Bryce Young

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bryce Young

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:55 pm

Okay, I’m seeing some real mixed messages here. Per PFR team offensive advanced stats (and corroborated at other sites) CAR is:

Tied for 5th best pocket time

3rd least blitzed

19th in hurries

12th best in QB pressures allowed

For an O line supposed as bad as being portrayed by some here, those stats above don’t jibe.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:02 pm

considering many are worried about his size how did that work for the much larger and much faster, more elusive AR? Sometimes size isnt everything and yes he has struggled but many QBs do, give the lad time. I think I will wait to past judgment after a couple of years and look how bad T Law was his Rookie year, coaching matters.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:42 pm

Just heard the Fantasy Footballers talk about him, and his situation. I pretty much think it's spot on. They agree that the OL isn't good, or his WR help, but that he is also, not a good QB, as it stands. He shouldn't be completely written off, but he has a really long way to go, and the ceiling looks a lot lower.

He's having a Josh Rosen type of season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:08 pm

Young has regressed in aspects of the position, though I don't think it's permanent. He missed an easy touchdown to Mingo deep yesterday and made a questionable decision on a 4th/1. On the otherhand, it was more of the same of receivers not getting open and the Saints getting pressure at will. The playcalling also continues to make no sense.

Overall, it's just a hopeless situation this season. A front office can't possibly expect any rookie QB, regardless of how high they were selected, to succeed in this type of structure.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:08 pm Young has regressed in aspects of the position, though I don't think it's permanent. He missed an easy touchdown to Mingo deep yesterday and made a questionable decision on a 4th/1. On the otherhand, it was more of the same of receivers not getting open and the Saints getting pressure at will. The playcalling also continues to make no sense.

Overall, it's just a hopeless situation this season. A front office can't possibly expect any rookie QB, regardless of how high they were selected, to succeed in this type of structure.
Personally, this is the argument I'd make while trying to sell him this off-season :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:08 pm Young has regressed in aspects of the position, though I don't think it's permanent. He missed an easy touchdown to Mingo deep yesterday and made a questionable decision on a 4th/1. On the otherhand, it was more of the same of receivers not getting open and the Saints getting pressure at will. The playcalling also continues to make no sense.

Worth noting that it's beyond toxic in that locker room right now. The next hire will be absolutely key... they need a McDaniels level hire to salvage Bryce and give him easy buttons on offense imo, or the outlook will indeed be Rosen-esque.

To the bolded - I heard on a Pod yesterday that the wife of the interim OC (I think?) commented-then-deleted on her socials that "someone else is welcome to come and call plays, we're just doing it because nobody else wants to". Yikes.

Starting to wonder if Tepper might be a bit of a problem as a boss, too. Ben Johnson literally decided he'd rather keep being an OC rather than work for him the first time round. That says something to me...

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:42 pm

mild wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:28 pm

Worth noting that it's beyond toxic in that locker room right now. The next hire will be absolutely key... they need a McDaniels level hire to salvage Bryce and give him easy buttons on offense imo, or the outlook will indeed be Rosen-esque.

To the bolded - I heard on a Pod yesterday that the wife of the interim OC (I think?) commented-then-deleted on her socials that "someone else is welcome to come and call plays, we're just doing it because nobody else wants to". Yikes.

Starting to wonder if Tepper might be a bit of a problem as a boss, too. Ben Johnson literally decided he'd rather keep being an OC rather than work for him the first time round. That says something to me...
Yeah, that article described a really toxic, walking-on-eggshells type of environment.

I think whatever coach they hire is going to want a setup that assures them control. I also think they'll struggle to get a good HC if they keep the current GM.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:42 pm Yeah, that article described a really toxic, walking-on-eggshells type of environment.

I think whatever coach they hire is going to want a setup that assures them control. I also think they'll struggle to get a good HC if they keep the current GM.
Agreed on both fronts.

To me, that narrows it down - it's less likely they get a more unproven guy (Slowik?) and far more likely they go with an established name.

Somewhat similar to the McCarthy hire in Dallas - where whoever is coming in does so knowing that they'll have to deal with orbiting an outsized owner personality who is also incredibly hands-on. (Perhaps to a lesser degree here - but perhaps not if the Bryce/Stroud reports are to be believed)

Won't surprise me in the least if that both rules out AND shies a number of top candidates away.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Nagy? 😆
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 pm

81- wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:34 pmNagy? 😆
I was thinking more likely Dan Quinn tbh.

I don't think Ben Johnson goes there if it's a choice between that or the Chargers. (or even another mystery team)

There will be vanishingly few real-deal Offensive guys in the cycle, and they will be the premium ones to acquire - Johnson being the obvious jewel of this recruiting cycle as a guy with a body of work that speaks for itself. Unfortunately, with their demand at the absolutely highest level right now in the league, I find it difficult to believe the right combination of established guy + offensive minded talent + willing to work in a terrible situation = will be there for the Panthers in this cycle.

It's way more likely they go with more of a retread. I don't think they'll do anything wild like rolling the dice on Bienemy or Slowik.

Will definitely be an interesting hiring process to watch unfold.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 pm

mild wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 pm
81- wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:34 pmNagy? 😆
I was thinking more likely Dan Quinn tbh.

I don't think Ben Johnson goes there if it's a choice between that or the Chargers. (or even another mystery team)

There will be vanishingly few real-deal Offensive guys in the cycle, and they will be the premium ones to acquire - Johnson being the obvious jewel of this recruiting cycle as a guy with a body of work that speaks for itself. Unfortunately, with their demand at the absolutely highest level right now in the league, I find it difficult to believe the right combination of established guy + offensive minded talent + willing to work in a terrible situation = will be there for the Panthers in this cycle.

It's way more likely they go with more of a retread. I don't think they'll do anything wild like rolling the dice on Bienemy or Slowik.

Will definitely be an interesting hiring process to watch unfold.
I am not sure Quinn wants to be a HC again, and I doubt he'd want to be in that situation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:56 pm I am not sure Quinn wants to be a HC again, and I doubt he'd want to be in that situation.
Yeah, you might be right. But on the other hand - if he does have any remaining aspiration to that position again, he will be a serious candidate this offseason. Teams will talk to him.

If he has any remaining desire to do the job, this may be his best chance to get it again.

And let's not forget - for as messy as this situation is - with the whispered going rates for top tier coaches we are hearing right now (Payton in Denver 5 years @ $18 mil a season comes to mind) - we are legitimately talking generational wealth here from the bank of Tepper. If it's on offer, for a job you think you can do - can you really turn it down in good conscience for your family?