What would you offer for G Wilson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What would you offer for G Wilson?

Postby Randomguess » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:33 am

Nabers for Wilson is probably fair, or close. I would prefer to give up multiple later picks if possible. Thank you.
Team 1:
QB: Stroud, Minshew
RB: Bijan, ETN, R White, Z White, Spears
WR: Lamb, Nakua, Olave, Dell, Shakir, Iosivas
TE: Laporta, Andrews
2024 picks: 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 4.02
2025 two 1sts

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm

Feels like Wilson is a very tough buy right now. Anyone that has him right now likely either found a way to buy off an impatient owner or has been sitting on him all season drooling over the idea of Rodgers returning this season to save the world. Good luck prying him away from the starry eyed owner that thinks the next 2k yard season is coming. I tried in my league and offered 1.04 and 1.07 as an opening offer and was told to kick rocks. I offered alternative like 1.04 and Jameson with the same results. I didn’t bother continuing on from there. I can understand being so invested after thinking you had a nice year with Rodgers coming only to watch it go down in flames about 5 minutes into the season.

The price is just too much right now from what I can see. He’s a stud but you’re paying a premium on top of that for the hopium build up that has accumulated over this season. I’d hate to pay that price then have a 40 year old come off of an achilles and not look so elite anymore.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 pm

Gazzerk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm Feels like Wilson is a very tough buy right now. Anyone that has him right now likely either found a way to buy off an impatient owner or has been sitting on him all season drooling over the idea of Rodgers returning this season to save the world. Good luck prying him away from the starry eyed owner that thinks the next 2k yard season is coming. I tried in my league and offered 1.04 and 1.07 as an opening offer and was told to kick rocks. I offered alternative like 1.04 and Jameson with the same results. I didn’t bother continuing on from there. I can understand being so invested after thinking you had a nice year with Rodgers coming only to watch it go down in flames about 5 minutes into the season.

The price is just too much right now from what I can see. He’s a stud but you’re paying a premium on top of that for the hopium build up that has accumulated over this season. I’d hate to pay that price then have a 40 year old come off of an achilles and not look so elite anymore.
In a 1QB league that fells a bit light to me as well.
MHjr like value, you need to pay.

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Postby joshuawrobbins » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:47 pm

I would be willing to trade Devonta Smith and the 1.10 for Wilson. You might be losing a bit of value here but it could pay off nicely. I see a drop off in talent in this class around the 1.08 range so that pick might be a bit of a gamble. Also, Smith is a nice piece but he will never be a true number one in this league and Wilson offers just that.

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:54 pm

trc wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 pm
Gazzerk wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm Feels like Wilson is a very tough buy right now. Anyone that has him right now likely either found a way to buy off an impatient owner or has been sitting on him all season drooling over the idea of Rodgers returning this season to save the world. Good luck prying him away from the starry eyed owner that thinks the next 2k yard season is coming. I tried in my league and offered 1.04 and 1.07 as an opening offer and was told to kick rocks. I offered alternative like 1.04 and Jameson with the same results. I didn’t bother continuing on from there. I can understand being so invested after thinking you had a nice year with Rodgers coming only to watch it go down in flames about 5 minutes into the season.

In a 1QB league that fells a bit light to me as well.
MHjr like value, you need to pay.
Sorry for any confusion. I didn’t mean that to say it should have been a smash accept but that it was a fair opening offer knowing it would need some tweaking and it was treated as a non starter. While I agree that it is light, it is not a “oh we can’t even build off of this” type of offer but that owner is all in on Wilson. Seems like that’s the case.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd