Baker Mayfield value check in SF

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Baker Mayfield value check in SF

Postby Peener » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:44 pm

What do you think is a fair opening offer in picks for him? 12 Team SF Start 10

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Baker Mayfield value check in SF

Postby tstafford » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:45 am

Peener wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:44 pm What do you think is a fair opening offer in picks for him? 12 Team SF Start 10
The lack of a gig makes it a tad complicated. You have to think he's going to start somewhere (probably TBB) after last season. There's aren't close to 32 better options out there.

I'd see Baker in the same range as A.Rod and D.Carr. Guys I 100% want on my roster because they are viable options at SF every week. Plus they aren't in much danger of losing their job. I had a glut of QBs in my SF league and shopped Carr mid-season. The best I could get was a random 2nd and his production is worth more to me than that.

Now that we know the pick slots, I think a reasonable opening offer for this range of guys is the 2.06. This is close to as much as I'd pay. I don't like to play the trade negotiation game, so offer lower than that if you think you have to account for the back and forth.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:53 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:45 am
Peener wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:44 pm What do you think is a fair opening offer in picks for him? 12 Team SF Start 10
The lack of a gig makes it a tad complicated. You have to think he's going to start somewhere (probably TBB) after last season. There's aren't close to 32 better options out there.

I'd see Baker in the same range as A.Rod and D.Carr. Guys I 100% want on my roster because they are viable options at SF every week. Plus they aren't in much danger of losing their job. I had a glut of QBs in my SF league and shopped Carr mid-season. The best I could get was a random 2nd and his production is worth more to me than that.

Now that we know the pick slots, I think a reasonable opening offer for this range of guys is the 2.06. This is close to as much as I'd pay. I don't like to play the trade negotiation game, so offer lower than that if you think you have to account for the back and forth.
Appreciate the thought out response, brother! I've got the 2.11 so I'll start with that.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:02 am

Peener wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:53 am
tstafford wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:45 am

Appreciate the thought out response, brother! I've got the 2.11 so I'll start with that.
With a late 2nd, I'd offer a player that has potential but you don't believe in on top. I'd personally auto-reject a single late 2nd for any QB with a longer than one year shelf life in Superflex.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:00 am

Fair point. I don't expect it to be accepted straight up, but hopefully not insulting enough to cut off talks.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:46 pm

Very late 1st, very early 2nd in a 12 team SF league.
Like 1.12-2.01 is his current value.
Higher or lower depending on your league's individual economy.

Blumpy
Starter
Starter

Postby Blumpy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:58 pm

I would put him around a mid 2nd in 12 team SF. He's likely to start in TB again but he could flame out. Again. He's like Geno and Carr (as pointed out above) level in my mind.
Dynasty 10 Team Full PPR SF (Team BlowItUp)1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1 Flex/1 Superflex
QB-Allen, Herbert, Burrow
RB- Breece, Gibbs, Bijan, Kyren
WR-Chase, AJB, Ceedee, Diggs
TE- Andrews

Dynasty 14 Team 1/2 PPR (Team Punt) 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB Burrow, Watson
RB- Bijan and garbage
WR- Rice,Higgins, C. Watson, garbage
TE- McBride