2024 week 18

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: 2024 week 18

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:54 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm
dvpkwys wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm King Henry moving on, Spears taking over?
Sounds like Henry is moving on but in that event the question would be does Spears take over as the main back or do the Titans bring in another bruiser to pair with him. I'm of course biased and hope that Spears becomes the main man there as I grabbed him in numerous leagues rookie drafts this year! lol
giving a farewell speech is a pretty good sign... i would love Spears to take over as the lead dog but TEN will certainly bring in add'l RB pieces. temper expectations and then be happy if Spears becomes close to a bell cow for his audition.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:25 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm
dvpkwys wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm King Henry moving on, Spears taking over?
Sounds like Henry is moving on but in that event the question would be does Spears take over as the main back or do the Titans bring in another bruiser to pair with him. I'm of course biased and hope that Spears becomes the main man there as I grabbed him in numerous leagues rookie drafts this year! lol
Sure seems like he's moving on. Not sure how many saw the clips but he came out of the locker room to take the microphone and thank the Tennessee fans for all the love and support they've shown him over his career. That's just not something I'd expect a player who believes he's returning to a franchise to do.

As to whether or not Spears assumes his role, I'd expect that to be up to the GM and staff. I realize his knee condition has been discussed ad nauseam, but l'd think they'd want to make sure they have at least two RB's they feel comfortable with carrying the load. Just seems to be the way of things in today's NFL where injuries to RB's are common.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:53 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:38 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:28 am

Holy crap, this is such a nothing burger. This was clearly a team decision to get Williams a TD before they all went on vacation. Winston went along with what his teammates wanted, and pretty much shows how popular Williams is in the Saints locker room. Williams could have short circuited the whole thing by telling them all thanks but no thanks.

In the grand scheme of things this means nothing if not less. And hey, Art, this is the NFL. If you don’t like it, stop it. If you can’t that’s on you, not your opponent.

Last thought - there is so much disrespect and lack of sportsmanship that players show each other on the field as a regular course of events in every game that I’m struggling to see why this is even the smallest of blips on the radar.
I mean, it's a big deal in Saints land. Going against your coaches call is a big deal. That's why he should have put Carr out there to take the knee. BTW, it's kind of against the code of the game. It was cheap. Lining up in victory formation and running. It's kind of like when the Bucs D was blasting OL when QB's were taking a knee, a few years back. I'd expect Falcons players to be taking shots at Falcons players next year, when they play. Players and teams don't forget this stuff, in rivalries.
Good! That should happen in rivalries. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to watch the Fridge score a TD against GB (of course, that might be because it was one of the last times they beat GB, but still…).
My point is, the Saints coaches are either not going to bring some guys back, or coach is getting fired. Winston won't be back if Allen is back, that's my point.

The difference with Schiano is, it was a 1 score game, just like the Seahawks in the SB. This was a 24 point game. Winston is an idiot. Always will be. Always was. Some people here really thought he'd be a long term starter, I think you were one. Eat L, not the W on that one. I hear they taste like Crabs legs. :lol:

Seriously though, as a coach, you're going to defend that, knowing you called a kneel?

Great arm, ten cent head. He's a complete moron. He's a meme to stupidity.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick