All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:57 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:58 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:35 pm First off, massive props to wc for owning his bet and doing so with such grace and levity.

Now, what do we make of this from 2 days ago when asked about his tenure in CHI:
Justin Fields

That decision is not in my hands. All I can control is what I did do. I gave it my all. Whether it's here or not, I have no regrets.

To the city of Chicago, love y'all. Appreciate the fans and the support from all the Bears, you know, and in case this is my last rodeo with y'all, appreciate y'all for everything.
LOL, thanks. I think he's preparing to be traded. Could I see a scenario where the keep him, surround him with talent after trading the 1.01 pick for a haul (getting Harrison, Bowers, LT, Center)? Sure. But these guys want to save their asses, so they're going to trade him (probably to ATL) and take Williams (the CONSENSUS "generational talent") and buy themselves three more years. IDK if it's the right answer. We'll see.
Yea this isn’t the same fairwell like Henry just gave. Fields is a realist and knows there is a good chance he is playing somewhere else UNLESS the Bears are overwhelmed with an offer for 1.01 they cannot refuse. This could happen too and Chicago should do that diligence. It is rare a team has this “problem” to have in an off season. Lots of options
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:13 am

I keep hearing that Fields is likely going to ATL. Has ATL expressed interest anywhere that they’d want to take him on? I don’t see how Fields solves their QB problem and I wonder how much better Fields is than Ridder.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:58 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:35 pm First off, massive props to wc for owning his bet and doing so with such grace and levity.

Now, what do we make of this from 2 days ago when asked about his tenure in CHI:
Justin Fields

That decision is not in my hands. All I can control is what I did do. I gave it my all. Whether it's here or not, I have no regrets.

To the city of Chicago, love y'all. Appreciate the fans and the support from all the Bears, you know, and in case this is my last rodeo with y'all, appreciate y'all for everything.
LOL, thanks. I think he's preparing to be traded. Could I see a scenario where the keep him, surround him with talent after trading the 1.01 pick for a haul (getting Harrison, Bowers, LT, Center)? Sure. But these guys want to save their asses, so they're going to trade him (probably to ATL) and take Williams (the CONSENSUS "generational talent") and buy themselves three more years. IDK if it's the right answer. We'll see.
Let's all hope they don't buy themselves 3 years by default. I also hope Fields goes elsewhere and crushes (Atlanta seems like a neat fit, but does a new HC want to tie his job to Fields?). He probably won't, but he's good enough to start somewhere, and I'm of the opinion it won't take much to get a more creative playcaller than Getsy.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:13 am I keep hearing that Fields is likely going to ATL. Has ATL expressed interest anywhere that they’d want to take him on? I don’t see how Fields solves their QB problem and I wonder how much better Fields is than Ridder.
It's just because he's from Georgia, I believe.
Good story to link the hometown guy. Doubt any team has made their intentions known for next year on any QB at this point.

Is he better than Ridder? Hard not to be. Does he solve their QB problem? Depends on the staff id venture.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:27 am

Getsy (OC) and staff fired.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:15 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:27 am Getsy (OC) and staff fired.
Meaning Flus is staying, I presume...

Tough to figure if they flush out the offense coaches in order to give Fields one more shot in a new system, or if it is an entirely fresh reboot with a new OC, QB Coach AND QB....
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 am

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:28 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:13 am I keep hearing that Fields is likely going to ATL. Has ATL expressed interest anywhere that they’d want to take him on? I don’t see how Fields solves their QB problem and I wonder how much better Fields is than Ridder.
It's just because he's from Georgia, I believe.
Good story to link the hometown guy. Doubt any team has made their intentions known for next year on any QB at this point.

Is he better than Ridder? Hard not to be. Does he solve their QB problem? Depends on the staff id venture.
People want to see Michael Vick reborn.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:46 am

I think most of these rumors came from the fact that Arthur Smith refused to throw the ball and adding Fields to that running game would be fun. Now with Smith gone from Atlanta I don't think it makes nearly as much sense. I think it's going to be funny though when the Bears hire Arthur Smith as OC and then still trade Fields to ATL who hires a coach that runs a pass heavy offense that relies on extremely quick decision making and both franchises come out of this in the worst possible way.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 am

The GM who drafted Fields is also in Atlanta.

That said, I don't know what coach is signing up for that job to put their chips on Fields in their first year.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 am The GM who drafted Fields is also in Atlanta.

That said, I don't know what coach is signing up for that job to put their chips on Fields in their first year.
And on the Bears, what coordinators are signing up to be under Flus that could be gone next year?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 am

I honestly think they don't know yet if they are going with Fields or Williams.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am

Chicago received:
2023 first-round (No. 9) and second-round (61) picks
2024 first-round pick
and receiver DJ Moore (their 2018 first-rounder)

then what's the going rate for the 1.1 this year? Is it so stupid high that no one will pay?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:56 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am Chicago received:
2024 first-round pick

then what's the going rate for the 1.1 this year? Is it so stupid high that no one will pay?
Depends on how far back we have to move. And I honestly think they haven't decided on whether they are going to roll with Fields or draft Williams. I think it comes down to this:

Fields—what offers do they get? Does ATL offer a 2nd, 4th, and a player? Probably not London, Pitts, or Bijan. No DJM here. I think they have to be able to move Fields in order to take the 1.01. If they do move him, they take Wiliams.

Williams—if they don't get a Fields offer, I'm sure there will be plenty of offers for the 1.01. How far back they want to move though, that's really interesting. Are they moving to 1.02, 1.03 or later? Are they targeting Harrison or Nabers/Odunze? The could get quite a haul for the 1.01 and then draft to support Fields—WR, TE, LT, Center, etc.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. To cover their asses, they need to reset the clock, by moving Fields, and taking Williams (or who knows...maybe Maye or Daniels).
Last edited by wickerkat1212 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:56 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am Chicago received:
2024 first-round pick

I would bet it's slightly higher than last year since this years QB's are seen as better than last years, but I bet it's not as much different than last year as a lot expect. Somebody on Windy City Gridiron (The Bears SBNation site) did a breakdown recently that showed that trades for the 1.01 almost all fall into the same value range based on the trade charts almost regardless of how people view the class ahead of time with only a few exceptions of obvious overpays. It also showed that valuing DJ Moore as a mid 1st rounder the value of last years trade was almost exactly in that expected range. So if they traded with Atlanta we would probably be looking at something like:

Chicago receives
2024 first-round (No. 9) and second-round (43) picks
2025 first-round pick
2026 2nd (you missed this part in the original trade)
and a player valued as a mid-late 1st since the 2nd would be higher this year than last (maybe Drake London or Chris Lindstrom)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:55 pm

So are there any actual Bears fans in here who feel GOOD about how this is all going? Letting the coaches go, the press conference, the debate between Fields/Williams?

Also, I hang out over HERE if any of you Bears fans want to bitch and moan with me (in MORE detail LOL):

https://forum.chicitysports.com/forums/ ... -forum.31/
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: