General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Travis Kelce... It's Time

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:00 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:08 pm
TheTroll wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:12 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:30 am He's declining, but still can perform. I do think KC needs to get some better WRs around him. He's STILL the TE2 in my 1 PPR leagues—tied with Hock, LaPorta a few points more.

LaPorta 225
Kelce 221
Hock 221
Engram 210
Njoku 205
Kittle 205
Kmet 174
to quote the great Mickey Goldmill, “Women Weaken Legs.”
Looking at Kelce's 2023 season, it was a tale of 2 halfs.

1st 8 games was typical Kelce, he was TE1, averaging 19.5 PPR PPG.
Last 8 games Kelce is TE10 in PPG, averaging 10.4.
The Broncos laid the blueprint on how to stop/slow Kelce and the Chiefs. They jammed the middle and dared a Chiefs WR to beat them. As currently constructed, they couldn't.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:02 pm

Shcritters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:27 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:23 am
BradyT wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:05 am Time to accquire Noah Gray?!
Only if you're positive that as a replacement starter he's going to be more Rice and less MVS. Not everyone can step into a prime situation and produce like great players. Make sure you believe Gray has what it takes to reproduce even 50% of Kelce. I'm not convinced he's talented enough.

I'd take a chance if the price was cheap. But I honestly haven't studied Gray enough to know if he's going to be a T10TE just because he *might* be the next man up in KC. I'm not ready to say I'm comfortable giving up something substantial to acquire Gray.
Haven’t we seen enough from Noah Gray the few games Kelce’s been injured to know he’s about 50% of Kelce and not the answer to the question ‘who is the next KC TE?’. I have had him periodically and he puts up a couple catches whenever Kelce is out… I’d be in the ‘this is a selling window’ for Gray camp than to want to trade FOR him.
💯

Best case, Noah Gray can be a backend TE1 based on volume if Kelce walks, but he's also a FA in 2024 himself. No guarantee he's even back with KC. He's just a guy.

Kelce can absolutely play for a few more seasons, a la Tony Gonzalez, but he's already laying the groundwork for his post NFL career. His off the field brand has never been stronger.

If looking at VBD, he was one for the biggest busts in 2023. He's no longer the cheat code at the position he once was.
16 team league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:12 pm He can still have some Jason Witten type years, but I think he may retire soon, rather than slowly fade.
In case anyone was worried "soon" was 2024.

Or that they had to smash-add Noah Gray for some reason :lol:
Chiefs TE Travis Kelce: "You guys think about retirement? Am I the only one in that boat? (laughing)

"I have no reason to stop playing football. I love it."

Kelce adds he has no intention of retiring after this playoff run.
https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1745 ... 42575?s=20

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm

I could absolutely see Kelce swing back to being a good buy depending how hard his ADP takes a hit.
16 team league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm I could absolutely see Kelce swing back to being a good buy depending how hard his ADP takes a hit.
I really have no intention of buying unless he's super cheap. His ceiling, IMO, is gone. Like I said, Witten type stuff. Solid TE1, but he's not a difference maker, like he used to be. He's been fantastic, but it's obvious he's not that player anymore. I think his name and track record will keep him from being a value, in MOST leagues. There's always that one guy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 am

Kelce has said he will be back for 2024. Good news for his owners after a relatively down year for him by fantasy football standards.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:38 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 am Kelce has said he will be back for 2024. Good news for his owners after a relatively down year for him by fantasy football standards.
If they can find just ONE meaningful weapon outside of him (and not just a YAC / designed targets guy in Rice - though he could also take the next step as a "real receiver") then I think Kelce could rebound quite nicely in '24.

Teams were outright doubling him on key downs and forcing them to pass to "anyone else".

It's an exciting draft to be needing a WR from. Of course... now watch them go defense 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds... :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 pm

mild wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:38 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 am Kelce has said he will be back for 2024. Good news for his owners after a relatively down year for him by fantasy football standards.
If they can find just ONE meaningful weapon outside of him (and not just a YAC / designed targets guy in Rice - though he could also take the next step as a "real receiver") then I think Kelce could rebound quite nicely in '24.

Teams were outright doubling him on key downs and forcing them to pass to "anyone else".

It's an exciting draft to be needing a WR from. Of course... now watch them go defense 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds... :lol:
With this much depth at WR I would not be surprised to see them take a WR with their first pick. If we're expecting 4-6 WRs to go in the first, they could get a pretty amazing WR there. IDK what they need—speed, slot, possession. Maybe Ladd?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble