All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Re: All Things Bears

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:11 am

10 months ago… before his studly .500 season this year.

I just picked a video. There’s more. Just as I could post a crap ton more GOOD video of Fields (but you know that already).
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:11 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:08 am
Career Lowlights

43 second video

I don't think that's the gotcha you think it is

I just picked a video. There’s more. Just as I could post a crap ton more GOOD video of Fields (but you know that already).
I wish you good luck with Fields then. He's garbage. CW would be the best QB you've ever had and probably the best offensive player the Bears have seen since 40ish years ago when your username was still playing

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:08 am

Career Lowlights

43 second video

I don't think that's the gotcha you think it is

I wish you good luck with Fields then. He's garbage. CW would be the best QB you've ever had and probably the best offensive player the Bears have seen since 40ish years ago when your username was still playing
If we draft him, I hope you’re correct. I see us making an awesomely okay Trevor Lawrence out of him. You remember Trevor “Can’t Miss!” Lawrence, right? 😉

QBs - P Mahomes,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:27 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:19 am

If we draft him, I hope you’re correct. I see us making an awesomely okay Trevor Lawrence out of him. You remember Trevor “Can’t Miss!” Lawrence, right? 😉
Serious question. If the Bears are doomed regardless of what they do, then why be a fan? If my team was this inept as a front office that I didn't think they could take the #1 QB and not fucc it up, I wouldn't stick around as a fan.

I see all these Bears fans saying that you would mess up any QB (even Mahomes lol) and that you keep hiring terrible Offensive coaches. So what are we even doing here?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:46 am

Really? You’re going there in your defense? Closing the book on Lawrence's career after 3 years, the first of which was with Urban Meyer?

Stick with Fields. That’s all your franchise and its fans deserve. Unfortunately you’ll end up doing to MHJr what the Jets are doing to Wilson.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:27 am

Serious question. If the Bears are doomed regardless of what they do, then why be a fan? If my team was this inept as a front office that I didn't think they could take the #1 QB and not fucc it up, I wouldn't stick around as a fan.

I see all these Bears fans saying that you would mess up any QB (even Mahomes lol) and that you keep hiring terrible Offensive coaches. So what are we even doing here?
Did I say at ANY point that we are, "Doomed no matter what we do!"? A part of OUR issue is a cheap ownership. NEVER forget that. You hear the dirt about Jerrah! You heard plenty about Dan Snyder, etc... People don't talk about the failure of Bears' ownership over the last 35 or so years, but it's a problem.

With Mahomes? Yes, the coaching staff we had at that time could have (and probably would have) EASILY screwed him up!

Why am I a fan? Can I help where I was born? This doesn't mean I have to buy merch or attend home games (esp since I don't live locally) and in THAT way you withhold support. Guess if I were you I'd be a Packer fan by now?

But it looks as though we need to do this, so I will now post the list of QBs taken #1 overall since 1990, so we can ALL see that, yes... They miss... A lot...

1990 - Jeff George
1993 - Drew Bledsoe
1998 - Peyton Manning
1999 - Tim Couch
2001 - Mike Vick
2002 - David Carr
2003 - Carson Palmer
2004 - Eli Manning
2005 - Alex Smith
2007 - JaMarcus Russell
2009 - Matthew Stafford
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Cam Newton
2012 - Andrew Luck
2015 - Jameis Winston
2016 - Jared Goff
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2019 - Kyler Murray
2020 - Joe Burrow
2021 - Trever Lawrence
2023 - Bryce Young

So I mean, what hit rate are we talking about here? I count 8 out of 21 that were BAD misses with a smattering of guys who were decent and sure, some studs. Now is ALSO probably a good time to remind everyone that there was PLENTY of talk LAST season of trading Fields and drafting Bryce Young... Seriously, where would we be now?

I'll be supportive whatever we do, but IF we draft Williams he better damn well be a bullseye after all the fluffing I've heard regarding this guy. I figure the new OC was brought in with a plan. Guess we'll see what it is.

QBs - P Mahomes,
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:46 am

Really? You’re going there in your defense? Closing the book on Lawrence's career after 3 years, the first of which was with Urban Meyer?

Stick with Fields. That’s all your franchise and its fans deserve. Unfortunately you’ll end up doing to MHJr what the Jets are doing to Wilson.
"Closing the book"? Lawrence is "okay". That's what I said. Feel free to find assessment somewhere that claims he is anything beyond that... But meanwhile you're saying the book IS closed on Fields, am I wrong in that?

QBs - P Mahomes,
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:34 am

CubfanAA wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:56 am
The Bears have never successfully drafted and developed a franchise altering QB. Their ownership keeps hiring the same type of GM that is good at scouting/drafting defensive players and good at hiring coaches that are good at developing defensive players. When Chicago tries to change tactics and hire an offensive head coach it always goes terribly wrong. They currently kept a head coach that honestly has done an amazing job at developing the defense and completely turned them around in 2 years. His offense also sucked and the OC was fired. Given all that info...is it better odds that the Bears draft and develop a franchise altering QB with the 1st pick? Or that they trade back and manage to continue the defensive building and turn it into a top 5 or maybe even top 1 unit which can take them to a superbowl with a RB at QB. I think their odds of being relevant for the next few years are better with the trade back. I also think they are going to draft Caleb and 3 years from now we will be seeing graphics on the screen comparing Calebs bad stats to either Maye or Daniels great stats just like they loved to do for Trubisky vs Mahomes. The same people now saying Caleb is such a no-brainer decision will also be making fun of the Bears and saying it was so obvious that either Maye or Daniels was the better prospect.
It was a different era for certain, but they essentially did this and won their last Super Bowl with Jim McMahon at QB. I went back and looked up his stats, and they were pretty underwhelming. I don't know if you could build a defense as dominant these day with the rules such as they are (unlikely) but it's not unprecedented.

