All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: All Things Bears

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm

Is anyone really thinking they should keep Fields and build around him still?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm Is anyone really thinking they should keep Fields and build around him still?
Going straight for the throat :lol:

Let em' digest it for a bit.

Fields seems like a likeable guy and the physical talent is obvious.

Shows off his arm strength on almost every throw, escapability as he's buying time in the pocket.. but while Love has similar physical talent you rarely get to see him show it because he does the little things right. Throws passes with touch because he's throwing guys open with anticipation. Throws to wide open receivers often because he's dissecting the defense. Isn't running for his life in the pocket because he's diagnosing blitzes, adjusting protections and getting the ball out on time.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:16 pm Is anyone really thinking they should keep Fields and build around him still?
As a diehard Packer, I say yes.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:52 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:44 pm
As a diehard Packer, I say yes.
lol

I hate the convo around Fields bc people just talk on circles around each other. Fields can throw but his processing is bad. I’d imagine it could get better but it was bad coming out of college and apparently it’s still bad now. Just think about how poorly his processing has to be for him to keep failing given his elite size, elite athleticism, and arguably elite arm talent. Pretty much every other qb in the NFl would kill for his skill set. He’s got decent weapons, DJM is a very nice 1, Mooney is an acceptable 2/3, Kmet seems like a solid TE. QBs have faired better with a lot worse.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:55 pm

So I'm finally out:

Trade Fields to ATL, get picks/players.
Getsy is fired, the rest stay.
Flus stays coaching DEF, new OC.
Draft Williams at 1.01.
Draft a WR with our 1.09 pick—Harrison gone, Nabers probably gone, maybe Odunze.
Draft DE, LT, Center.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:02 pm

Once the stats have settled I'll come in and see how I did on my predictions. But IDK if it matters—I think they're going to move on.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:03 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:55 pm So I'm finally out:

Draft Williams at 1.01.
Draft a WR with our 1.09 pick—Harrison gone, Nabers probably gone, maybe Odunze.
Draft DE, LT, Center.
Doubtful you'll get a big package of stuff. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or 2nd and a player. He doesn't have a ton of value. Teams will want him, but with only 2 years left on the contract, and having to make an immediate decision on the 5th year option, he's not going to fetch a ton.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:03 pm

Draft Williams at 1.01.
Draft DE, LT, Center.
Doubtful you'll get a big package of stuff. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th, or 2nd and a player. He doesn't have a ton of value. Teams will want him, but with only 2 years left on the contract, and having to make an immediate decision on the 5th year option, he's not going to fetch a ton.
I think that's exactly what they get. I don't see a 1st. 2nd, 4th, and a player—London, Pitts, Bijan? IDK.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:17 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:05 pm
I think that's exactly what they get. I don't see a 1st. 2nd, 4th, and a player—London, Pitts, Bijan? IDK.
:shock: :crazy: :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:03 pm

Draft Williams at 1.01.
Draft DE, LT, Center.
I hope that's a joke. You're grossly overvaluing Fields market value, if not.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:17 pm
CAR traded DJM, it can happen. But yeah, London, Pitts, and Bijan are all pretty amazing players. Maybe they'd over Pitts? IDK.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:08 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm
CAR traded DJM, it can happen. But yeah, London, Pitts, and Bijan are all pretty amazing players. Maybe they'd over Pitts? IDK.
I could see Pitts for Fields. Not Pitts, a 2 and a 4th. Though with Kmet, seems like a bad fit.

My point was you won't get a 2, 4 and a player of that caliber.

DJM got traded, that wasn't my point. It was also in a package for the 1.01 for a college QB they thought was a franchise guy, not a QB with 3 years experience and a mediocre track record.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:08 pm

I could see Pitts for Fields. Not Pitts, a 2 and a 4th.
Depends on how they see Fields and how they value Pitts. I could be way off. We'll see.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:12 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:08 pm

I could see Pitts for Fields. Not Pitts, a 2 and a 4th.
Depends on how they see Fields and how they value Pitts. I could be way off. We'll see.
I think there will be a market, but a limited one. A few teams have picks that will land a top college QB, there will be a few like ATL that might be willing to go the trade route, and knowing that the Bears basically have to trade him, I don't see that helping his trade value.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:43 am

(Deep sigh/exhale)

So…. Obviously SOMETHING has to change. I tilt my head at those that blame Fields, but say we clearly need to fire Getsy and draft O Lineman…

I grasp that our issues CAN be a holy triumvirate of crap OC, crap O Line and a crap QB…

Watching the Packer game, the KEY takeaway to me was, no pressure on Love, CONSTANT pressure on Fields.

We’re still building the OLine, so we just have to assume Poles will work on that… but I get confused at those that say Getsy’s game planning and play calling suck AND Fields sucks.

In order to make a fair assessment of either, they would need to be judged separately from the other. If the assessment is more that we don’t know which is more the issue, so just get rid of them both? Meh, okay I guess…. I guess I just look at it as costing us WAY more to reset at QB than trying a new OC… UNLESS… you buy into this hype that Caleb Williams is a “once in a lifetime prospect”. Personally, I don’t. I don’t see a guy with his overinflated sense of self worth and thin skin as a recipe for success… ESPECIALLY after seeing what Fields has had to endure…

So yeah, I’d rather boot Getsy (and honestly Flus as well, though I don’t see us doing that), and continuing to build around Fields for two more years…
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…