Kupp's heights or if Puka will settle in around WR10-18 for the next few seasons ... or fall off the map when Stafford retires. Same for evaluating/predicting MHJr's future. I can't say for a fact which end of the trade will work out the best for you or the other guy because none of us can definitively predict the future for Puka or MHJr.

What I can do is say that without Puka, that trade is horrible for the other guy. Absolutely horrible, because there's no future potential for upside. He's giving up the 1.01 which is all about future potential for upside, but he's receiving old garbage. With Puka in the deal, he gets back some future potential upside.

With Puka, it's more of a fair trade and those are the best trades. At this point, you, YOU, have to decide your personal preference.

EDIT: In your shoes, I would make the trade because you have the depth and because YOU believe MHJr is the next long-term WR3, year in year out. If you believe that, this is a trade you should make.
Thanks, appreciate all of this. I know it's ultimately up to me. Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed advice. I don't want to hamstring my team.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:42 am

Does this do anything for you all?

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Henry, Derrick TEN RB
Diggs, Stefon BUF WR
Downs, Josh IND WR
Andrews, Mark BAL TE
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.09
Year 2025 Round 1 Draft Pick from Wickerkat

for

1.01 and five scrubs that I'll probably drop.

I know, again, it's six quarters for a dollar, but this really would pull them out of the gutter, way more than Harrison, AND it doesn't cripple my team. I can still start:

Allen
Kamara, Jacobs/(ZWhite, Ford, Warren)
Lamb, DJM, Puka, Olave, Harrison
Ferguson
K
D

I know they want Puka but I can't do it. He could be nearly as good as Harrison and he's super young.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:42 am Does this do anything for you all?

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB
Henry, Derrick TEN RB
Diggs, Stefon BUF WR
Downs, Josh IND WR
Andrews, Mark BAL TE
Year 2024 Draft Pick 1.09
Year 2025 Round 1 Draft Pick from Wickerkat

for

1.01 and five scrubs that I'll probably drop.

I know, again, it's six quarters for a dollar, but this really would pull them out of the gutter, way more than Harrison, AND it doesn't cripple my team. I can still start:
I know they want Puka but I can't do it. He could be nearly as good as Harrison and he's super young.
If the other guy has sent you this offer, it's a steal of a deal for you and you should smash accept.

If this is your counter to his Puka offer, I think this counter has a 0% chance of being accepted. Again, it's six quarters for a dollar and it does NOTHING to help a rebuilding team in 1QB.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser