Moving Bijan

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Moving Bijan

Postby jeffster » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:47 am

My season ended in the first round of the playoffs, and I have someone trying to buy Bijan.

His offer right now is the 1.02 (our bottom 6 picks are already set) and Jeudy. The 1.01 is owned by the team that earned it, and they have needs everywhere, so I would expect QB to be their play.

It's a 12-team PPR Superflex. I'm fairly young and likely a playoff contender next year also (especially if Chubb recovers).

It would leave me a little short at RB, but we only have to start 2 (along with 3 WR and 2 Flex). My WRs are already strong, but since we can start up to 5 of them, more is always good. I'm also motivated to own less Falcons players after going into the season with Bijan and Pitts!

So do you move Bijan for what is likely MHJ+? Value wise Bijan is super high on DLF still, but it's honestly an outlier compared to what I see elsewhere. So if not, how far off is that?

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Moving Bijan

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:58 am

Looks like a fair offer to me. Does he have any other pieces besides Jeudy that you like? I’m not a big Jeudy fan.

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:25 am

jeffster wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:47 am My season ended in the first round of the playoffs, and I have someone trying to buy Bijan.

His offer right now is the 1.02 (our bottom 6 picks are already set) and Jeudy. The 1.01 is owned by the team that earned it, and they have needs everywhere, so I would expect QB to be their play.

It's a 12-team PPR Superflex. I'm fairly young and likely a playoff contender next year also (especially if Chubb recovers).

I would personally move Bijan for that, with the bolded in mind.
As another posted mentioned, perhaps something else than Jeudy.

I get that CMC is a world beater, and we hope Bijan can be something similar. But if this year has taught me anything, it is that you should load up on tickets for RBs with a strong strong WR core.

What does your roster look like?

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am

seems more than fair as is. ask for a 2nd and add a 3rd if you are torn and need to squeeze a little more value out of it
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:51 am

If you prefer to build around Harrison Jr over Robinson, than I could see making the deal. If you can get a better add than Jeudy, the value improves.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:28 am

Will you still feel good about this deal if for whatever reason it isn't MHJR? He hasn't declared and the 1.01 could take him if he does. I think this deal is a tad risky until MHJR declares. Once he does, I'm fine with it because CW will carry as much or more value than Bijan in SF.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:40 pm

tstafford wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:28 am Will you still feel good about this deal if for whatever reason it isn't MHJR? He hasn't declared and the 1.01 could take him if he does. I think this deal is a tad risky until MHJR declares. Once he does, I'm fine with it because CW will carry as much or more value than Bijan in SF.
I agree there is risk unless you have made a deal with 1.01 that he won’t take you guy
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 pm

Value seems fair, but I would not count on MHJ being there at 1.02.
If you need help at QB, I would definitely make the trade.

Most of my 12 team SF leagues the 1.01 will be taking MHJ (including my 2 shares of 1.01).

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:53 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 pm Value seems fair, but I would not count on MHJ being there at 1.02.

Most of my 12 team SF leagues the 1.01 will be taking MHJ (including my 2 shares of 1.01).
At risk of being a broken record - we don't know that he's going to declare. I think there's a legit risk he doesn't. Not everyone is purely motivated by money - esp. folks who probably don't need it.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:13 pm

Full disclosure... I'm not very deep into rookie tape yet but based on the little I've seen and the lots I've heard, there may be 3 prospects (SF) in this draft that I'd prefer over an Arthur Smith led Bijan. Over and over again we see RBs come out of nowhere. While it's great to have a guy like Bijan, give me the elite level QB/WR over RB every day of the week.

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:34 pm

I wouldn't trade Bijan right now. Here is why....

At Chubbs peak I traded him for Josh Jacobs and a slew of picks and players.

At the end of last season after Jacobs peaked I traded him for Akers, Nico, 1st and 2nd

My point is trading Bijan right now doesn't really put you in position to win the trade. Bijan has 1200 total yards and 7 TD's on 230 touches (50 catches) on an underperforming offense in his rookie year and we are talking about it like that's BAD. Think about if he gets better, or at worse...stays the same? This deal doesn't even guarantee you a player with that kind of floor. In my opinion the outcomes are net neutral or loss and if Im trading Bijan I need to feel like I clearly won the deal unless Bijan went LT on us. If you're going to trade Bijan, trade him after next year when his value has peaked a little more. Selling Bijan now would be like selling a stock that rose a little bit because you weren't patient enough and then it goes through the roof. You need to assume that Bijan will improve from his 1200 total yards, 50 catches, and 7 TD's. Remember many weren't high on JT after his first season.....and then he erupted. That was the time to sell JT. If I was selling Bijan right now I don't really know what player to ask for along with the 1.2 right now that seems worth the while and also justifiable. I would hold.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Postby joshuawrobbins » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:13 pm

I think this one really comes down to positional needs as the value is pretty similar here. If you need wideouts more or are looking for a longer term approach, I would feel good about taking the pick.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:13 pm

tstafford wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:53 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 pm Value seems fair, but I would not count on MHJ being there at 1.02.

At risk of being a broken record - we don't know that he's going to declare. I think there's a legit risk he doesn't. Not everyone is purely motivated by money - esp. folks who probably don't need it.
Yeah, I get that, but I struggle to project a top prospect be stupid enough to go back to school until I actually see one stupid enough to do it.

Normally players that SHOULD go back to school don't, that is fairly common.
Extremely rare for a solid stud, sure fire top 5 pick, to go back to school.