All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: All Things Bears

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:04 am This thread is almost 80 pages long. It keeps getting bumped out of anonymity so many times, I'm starting to suspect Wicker is actually Turco, with the requisite multiple burners to help it along..... :surprised:

Maybe we should start an "all things" for every team?

:lol:
Pay attention, I suggested that 40 pages ago. Come on man, get with it. LOL. It started because yes, people wanted me to shut up in other threads, BUT the trading to get DJM and the picks we had...it was a big part of the draft. It affected many teams and players. And again, this year, it's a similar situation. So I do still think it warrants a thread. I'm not Turco, not sure who that is. There are a lot of threads here, and it's easy to just sail on by and not participate. I'd think with the Bears being such a mess, this thread would actually be entertaining to those that root for other teams. LOL. Sigh. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, every year.
Exactly what Turco would say. It has to be him. Has anyone seen them in the same room together?

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Payton34 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:27 pm
81- wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:23 am Rattler. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’d rather use a Day 2 pick to kick the tires there than the #1 overall on Caleb and miss out on MHJr.
i get the thought process but don't agree with it. IMO, if you are drafting a qb on day two, you are flushing a pick down the drain. You either take them early, or you take them late. Or you do what the bears do, and never take them. Pace said, you gotta take one every year, yet, never took one until fields. :lol:

carry on
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:04 am This thread is almost 80 pages long. It keeps getting bumped out of anonymity so many times, I'm starting to suspect Wicker is actually Turco, with the requisite multiple burners to help it along..... :surprised:

Maybe we should start an "all things" for every team?

:lol:
Pay attention, I suggested that 40 pages ago. Come on man, get with it. LOL. It started because yes, people wanted me to shut up in other threads, BUT the trading to get DJM and the picks we had...it was a big part of the draft. It affected many teams and players. And again, this year, it's a similar situation. So I do still think it warrants a thread. I'm not Turco, not sure who that is. There are a lot of threads here, and it's easy to just sail on by and not participate. I'd think with the Bears being such a mess, this thread would actually be entertaining to those that root for other teams. LOL. Sigh. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, every year.
Exactly what Turco would say. It has to be him. Has anyone seen them in the same room together?
i have
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:22 pm

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am You saying Chicago should be satisfied drafting a Bradford or a Winston here?
ah, so when you were talking about lawrence, you actually meant "bradford and winston"? cool...

if williams is just "okay", it would still be a massive step up from fields. trading back isn't the only way to "keep building". as for going to the super bowl with a great D and a running back at QB... ask the ravens how they're doing, and then consider the gap between lamar and fields.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:59 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:22 pm
Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am You saying Chicago should be satisfied drafting a Bradford or a Winston here?
ah, so when you were talking about lawrence, you actually meant "bradford and winston"? cool...

if williams is just "okay", it would still be a massive step up from fields. trading back isn't the only way to "keep building". as for going to the super bowl with a great D and a running back at QB... ask the ravens how they're doing, and then consider the gap between lamar and fields.
Right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:10 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:59 pm

Right?
Yep*

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:21 pm

Nope, I suggest you read what I was responding to. The claim that only 4 of the 21 QBs listed hadn’t outdone the best Bears’ QB season. So I brought up others to point out the absurdity of the statement and to claim that obviously the Bears should expect this pick to far exceed many on that list, our past QB woes be damned.

As for Lawrence? Yeah, I would hope if we draft Caleb Williams that he is better than Lawrence, and I wonder how many Bear fans would simply be satisfied if that’s where Williams is at in three years. Especially when we have to keep enduring the Monday morning QBing of, “We could’ve had Mahomes! We could’ve had Stroud!”…

And anyway, “Ask the Ravens how they’re doing?”. Really? I’d say they’re doing just fine. The Ravens lost to the defending Superbowl champions in the AFC championship game, so now Lamar Jackson (and by proxy, ALL running QBs) hereby suck?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:02 pm

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:21 pm

Nope, I suggest you read what I was responding to. The claim that only 4 of the 21 QBs listed hadn’t outdone the best Bears’ QB season. So I brought up others to point out the absurdity of the statement and to claim that obviously the Bears should expect this pick to far exceed many on that list, our past QB woes be damned.