Not advocating either way for Fields/Caleb. Just pointing out unstable teams are the ones that lose annually. You can't keep shuffling the deck chairs and expect immediate success. Then when you don't win, rinse and repeat. Pick a lane, stick with it, and trust the process. Best of luck!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:15 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:26 am 1990 - Jeff George
1993 - Drew Bledsoe
1998 - Peyton Manning
1999 - Tim Couch
2001 - Mike Vick
2002 - David Carr
2003 - Carson Palmer
2004 - Eli Manning
2005 - Alex Smith
2007 - JaMarcus Russell
2009 - Matthew Stafford
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Cam Newton
2012 - Andrew Luck
2015 - Jameis Winston
2016 - Jared Goff
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2019 - Kyler Murray
2020 - Joe Burrow
2021 - Trever Lawrence
2023 - Bryce Young
Couch, Vick, Carr, and Russell are the only QBs here (aside from Bryce) who haven't thrown for more than Erik Kramer's franchise record in a single season.

16/20 odds to break your franchise passing record from 30 years ago seems pretty good to me. I mean, why not try and draft Caleb? What's the worse that happens? He busts and you are still in the same spot next year? At least you have built in excuses of crappy owner and HC/OC to blame

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:45 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:28 am

"Closing the book"? Lawrence is "okay". That's what I said. Feel free to find assessment somewhere that claims he is anything beyond that... But meanwhile you're saying the book IS closed on Fields, am I wrong in that?
Well, that “okay” guy would hold the best and second best passing seasons in the entire illustrative history of the Bears with his performances to date.

And yeah, Fields sucks as a passer and is always likely to do so. He has a processing issue and I’m not sure that’s fixable. It was well documented going into the draft and his superb quality of receivers cloaked the problem in college.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:15 am
Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:26 am 1990 - Jeff George
1993 - Drew Bledsoe
1998 - Peyton Manning
1999 - Tim Couch
2001 - Mike Vick
2002 - David Carr
2003 - Carson Palmer
2004 - Eli Manning
2005 - Alex Smith
2007 - JaMarcus Russell
2009 - Matthew Stafford
2010 - Sam Bradford
2011 - Cam Newton
2012 - Andrew Luck
2015 - Jameis Winston
2016 - Jared Goff
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2019 - Kyler Murray
2020 - Joe Burrow
2021 - Trever Lawrence
2023 - Bryce Young
Couch, Vick, Carr, and Russell are the only QBs here (aside from Bryce) who haven't thrown for more than Erik Kramer's franchise record in a single season.

16/20 odds to break your franchise passing record from 30 years ago seems pretty good to me. I mean, why not try and draft Caleb? What's the worse that happens? He busts and you are still in the same spot next year? At least you have built in excuses of crappy owner and HC/OC to blame
This could possibly be the funniest stat I've seen. Talk about rough. They literally haven't even had an average QB in my lifetime.

Even if CW is awful, he will still far exceed the production/performance of Fields in real football (not talking fantasy).

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:45 am
Payton34 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:28 am

Well, that “okay” guy would hold the best and second best passing seasons in the entire illustrative history of the Bears with his performances to date.

And yeah, Fields sucks as a passer and is always likely to do so. He has a processing issue and I’m not sure that’s fixable. It was well documented going into the draft and his superb quality of receivers cloaked the problem in college.
You’re shifting the standard of what ANY team would expect, using the #1 on a QB here though. Chicago’s history of bleep QBs is irrelevant.

You saying Chicago should be satisfied drafting a Bradford or a Winston here? That’s worth not having Harrison Jr + a haul?

Of course it isn’t.

QBs - P Mahomes,
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:04 am This thread is almost 80 pages long. It keeps getting bumped out of anonymity so many times, I'm starting to suspect Wicker is actually Turco, with the requisite multiple burners to help it along..... :surprised:

Maybe we should start an "all things" for every team?

:lol:
Pay attention, I suggested that 40 pages ago. Come on man, get with it. LOL. It started because yes, people wanted me to shut up in other threads, BUT the trading to get DJM and the picks we had...it was a big part of the draft. It affected many teams and players. And again, this year, it's a similar situation. So I do still think it warrants a thread. I'm not Turco, not sure who that is. There are a lot of threads here, and it's easy to just sail on by and not participate. I'd think with the Bears being such a mess, this thread would actually be entertaining to those that root for other teams. LOL. Sigh. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, every year.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:44 am

I've gone back and forth on Fields for a few years now. Here is where I stand on the Bears:

1. Nagy and team screwed him the first year. Flashes of greatness, but no support.
2. 2nd year was more of the same, and they all got fired. He flashed again.
3. Year three, last year, with DJM they should have taken steps forward, and they did.
4. 7 wins could easily have been 10. But it's kind of smoke and mirrors. Still too many holes in the OFF.
5. Is Fields inept? No. Did he get the support he needed, even in year three? No. We're moving on.
6. They will absolutely trade him, but for what, IDK. Two 2nds? 2nd, 4th, 6th? I don't see a 1st.
7. He just didn't make the progressions he should have, some his fault (and lack of ability).
8. I'm convinced we damaged/broke him the first two years. Bad habits, bad coaching.
9. He could do very well with another team. I wish him the best.
10. They will most likely take Williams at 1.01. 95% sure on this.
11. I would not be surprised if they traded down and took Maye/Daniels. This is that other 5%.
12. What I would like is Williams at 1.01, a stud WR at 1.09 (Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze), and T/DE/C with picks.
13. Support this in FA with more WR depth and OL/DL acquisitions.

We'll see. They have a chance to finally get this right. But I'm not holding my breath.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble