Is There Anything I Should Do To Fix This Paper Tiger?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Payton34
Captain
Captain

Is There Anything I Should Do To Fix This Paper Tiger?

Postby Payton34 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 am

Team in sig below... 1 QB league, 1/2 pt PPR, 6 pt all TDs.

So I went 5-9 and missed the playoffs this year. I look at my team and like what I see, just figure I need to be patient. Got the talent, just wait on it.

Any suggestions on what changes to make if any? Any players I should be targeting?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is There Anything I Should Do To Fix This Paper Tiger?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:10 am

I think some of this comes down to a tough year/down year for some of your assets and next year is a new year. Mahomes should be better, Robinson could make a jump, Jacobs could be in a better situation and healthy, Hall will be a full year healthy. Your RB core looks solid moving forward and I would not be concerned there at all. Your WR core is also in a good place but Moore gives me a pause. We know how much Moore fluctuates without the right QB and if Fields is not in Chicago...who knows what that means for Moore. Moore was great with Fields but awful without him. I would shop Moore in case you can move high. Kincaid is a nice piece for 2024 but is a wait and see if he really hits, but outside of elite TE's...you are in a fine spot and I would not focus here at all until we see how Kincaid progresses. You could very well already have your elite TE. I would look to move Tagovailoa if you can find the right deal. Given the scoring, QBs should have nice value and it never hurts to shop. Overall, I think you are in a good spot and had some tough luck/production from assets that should have been better. Shop to see what options are out there, but I would be fine going into next season as is and think your team will be better. I would try to add solid known production for your 1sts if the right returns are out there too. You have a potential contender on paper, if you can help that by moving 1sts, I would. Take the bust rate out.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:10 am I think some of this comes down to a tough year/down year for some of your assets and next year is a new year. Mahomes should be better, Robinson could make a jump, Jacobs could be in a better situation and healthy, Hall will be a full year healthy. Your RB core looks solid moving forward and I would not be concerned there at all. Your WR core is also in a good place but Moore gives me a pause. We know how much Moore fluctuates without the right QB and if Fields is not in Chicago...who knows what that means for Moore. Moore was great with Fields but awful without him. I would shop Moore in case you can move high. Kincaid is a nice piece for 2024 but is a wait and see if he really hits, but outside of elite TE's...you are in a fine spot and I would not focus here at all until we see how Kincaid progresses. You could very well already have your elite TE. I would look to move Tagovailoa if you can find the right deal. Given the scoring, QBs should have nice value and it never hurts to shop. Overall, I think you are in a good spot and had some tough luck/production from assets that should have been better. Shop to see what options are out there, but I would be fine going into next season as is and think your team will be better. I would try to add solid known production for your 1sts if the right returns are out there too. You have a potential contender on paper, if you can help that by moving 1sts, I would. Take the bust rate out.
adding on to this...Captain Obvious tells me to tell you, not to waste 2 roster spots on 2 kickers and 2 DSTs.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am

draft and set your lineup. looks good to me. idk how that went 5-9 and has 3 firsts lol
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm

You have an unreal team that just had a down years. I would sit tight and hope that everyone develops.

While both your TEs are nice dynasty TEs, if the bills don't move on from Knox, Kincaid might not be that startable. It might be a good idea to see if you can get a cheap vet TE to start.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:46 pm

TheTroll wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 am
adding on to this...Captain Obvious tells me to tell you, not to waste 2 roster spots on 2 kickers and 2 DSTs.

[/quote]

Interesting format where a team like THAT could go 5-9. Wild!

I would argue there is enough variability in DSTs that you'd want to roster 2 of them in this format. I think I agree with the sentiment about kickers, but again, maybe the format makes us think twice about this? Like there is some diminishing returns in that say your 8th receiver is unlikely to make much of a difference in the final score...but if your ONE kicker has a bad game, that could maybe cost you a game?

Edit: But please don't drop any of the 8 WRs in signature OP...I love all of those WRs! That's a great and fun team overall.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am draft and set your lineup. looks good to me. idk how that went 5-9 and has 3 firsts lol
Only 7 in his starting lineup (excluding K and D) will increase the variance. This is why I like to play in start 10 leagues.

I would suggest selling JSN, Downs, and Wilson. You’ll never start them and they’re overvalued imo.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am draft and set your lineup. looks good to me. idk how that went 5-9 and has 3 firsts lol
Only 7 in his starting lineup (excluding K and D) will increase the variance. This is why I like to play in start 10 leagues.

I would suggest selling JSN, Downs, and Wilson. You’ll never start them and they’re overvalued imo.
Was thinking this too.

I'd try to move up to the 1.01 or 1.02 by combining picks. This is 1QB non-TEP so there will be a drop-off after the 1.02 or 1.03 in this draft.

If that didn't work, I'd try to package the WRs that DD says together and/or with picks to move up to more elite WRs.

With such a small weekly line-up, studs rule.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:49 am

Thanks for all replies! For clarification, roster requirements are that I need to have 2 kickers and 2 Ds rostered at all times…
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:28 am

Payton34 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:49 am Thanks for all replies! For clarification, roster requirements are that I need to have 2 kickers and 2 Ds rostered at all times…
:shock: OK that settles that! Studs rule with only 7 position players starting.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5