Tank "The Tank" Bigsby

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tank "The Tank" Bigsby

Postby gpaok » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:56 am

Like others have said, I don’t think Bigsby is the first to take a chance if ETN went down. I feel like his ypc, the fumbles seem like an issue etc. scream this would be a timeshare.

At this point he seems like a low end handcuff - I even feel like other handcuffs have showed more potential that Bigsby such as Dowdle.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:24 am

I drafted Bigsby in a league where ETN was pretty much my only RB, so I felt I just had to handcuff him.

In my eyes, Bigsby is one of the bigger busts of the season. Not only did it turn out that all concerns about ETN were unwarranted (yeah, I know, hindsight is always 20/20). Not only did Bigsby not cut into ETN's RZ production at all, and did not even get close to a 1b role. No, it turned out that even the backup / handcuff role was too big for Bigsby.

RB is a position where rookies typically don't need time to develop. Either they are good right out of the gate, or they will never be good. Bigsby isn't good, and I will probably drop him ahead of the 2024 draft. I wasted the 2nd I spent on him, just like the Jags wasted their 3rd.

Time to move on.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:45 am

ZakHH wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:24 am RB is a position where rookies typically don't need time to develop.
debatable. easier to learn than other positions, yeah, but there's still a learning curve. remember jonathan taylor being called (mainly by those who drafted CEH at 1.01, but i digress) trent richardson 2.0 halfway through his first season? and at that point he had about 5 times the rushing attempts that bigsby has now.

not to say that bigsby is or is gonna be good, but even running backs may need a bit of time to find their feet. kyren williams certainly didn't look like the beast he looks now.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:10 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:45 am
ZakHH wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:24 am RB is a position where rookies typically don't need time to develop.
debatable. easier to learn than other positions, yeah, but there's still a learning curve. remember jonathan taylor being called (mainly by those who drafted CEH at 1.01, but i digress) trent richardson 2.0 halfway through his first season? and at that point he had about 5 times the rushing attempts that bigsby has now.

not to say that bigsby is or is gonna be good, but even running backs may need a bit of time to find their feet. kyren williams certainly didn't look like the beast he looks now.
To be fair, Kyren was rumored to have a role before last year, but got hurt the first game of the year (on special teams I believe), and was done until mid November. Not sure how healthy he truly was after that.

But I agree. Too early to call on Bigsby, but I’m certainly not encouraged thus far.

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:49 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that RBs cannot develop. If ETN was a veteran who might be let go or hit the age cliff next year, I'd be happy to stash Bigsby for another year. But that isn't the case.

There are no reports that Bigsby was limited by any injuries. The expectation was that he would become the goal line carrier, a field where ETN didn't excel last year. Some even speculated Bigsby might become the 1b to ETN's 1a.

The reality: Bigsby wasn't even good enough to become ETN's backup. D'Ernest Johnson earned that role. Johnson is a rock solid RB who spent time on my rosters before. Yet still, if Bigsby would have what it takes to be a potential starter in the near future, he should at least have been able to carve out a role this year.

He wasn't. And while WRs and especially TEs usually need 1-3 years to reach their prime in the NFL, RBs statistically do so in year 1. His role isn't going to increase unless ETN gets injured, and even then, he still has an uphill battle for the backup role ahead of him.

At this stage, I'd rather keep Johnson than Bigsby. We don't know where Johnson will play next year. But at least, he's repeatedly proven that he is good enough for a backup role. When his number is called, he shows up. Something Bigsby yet has to prove.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 am

As an ETN owner I did the mistake to draft Bigsby ahead of Spears, Achane, R Johnson, because of the training hype of being more or less a 1b and he was also ETNs handcuff.

But at this point I would easily drop him for next years stashes like Jaleel McLaughlin, or some WR like Tillman or Wilson.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:29 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 am As an ETN owner I did the mistake to draft Bigsby ahead of Spears, Achane, R Johnson, because of the training hype of being more or less a 1b and he was also ETNs handcuff.

But at this point I would easily drop him for next years stashes like Jaleel McLaughlin, or some WR like Tillman or Wilson.
Unfortunately I agree with all of this. I was prepared to take him and got sniped a pick or two before. Glad that happened.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:57 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:29 am
gpaok wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 am As an ETN owner I did the mistake to draft Bigsby ahead of Spears, Achane, R Johnson, because of the training hype of being more or less a 1b and he was also ETNs handcuff.

Unfortunately I agree with all of this. I was prepared to take him and got sniped a pick or two before. Glad that happened.
I think there's a legit chance JAX drafts another RB. I'm not sure Bigsby makes the team.