As for Lawrence? Yeah, I would hope if we draft Caleb Williams that he is better than Lawrence, and I wonder how many Bear fans would simply be satisfied if that’s where Williams is at in three years. Especially when we have to keep enduring the Monday morning QBing of, “We could’ve had Mahomes! We could’ve had Stroud!”…

And anyway, “Ask the Ravens how they’re doing?”. Really? I’d say they’re doing just fine. The Ravens lost to the defending Superbowl champions in the AFC championship game, so now Lamar Jackson (and by proxy, ALL running QBs) hereby suck?
Pretty much , great top notch rbs for sure but when they have to be passing qbs they just have not proven they can lead a team to a superbowl win yet maybe one day but not there yet even with the great def he had

Plus the only way the bears screw this up is not taking that chance on an actual top notch qb this year
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:03 am

Tvols wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:02 pm

Pretty much , great top notch rbs for sure but when they have to be passing qbs they just have not proven they can lead a team to a superbowl win yet maybe one day but not there yet even with the great def he had

Plus the only way the bears screw this up is not taking that chance on an actual top notch qb this year
Cam Newton did it as a run first QB back in 2015-16 when the stars aligned for his Super Bowl win. So it is possible. Your point still stands, Fields is no Lamar or even Cam at this point, whether it's his own fault or the system he's in.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:15 am

aight fair enough!

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:21 pmAs for Lawrence? Yeah, I would hope if we draft Caleb Williams that he is better than Lawrence, and I wonder how many Bear fans would simply be satisfied if that’s where Williams is at in three years. Especially when we have to keep enduring the Monday morning QBing of, “We could’ve had Mahomes! We could’ve had Stroud!”…
"we could've had williams!"... but yeah, i get it, with 1.01 you'd hope for a manning (and peyton at that!), but considering the busts and the number of available, actually good QBs in the sport, i'd be ok with having spent the 1.01 on a talent like lawrence. you also make it sound like williams could bust or be meh, but harrison and all the other players you'd get with trading down couldn't. i'm not against the idea of trading down if the FO doesn't think williams is all that, but then they'll have to find an alternative to fields anyway.

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:21 pmAnd anyway, “Ask the Ravens how they’re doing?”. Really? I’d say they’re doing just fine. The Ravens lost to the defending Superbowl champions in the AFC championship game, so now Lamar Jackson (and by proxy, ALL running QBs) hereby suck?
yep, they're doing fine. with a QB that won an mvp award in his first full season as a starter. they're doing ok. fields on the other hand couldn't handle an nfl offense in his second full season as a starter. build the way you want, take williams or trade back, but fields shouldn't be in the bears' plans other than as backup.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:18 am

CGW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:03 am Cam Newton did it as a run first QB back in 2015-16 when the stars aligned for his Super Bowl win. So it is possible. Your point still stands, Fields is no Lamar or even Cam at this point, whether it's his own fault or the system he's in.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 am

CGW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:03 am

Cam Newton did it as a run first QB back in 2015-16 when the stars aligned for his Super Bowl win. So it is possible. Your point still stands, Fields is no Lamar or even Cam at this point, whether it's his own fault or the system he's in.
did they win(looks like an all time great passing qb beat him? im only messing with you, One day a rb qb will win but just not there yet.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 am

Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 am
CGW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:03 am

did they win(looks like an all time great passing qb beat him? im only messing with you, One day a rb qb will win but just not there yet.
Sorry, I meant made it to the Superbowl. Lol

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:56 am

in 2024 it is very difficult to win in the NFL without a very good QB. No other roster spot matters until you have that guy. The Bears don't have that guy. The pick is Caleb every time. Even if you are a fanbase that has been beaten into accepting QB mediocrity, you take the shot when it is available.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 am

Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 amOne day a rb qb will win but just not there yet.
That’s an interesting thought. I’m not sure that I agree unless the league makes significant rule changes that would disincentivize passing, which I believe is highly unlikely.

A QB’s primary job is to distribute the football to his playmakers. Then those guys can do the work of moving it downfield with their various skill sets while taking on the risks of being hit. QBs who run a lot are those who won’t or can’t stand in or readjust their platform to get the ball to their playmakers. Instead they bail out and take off. That’s not a desirable trait in the grand scheme of things - it puts them at risk despite that they are running into a D spread out to stop the pass, and the starting QB on a good team is usually the least replaceable guy on the team and has the greatest drop off in talent to their replacement.

QBs who run occasionally are great, they put a ton of pressure on Ds and can capitalize as the D drops into pass coverage. But they understand their value to the team and what happens when they get injured so they only run when it’s really profitable for them and would rather pass than run given the chance. The guys who simply abandon the throw relatively quickly and take off - the running QBs - often miss opportunities that they may have had had they waited longer as well as risking injury more.

While FFers love it for the FF points they can score, it’s just not good in a football sense in helping the team succeed over the course of a season and then into the playoffs as the wear and tear adds up.